Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Skills Assessment requirements for SubClass 175

Skills Assessment requirements for SubClass 175

Old Dec 21st 2009, 12:55 am
Just Joined

widehorizons is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Skills Assessment requirements for SubClass 175

Hi guys,
Well I had applied for a Canadian Permenant Residence back in January 2008 and till now my application has been in the pile of baackground checks. Its going to be 2 years soon. I dont think they have intentions to approve my applications so here I am thinking about lodging and an AUS migrant application.

This question for the those who have managed to obtain a positive skills assessment through ACS. I have a science degree (3 years) from a canadian university and 2 years of related work experience related to my nominated occupation (Computing Professionals). I would like to know if this is enough to get a positive assessment... if not what is the shortest route to get a positve assessment i.e. get more work experience or more education?
There is no way I can pursue a computer science degree cause really its not possible to pay international student fees.
I did check my score for subclass 175 and I get 135 to 145 depending if I score 50 or 60 for nominated occupation.

Looking forward to professional responses.
Old Dec 21st 2009, 2:01 am
Forum Regular

ejram is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Skills Assessment requirements for SubClass 175

To get a positive ACS assessment, you need 4 years full time work experience (if you graduate from an ICT major, otherwise, you need 6 years).

http://www.acs.org.au/index.cfm?acti...killguidelines
Old Dec 21st 2009, 2:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by widehorizons

Ummm well I think you had better pay a professional then. Most of us on here are amateurs just sharing our experience and knowledge. You have basically just told us not to bother responding.
Old Dec 21st 2009, 2:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Barbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond repute

Hehehehe! fair enough

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
Ummm well I think you had better pay a professional then. Most of us on here are amateurs just sharing our experience and knowledge. You have basically just told us not to bother responding.
Old Dec 21st 2009, 2:19 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys,
Well I had applied for a Canadian Permenant Residence back in January 2008 and till now my application has been in the pile of baackground checks. Its going to be 2 years soon. I dont think they have intentions to approve my applications so here I am thinking about lodging and an AUS migrant application.
And it's probably going to be 2 years for you to get a visa to Australia, too. Background checks are done on Australian visa applicants as well, and it is up to your home country to provide the information. If they are slow about it then there is nothing you can do but wait.

Then as Bermudashorts said, you will likely need to look at hiring an agent. There are many migration agents out there, just make sure who you choose is MARA registered.
Old Dec 21st 2009, 4:17 am
Reg. Migration Agent

SD_MOA is just really niceSD_MOA is just really niceSD_MOA is just really niceSD_MOA is just really niceSD_MOA is just really niceSD_MOA is just really niceSD_MOA is just really niceSD_MOA is just really niceSD_MOA is just really nice

Hi guys,

This question for the those who have managed to obtain a positive skills assessment through ACS. I have a science degree (3 years) from a canadian university and 2 years of related work experience related to my nominated occupation (Computing Professionals). I would like to know if this is enough to get a positive assessment... if not what is the shortest route to get a positve assessment i.e. get more work experience or more education?
There is no way I can pursue a computer science degree cause really its not possible to pay international student fees.
I did check my score for subclass 175 and I get 135 to 145 depending if I score 50 or 60 for nominated occupation.

Hello There,
If you only have 2 years IT experience then I'm afraid that you won't get a positive skills assessment from the ACS. Their minimum w/e requirment is 4 years with a Degree that was a major in IT.

Regards