Wikiposts

skills assessment

Old Apr 2nd 2012, 11:48 pm
Forum Regular

samb29 is just really nicesamb29 is just really nicesamb29 is just really nicesamb29 is just really nicesamb29 is just really nicesamb29 is just really nicesamb29 is just really nicesamb29 is just really nice
Default skills assessment

Hey,

I wonder what the process is for applying for state migration skilled visa, I am getting different info from agents and they are taking ages to get back to me.

I want to basically know if I can get my skills assessed without going via an agent or even starting to apply for the visa. I am looking to apply under telecoms tech but I need to know first of all that my current job will be closely related to allow me to apply for this visa.

I havent completed 12 months yet in my new role but I want to have my skills assessed so I know once I hit the 12 months mark that I can apply

Any info that can be supplied would be great
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 12:11 am

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: skills assessment

Originally Posted by samb29
Hey,

I wonder what the process is for applying for state migration skilled visa, I am getting different info from agents and they are taking ages to get back to me.

I want to basically know if I can get my skills assessed without going via an agent or even starting to apply for the visa. I am looking to apply under telecoms tech but I need to know first of all that my current job will be closely related to allow me to apply for this visa.

I havent completed 12 months yet in my new role but I want to have my skills assessed so I know once I hit the 12 months mark that I can apply

Any info that can be supplied would be great
You can't apply for a visa without a positive skills assessment. You don't need an agent for any part of it. You can choose to have one, if you're not confident with the application, or if there are complications (such as convictions or medical conditions, etc), but it's not mandatory. If you do go with an agent, make sure they are MARA registered.
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 12:57 am
Forum Regular

samb29 is just really nicesamb29 is just really nicesamb29 is just really nicesamb29 is just really nicesamb29 is just really nicesamb29 is just really nicesamb29 is just really nicesamb29 is just really nice

Thanks

So I can contact TRA and get my skills assessed at anytime, so can I get my skills assessed and then wait 5 months to apply as I have to tick the box of been working in this related job for 12 of last 24 months.

Any idea how much a skills assessment costs
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 1:13 am
BE Enthusiast

peaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nice

I think there is not sufficient time for you to apply under 176 with the SS. my advice is get the skills assessment done along with IELTS and apply under the new rules once they are changed on 1st july 2012.
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 1:15 am

mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks

So I can contact TRA and get my skills assessed at anytime, so can I get my skills assessed and then wait 5 months to apply as I have to tick the box of been working in this related job for 12 of last 24 months.

Any idea how much a skills assessment costs
Have you only been working for seven months? You need to have twelve out of the last twenty four months working in your nominated occupation before you can apply for a visa. I have no idea how much your assessment will be, as ours was with Vetassess. Check the TRA website.
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 1:25 am
Forum Regular

movingdownunderihope is an unknown quantity at this point

my TRA was 300 aud
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 1:52 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mrsgreenstar76
Have you only been working for seven months? You need to have twelve out of the last twenty four months working in your nominated occupation before you can apply for a visa. I have no idea how much your assessment will be, as ours was with Vetassess. Check the TRA website.
I have 5 years experience in my skilled list selection and this is what my qualification is in, but have worked in telecoms for 10 years however I am only now back working in a closely related role to my choosen Skilled list selection for the last 7 months
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 1:58 am

I have 5 years experience in my skilled list selection and this is what my qualification is in, but have worked in telecoms for 10 years however I am only now back working in a closely related role to my choosen Skilled list selection for the last 7 months
Well, you need twelve out of the last twenty four months before application as a minimum to apply for the visa.
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 2:14 am
Forum Regular

yip I am aware as stated above and below. my question is can I get my skills assessed if I have been working in my current role that i hope to use as closely related even though this is under 12 months but I am aware to actually apply for the visa I will have to wait till I complete 12 months

as I have to tick the box of been working in this related job for 12 of last 24 months.
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 2:27 am
Forum Regular

yip I am aware as stated above and below. my question is can I get my skills assessed if I have been working in my current role that i hope to use as closely related even though this is under 12 months but I am aware to actually apply for the visa I will have to wait till I complete 12 months

as I have to tick the box of been working in this related job for 12 of last 24 months.
I don't understand at all I'm sorry. Why wouldn't you be able to get your skills assessed, what are you worried about?
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 2:46 am
Forum Regular

sorry I'll try to explain better.....ok so I know I have to be employed for 12 of the last 24 months in my choosen SOL or closly related to apply for the visa...

but in the last 24 months although I have still worked in telecoms I have only worked 5 months in a role that I could closely relate too my choosen SOL Which I have 4-6 years experience in, but I dont meet the above requirement yet but will in 7 months.....when I have completed 12 months

so will that impact my skills assessment or will they care about the 12 in 24 months part

I hope this is clearer
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 2:51 am

I don't see why you couldn't go for a skills assessment if you wanted to. Why don't you read the information on the TRA website?

Originally Posted by movingdownunderihope
I don't understand at all I'm sorry. Why wouldn't you be able to get your skills assessed, what are you worried about?
I was wondering that too. I think the OP needs to be a bit clearer.
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 2:54 am
Forum Regular

sorry I'll try to explain better.....ok so I know I have to be employed for 12 of the last 24 months in my choosen SOL or closly related to apply for the visa...

but in the last 24 months although I have still worked in telecoms I have only worked 5 months in a role that I could closely relate too my choosen SOL Which I have 4-6 years experience in, but I dont meet the above requirement yet but will in 7 months.....when I have completed 12 months

so will that impact my skills assessment or will they care about the 12 in 24 months part

I hope this is clearer
In terms of the skills assessment requiring 12 months work in the last 24 months in the occupation, I don't think they do, but I'm not 100%.

Is that what you're trying to find out?
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 3:02 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by movingdownunderihope
In terms of the skills assessment requiring 12 months work in the last 24 months in the occupation, I don't think they do, but I'm not 100%.

Is that what you're trying to find out?
Basically yes thats it......sorry for being unclear its just not the simplest of set ups I have, in a nut shell I just want to know that the TRA dont require this 12 out of 24 months tick in the box, and also that if and when I get a pass assessment i can hold off 7 months........I basically dont want to waste 7 months to find out this is not closely related
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 3:09 am
Forum Regular

As far as I know the skills assessment is valid indefinitely. TRA are taking a long time at the moment, so you might be waiting 4-6 months from when you apply. You'll have to check the guidelines at TRA website on recent work experience.

Good luck mate

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.