Skills Assessment

Old Jul 26th 2010, 7:11 pm
Just Joined

mark_n_jen2010 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Skills Assessment

Hi

I've started looking into things & was going to go it alone but due to being unsure about the vetasses process thought i'd speak to some agents for advice. Basically my problem is that my job seems to fit most of that of Medical Administrator, but not all! The agents i spoke to don't seem able to advise further on what i'd need to prove my skills, they just seemed to be reading off the same websites I have!!

Is the skills assessment one of the most complicated parts of this process? The 2 agents I've spoken to have told me how they'll help with this process but i'm not sure how if they can't tell me more of what's expected than I can? I wonder if i'm in a different position as i'm not having a trade assessed or a job like accountancy or medicine where the qualifications speak for themselves?

Sorry for the ramble....I kep thinking we're good to go, then stall!

I'm hoping to apply for a skilled sponsored (family) visa

Thanks
Old Jul 26th 2010, 7:34 pm
Forum Regular

Paula31 is a jewel in the roughPaula31 is a jewel in the roughPaula31 is a jewel in the roughPaula31 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Skills Assessment

Hi

What is it that you are unsure of with Vetassess? http://http://www.vetassess.com.au/migrate_to_australia/qa2_nominating_occupation.cfm

It states that Medical Administrator is in Cat B and in all options in that catagory it says

: "and one year/two years/three years of employment in a field closely related to the nominated occupation, at an appropriate skill level, completed in the five years before the date of application for a Skills Assessment"

The link gives more information. It also gives a list of evidence that is needed for your assessment.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by Paula31; Jul 26th 2010 at 7:40 pm. Reason: link not working
Old Jul 26th 2010, 7:43 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for your reply. I think i'm getting stressed over the detail! Do I need to have everything they state or is this a guidance? The agent i spoke to today seemed to think i'd need a much higher level of experience & that any manager role in Australia usually means at director level. I'm a manager in the NHS but i'm not a director of any services. I guess the title medical administrator was a bit misleading!
Old Jul 26th 2010, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

Paula31 is a jewel in the roughPaula31 is a jewel in the roughPaula31 is a jewel in the roughPaula31 is a jewel in the rough

What sort of manager are you for the NHS. Have you checked out Anzco? This might help catagorize your job. http://www.abs.gov.au/AUSSTATS/[email protected]?opendocument

The following occupations appear on SOL schedule 4

Occupations:
134211 Medical Administrator (Aus) / Medical Superintendent (NZ)
134213 Primary Health Organisation Manager
134214 Welfare Centre Manager

Or
224213 Health Information Manager
224214 Records Manager

or
132311 HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGER - This is assessed by AIM
Old Jul 27th 2010, 6:45 pm
Just Joined

sorry for the delay, thanks again for all your help.

I'm a performance manager so deal with all government targets, implementing policy changes & responsible for service improvement. pretty far reaching but as I said, it's little bits of each of the jobs you gave but not all of any particular one!

One of the agents suggested it was all just down to 'beefing up' the cv but i'm not sure it's really that simple? If it is chief exec/director level they are after they will see from my payslip i'm not that! I suppose i need to know how much detail & background they will need?
Old Jul 27th 2010, 8:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mark_n_jen2010
sorry for the delay, thanks again for all your help.

I'm a performance manager so deal with all government targets, implementing policy changes & responsible for service improvement. pretty far reaching but as I said, it's little bits of each of the jobs you gave but not all of any particular one!

One of the agents suggested it was all just down to 'beefing up' the cv but i'm not sure it's really that simple? If it is chief exec/director level they are after they will see from my payslip i'm not that! I suppose i need to know how much detail & background they will need?
If you don't readily fit into one of the occupations, then I would be inclined to think professional help from a good agent is essential.

Getting a positive skills assessment when you do not slot in easily can certainly be the hardest part of the process. However it is not over then, the CO also has to be convinced that you have recent work experience in the occupation and you could even get declined at that stage.

Don't try and take this further based upon advice on the forum, it is too risky and we don't know enough about you to be able to make a call Get professional help and of cours eyou migth have to accept that you do not qualify for skilled migration.
Old Jul 28th 2010, 4:36 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
If you don't readily fit into one of the occupations, then I would be inclined to think professional help from a good agent is essential.

Getting a positive skills assessment when you do not slot in easily can certainly be the hardest part of the process. However it is not over then, the CO also has to be convinced that you have recent work experience in the occupation and you could even get declined at that stage.

Don't try and take this further based upon advice on the forum, it is too risky and we don't know enough about you to be able to make a call Get professional help and of cours eyou migth have to accept that you do not qualify for skilled migration.
Thanks for that Bermuda shorts, think i'll try another agent, maybe look for some recommendations on here. Sound advice, no point in trying to fit into a role only to fall further down the line!