Skilled Sponsored Visa: subclass 176

Old Sep 20th 2008, 8:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Safaet will become famous soon enoughSafaet will become famous soon enough
Default Skilled Sponsored Visa: subclass 176

Hi All,
I'm a prospective applicant for Skilled Sponsored Visa: subclass 176. I will require a nomination from the regional govt to fulfill the point's requirement. So far, my occupation is listed on the skills in demand list for Victoria, Western Australia, Tasmania and Australian Capital territory.
I have already submitted my academic documents to VETASSESS and planning for nomination request to regional govts. Now, I need your suggestion to answer the following questions:
1. Which region will be best from the above list wrt job opportunity and living standard?
2. Is it possible to apply for more than one region simultaneously?
3. My existing point is: Academic:50+Age:25+IELTS:15+ Work experience:05+Regional Nomination:10=105. Is this enough to pass DIAC point test for 176?
4. If I am getting Nomination from Victoria, can I be able to stay in Melbourne?
5. In generally, What is the standard financial requirement for a couple to settle in region?

Sorry for my long email.
I look forward to hearing from you in this regard!!

Kind Regards/
Safaet
Old Sep 20th 2008, 6:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

melbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to all
Default Re: Skilled Sponsored Visa: subclass 176

Originally Posted by Safaet
Hi All,
I'm a prospective applicant for Skilled Sponsored Visa: subclass 176. I will require a nomination from the regional govt to fulfill the point's requirement. So far, my occupation is listed on the skills in demand list for Victoria, Western Australia, Tasmania and Australian Capital territory.
I have already submitted my academic documents to VETASSESS and planning for nomination request to regional govts. Now, I need your suggestion to answer the following questions:
1. Which region will be best from the above list wrt job opportunity and living standard?
Up to you, have you done any research?

2. Is it possible to apply for more than one region simultaneously?

Sorry, not sure on that one

3. My existing point is: Academic:50+Age:25+IELTS:15+ Work experience:05+Regional Nomination:10=105. Is this enough to pass DIAC point test for 176?

You only need 100 points for 176 sponsored visa

4. If I am getting Nomination from Victoria, can I be able to stay in Melbourne?

I am pretty sure that as long as you get state sponsorship, you settle in the state, with WA, we had to put down which region but I'm not sure if that applies to all state sponsorship

5. In generally, What is the standard financial requirement for a couple to settle in region?

For WA, it's enough for you to support yourself and your family members with you for at least 6 months in case you do not find employment.

Sorry for my long email.
I look forward to hearing from you in this regard!!

Kind Regards/
Safaet
I think I've answered these fairly correctly, please somebody put me right if I haven't!!

Mel
Old Sep 21st 2008, 3:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Mel for your kind reply!
I am actually in research stage now. I am searching for all available information about those states.
I know that I need only 100 point for 176 sponsored visa but is it including or excluding the point for regional nomination? I am confused. (ie. I have only 95 point if I exclude regional nomination point)

Expecting replies from you!!

Thank you/Safaet
Old Sep 21st 2008, 3:41 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I am actually in research stage now. I am searching for all available information about those states.
I know that I need only 100 point for 176 sponsored visa but is it including or excluding the point for regional nomination? I am confused. (ie. I have only 95 point if I exclude regional nomination point)

Thank you/Safaet
If you go to the main Aus forum HERE you will find loads of info as to the actual living standards and job opportunities for each State
Old Sep 21st 2008, 3:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Pollyana!!

Let me explore this and I'll be waiting for the answers of other questions.

Safaet.
Old Sep 21st 2008, 7:09 am
BE Enthusiast

melbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to all

Thank you/Safaet
If I remember correctly, you can use the sponsorship points towards your hundred but why not try using a points calculator and see if it states you are eligible. There's lots of them on the web - including the DIAC's website.

Mel
Old Sep 21st 2008, 8:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Again Mel.
I have tried in one of the point test. The result is here:

Assessment Result for Safaet Hossain
Required Pass Mark: 100 points
Your Points Score: 110 points*

Your Assessment Summary (Current as of the 21st of September 2008)
Criteria Your Answer Points
Nominated Occupation Urban and Regional Planner 50
Age 18 to 29 30
English Language Ability Intermediate 15
Occupational Experience More than three years 5
State/Territory Sponsorship Points Applicable 10
Your Points Score: 110*
Old Sep 21st 2008, 1:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Again Mel.
I have tried in one of the point test. The result is here:

Assessment Result for Safaet Hossain
Required Pass Mark: 100 points
Your Points Score: 110 points*

Your Assessment Summary (Current as of the 21st of September 2008)
Criteria Your Answer Points
Nominated Occupation Urban and Regional Planner 50
Age 18 to 29 30
English Language Ability Intermediate 15
Occupational Experience More than three years 5
State/Territory Sponsorship Points Applicable 10
Your Points Score: 110*
Good news for you then!

Good luck!!

Mel