Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Skilled (Provisional) Regional-Sponsored subclass 475 visa

Skilled (Provisional) Regional-Sponsored subclass 475 visa

Old Feb 4th 2008, 4:26 pm
Forum Regular

tynajon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Skilled (Provisional) Regional-Sponsored subclass 475 visa

Hi, just fishing to see if there is anyone out there applying for a Skilled (Provisional) Regional-Sponsored subclass 475 visa? If so would like to hear from you. Its great reading about how peoples applications are going but most seem to be for instant permanent visas, so would be good to hear views from those who are in temp visa prosess or already have one.
cheers
tyna
Old Feb 4th 2008, 4:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Skilled (Provisional) Regional-Sponsored subclass 475 visa

We're applying for this because sadly, although we have 125 points inc sponsorship our occupations only appear on the 475 list for SA. We're hoping after 1 years work we can apply for PR with extra points from 1 year's Aussie work experience. If not, we'll wait the 2 years as usual.

When did you apply?

I would be interested in hearing if anyone has been granted a 475 yet??
Old Feb 5th 2008, 2:11 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fly Away
We're applying for this because sadly, although we have 125 points inc sponsorship our occupations only appear on the 475 list for SA. We're hoping after 1 years work we can apply for PR with extra points from 1 year's Aussie work experience. If not, we'll wait the 2 years as usual.
Have you thought about going for permanent residence via the RSMS visa as soon as you arrive (if you have an employer to sponsor you)?
Old Feb 5th 2008, 9:44 am
Forum Regular

dhakar_zubok is a jewel in the roughdhakar_zubok is a jewel in the roughdhakar_zubok is a jewel in the roughdhakar_zubok is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by tynajon
Hi, just fishing to see if there is anyone out there applying for a Skilled (Provisional) Regional-Sponsored subclass 475 visa? If so would like to hear from you. Its great reading about how peoples applications are going but most seem to be for instant permanent visas, so would be good to hear views from those who are in temp visa prosess or already have one.
cheers
tyna
I am on this category. I applied on 26th January.
Old Feb 5th 2008, 10:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JAJ
Have you thought about going for permanent residence via the RSMS visa as soon as you arrive (if you have an employer to sponsor you)?
What a great idea JAJ! Thanks for bringing it to our attention. Obviously it depends on whether one of us could get a job where the employer would be prepared to this but it would be fantastic if we could do it!

I am just going to look into this right now.
Old Feb 5th 2008, 11:10 am
Forum Regular

talisman will become famous soon enough

cheers
tyna
Hi, we have applied for 475 visa in November, for Tasmania. Will look for willing employer when we get there. fingers crossed.
jane
Old Feb 5th 2008, 1:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of light

cheers
tyna
Hi Tyna,
also hoping to apply for a 475 to SA. Submitted online application to SA with printed cover sheets/financial decleration etc.
Waiting .....................hopefully not long now for this.

Johnnyyt
Old Feb 5th 2008, 8:30 pm
Forum Regular

cheers all for your responses, nice to know Im not the only one out there at the mo on this visa. My visa is for Vic because its the only place looking for my job, but Vic looks very nice, its the only part of Aus I havent been to yet. My application is in 3 stages. Ive done the first bit ( have my qualifications checked - Oct 2007) & am waiting for reply to the 2nd stage, registering with Victoria Institue of Teaching (Nov 2007), then my main application goes off, hopefully any time soon. Are anyone elses visa applications in more than one part?

Tyna
Old Feb 5th 2008, 8:34 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by johnnyyt
Hi Tyna,
also hoping to apply for a 475 to SA. Submitted online application to SA with printed cover sheets/financial decleration etc.
Waiting .....................hopefully not long now for this.

Johnnyyt
Hi Johnnyyt,

just looking at your footnote, so I'll ask a daft question... What does TRA stand for & why was it originally declined? What made them change their mind on appeal?

Tyna
Old Feb 5th 2008, 11:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Johnnyyt,

just looking at your footnote, so I'll ask a daft question... What does TRA stand for & why was it originally declined? What made them change their mind on appeal?

Tyna
Hi Tyna,
you will soon find out that there are no daft questions, if you know you know, if you don't you don't.
Lots of helpfull people on this forum who have asked and answeared any and all types of 'daft' questions.
Having employed an agent has helped myself to get this far, although some prefer to go it alone. There are some registered agents who give good advice on this forum and come highly recommended.

TRA is Trades Recognition Australia, which is where my skills as general communications was assessed.My first TRA submission was rejected on a couple of things i.e. didn't like my job description (thought it was my managers who signed it:curse, said didn't show early career training in enough detail, wanted to know why I 'left' and 'joined' different companies- Nynex, Cable & Wireless, NTL,NTL Telewest, VirginMedia - all continued employment just company name changes.
I submitted an appeal against the original decision (Pathway 'D') with extra supporting documents and was successfull as assessed under pathway 'C'.

I have applied to SA for a regional state sponsered 475 temp visa (only route available for me) which I am waiting for. When this is approved submit the main visa application and the long wait.

Hope this helps.

Johnnyyt
Old Feb 6th 2008, 5:05 pm
Forum Regular

Cheers, all clear now & I like the fact that people such as yourselves are willing to share personal experiences of the visa process. It gives us people who are in the early stages of applications insights which are better than going it alone. Ive learnt loads in the few weeks Ive been on BE - if only I found out about BE earlier.
Old Feb 6th 2008, 7:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Cheers, all clear now & I like the fact that people such as yourselves are willing to share personal experiences of the visa process. It gives us people who are in the early stages of applications insights which are better than going it alone. Ive learnt loads in the few weeks Ive been on BE - if only I found out about BE earlier.
No problems, glad to be able to help.
Have you looked in the meet up forum for a meet up near to where you are? It's a great way to pick up loads of tips ( and check if your'e agent is on the ball) If there isn't one arranged put up a post to see if anyone close to you wants one, you might be suprised to how many express an interest.

Johnnyyt
Old Feb 7th 2008, 9:04 pm
Just Joined

maiseymei is an unknown quantity at this point

cheers
tyna
Hi yes oh me and 3 kids hoping to obtain the 475 visa for SA have a positive tra and in process of filling in sponcership sa application just wondering does any one have an idea of the time frame for the whole process of visa? very worried about everthing at the moment do you have to pay for education in SA on this visa I am so confussed
Old Feb 7th 2008, 9:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by maiseymei
Hi yes oh me and 3 kids hoping to obtain the 475 visa for SA have a positive tra and in process of filling in sponcership sa application just wondering does any one have an idea of the time frame for the whole process of visa? very worried about everthing at the moment do you have to pay for education in SA on this visa I am so confussed
hi Maisey,

1. SA sponsorship = 3-4 weeks. 475 visa = 3-5 months (roughly)
2. On 475 education is free - apart from standard voluntary contribution - aprox $300 pa per child.

Hope this helps! We are off to SA too.
Old Feb 8th 2008, 9:58 pm
Forum Regular

jane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant future

cheers
tyna
Ah at last someone else on this visa! We are complicating matters with family sponsorship. Is there anyone else doing this as well? What sort of time frames - does anyone know? It feels like we are the bottom of a very deep in-tray. Receipt in December, already skills assessed. Also a paper application as my sponsor can't do on-line. Can't believe how inpatient I've become!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.