Skilled Migration Visa

Old Nov 21st 2010, 2:00 pm
Just Joined

cmckeown is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Skilled Migration Visa

Hi all, I don't want to waste anyone's time here, but I am going to apply for Skilled Migration as a Software Engineer. The Australian Computer Society have assessed my skills are say I am good to go! So the next step is applying for the visa itself.

I have read the DIAC's site a few times to fully understand what I need to apply. My question is this - should I get my police checks, medical exams done before I begin my application?

Is it better to apply online? My case is so simple, my wife and I are both 27, Irish Passport holders and I qualify on the current points test, so we bother with an migrant agent?

Sorry for any time wasting, just want to get everything I need sorted, before making the application!

Thanks!

Last edited by cmckeown; Nov 21st 2010 at 2:05 pm.
Old Nov 21st 2010, 2:08 pm
Shafaqat Ali

shafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Skilled Migration Visa

Originally Posted by cmckeown
Hi all, I don't want to waste anyone's time here, but I am going to apply for Skilled Migration as a Software Engineer. The Australian Computer Society have assessed my skills are say I am good to go! So the next step is applying for the visa itself.

I have read the DIAC's site a few times to fully understand what I need to apply. My question is this - should I get my police checks, medical exams done before I begin my application?

Is it better to apply online? My case is so simple, my wife and I are both 27, Irish Passport holders and I qualify on the current points test, so we bother with an migrant agent?

Sorry for any time wasting, just want to get everything I need sorted, before making the application!

Thanks!
Welcome to the Forum.
Police checks and medicals can be done on your case officer request.
I applied online and would recommed you the same.
Old Nov 21st 2010, 4:09 pm
Forum Regular

lloydk is just really nicelloydk is just really nicelloydk is just really nicelloydk is just really nicelloydk is just really nicelloydk is just really nicelloydk is just really nicelloydk is just really nicelloydk is just really nicelloydk is just really nice

Thanks!
If your case is straight forward and contains no complications, you can easily complete the same without an agent.

I think its much better to apply online.
Old Nov 21st 2010, 4:29 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks!
Medicals and police checks are only valid for 12 months, and (except in exceptional circumstances) must be valid when you enter Australia. So doing them before your CO requests them is a bit of a gamble as they may well expire and have to be done again.
Old Nov 21st 2010, 5:57 pm
Forum Regular

Saracen is an unknown quantity at this point

Best is to apply online now and once you get a case officer you can upload medicals and PCC.
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 8:24 am
Just Joined

cmckeown is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the quick reply everyone - no doubt I'll have other questions by the time this has all finished!! But your help is very much appreciated!!

Thanks again!