Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

SKilled Migration uestion: Current Timing and ACS Documentation

SKilled Migration uestion: Current Timing and ACS Documentation

Old Sep 24th 2004, 2:29 am
Just Joined

mwhannon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default SKilled Migration uestion: Current Timing and ACS Documentation

Hi there

I have 2 (and a half) questions:
a) Does anyone have a feel for how long Skilled Independant assessments are taking at the moment? I just submitted this week. I have read that the average is 50 weeks, but other feedback ranges from 2 to 18 months.

b) I got a positive skills assessment (via RPL) from the ACS. When submitting the forms to DIMIA the guidelines say to include documents submitted to the ACS. Does this mean I should have sent a copy of my actual RPL application plus Project reports, or only the supporting documentation (ie employer references, transcripts, training certs). I just sent the supporting docs. If I need to submit all, should I wait until I get a reference number back from DIMIA?

Cheers
Michael
Old Sep 24th 2004, 7:13 am
Wannabee Queenslander

badri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant future
Default Re: SKilled Migration uestion: Current Timing and ACS Documentation

Originally Posted by mwhannon
Hi there

a) Does anyone have a feel for how long Skilled Independant assessments are taking at the moment? I just submitted this week. I have read that the average is 50 weeks, but other feedback ranges from 2 to 18 months.

b) I got a positive skills assessment (via RPL) from the ACS. When submitting the forms to DIMIA the guidelines say to include documents submitted to the ACS. Does this mean I should have sent a copy of my actual RPL application plus Project reports, or only the supporting documentation (ie employer references, transcripts, training certs). I just sent the supporting docs. If I need to submit all, should I wait until I get a reference number back from DIMIA?

Cheers
Michael
The New applications are taking around 2 - 3 months not 50 weeks. If you submit all the information(meds and PCC) upfront you have added advantage
Badri
Old Sep 24th 2004, 9:44 am
Forum Regular

gizmo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there

Cheers
Michael
Michael,

Hope youi don't mind me jumping on your post, just saw you had a positive ACS assessment and wondered if you wouldn't mind answeing a couple of questions below:-

I'm trying to finish off my ACS Skills Assessment for Information Technology Manager and have a couple of questions.

1) On the ACS form itself in the postions held section, did you put all the jobs you've ever had in there, as all of my jobs have been directly related to the role above.

2)HOw much detail did you put in the roles ans responsibilities section?

3) Assuming a Resume is the same as a CV, my CV is sort of short and sharp, but did you puts lots of details in there?

cHEERS
gIZ
Old Sep 26th 2004, 10:32 pm
Just Joined

QUOTE=gizmo]Michael,

Hope youi don't mind me jumping on your post, just saw you had a positive ACS assessment and wondered if you wouldn't mind answeing a couple of questions below:-

I'm trying to finish off my ACS Skills Assessment for Information Technology Manager and have a couple of questions.

1) On the ACS form itself in the postions held section, did you put all the jobs you've ever had in there, as all of my jobs have been directly related to the role above.

3) Assuming a Resume is the same as a CV, my CV is sort of short and sharp, but did you puts lots of details in there?

cHEERS
gIZ[/QUOTE]

Hi Giz

1) Yes I put in all jobs I have had since I left university. The ACS tends to assess jobs in their own way anyway - for example I had put down my ASCO classification as Computing Professionals NEC but they assessed my employment as being Systems Analyst and Systems Manager. So just be aware of that.

2) I didn't put too much detail into the ACS form in that section - basically an overview, of a few paragraphs per job, highlighting what my experience covered. However I put alot of detail into my resume.

3) I put in a fair bit of detail (well, 4 pages total). And I numbered each section so that I could refer each of the areas of knowledge to the specific work experience I had done. Then, I could put the emphasis in the CBOK section on what I had learned from that experience. There is a bit of repetition involved but I didn't want to take any chances!

Hope this helps . . good luck!
Michael
Old Sep 27th 2004, 10:25 am
Forum Regular

gizmo is an unknown quantity at this point

QUOTE=gizmo]Michael,

cHEERS
gIZ

Hi Giz

1) Yes I put in all jobs I have had since I left university. The ACS tends to assess jobs in their own way anyway - for example I had put down my ASCO classification as Computing Professionals NEC but they assessed my employment as being Systems Analyst and Systems Manager. So just be aware of that.

2) I didn't put too much detail into the ACS form in that section - basically an overview, of a few paragraphs per job, highlighting what my experience covered. However I put alot of detail into my resume.

3) I put in a fair bit of detail (well, 4 pages total). And I numbered each section so that I could refer each of the areas of knowledge to the specific work experience I had done. Then, I could put the emphasis in the CBOK section on what I had learned from that experience. There is a bit of repetition involved but I didn't want to take any chances!

Thanks Michael, that's really helped - one last question though!!

Did you include references for all your positions since uni?

Cheers
Giz

Michael[/QUOTE]
Old Sep 27th 2004, 11:58 am
Forum Regular

shillo is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: SKilled Migration uestion: Current Timing and ACS Documentation

Hi there

Cheers
Michael
I sent all my supporting docs plus a copy of the assessment result letter.

...mine was from the TRA but i suppose the docs concerned would be all the same?.....

Hope this was the correct thing to do as i didn't think to copy the actual TRA application form so i didnt have a copy to send them but i had copies of all the suporting docs as you have.

Shillo.
Old Sep 27th 2004, 10:14 pm
Just Joined

Hi Giz,

Yes, I did include references- I only had two "main" jobs since uni, which I got references for, there was another one which was a short contract which I didn't put a reference in for - they excluded this. I think the rule is no reference = not accepted as part of the assessment.

Cheers
Michael

Originally Posted by gizmo
Hi Giz

Thanks Michael, that's really helped - one last question though!!

Did you include references for all your positions since uni?

Cheers
Giz

Michael
[/QUOTE]
Old Sep 27th 2004, 11:20 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: SKilled Migration Question: Current Timing and ACS Documentation

Thanks Shillo,

Seems like we did exactly the same thing - I suppose we will wait and see. IMMI didn't request any further documentation from you? Or have they started assessing your application yet?

Cheers
Michael

Originally Posted by shillo
I sent all my supporting docs plus a copy of the assessment result letter.

...mine was from the TRA but i suppose the docs concerned would be all the same?.....

Hope this was the correct thing to do as i didn't think to copy the actual TRA application form so i didnt have a copy to send them but i had copies of all the suporting docs as you have.

Shillo.