Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Skilled independent 175 Visa – query on work ex. requirements

Skilled independent 175 Visa – query on work ex. requirements

Old Jun 8th 2012, 5:43 pm
Just Joined

Raj_529 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Skilled independent 175 Visa – query on work ex. requirements

Hi All,
I am new to this forum. I have a query reagrding the work ex. requirement for skilled independent visa.

In order to have a total of 65 points required for 175 skilled independent visa I need 10 points for my work ex. (which means 5 years of overseas work ex.). I have got positive skilled assessment from ACS. They have validated around 4 Years and 9 Months of my experience as relevent to my area of work (Business Analysis). I had applied in February so they have considered my work ex. till feb only. Since I now wish to file my application in June so I want to claim 10 points for 5 years of work ex. (4 yrs. 9 mnths already valdiated + 3 months since Feb).

Will DIAC give me 10 points for my work ex. considering last 3 months as continuation in the same work area? will I face any problems because of this?

looking forward to some views on this.

Thanks,
Raj
Old Jun 9th 2012, 10:52 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Skilled independent 175 Visa – query on work ex. requirements

Originally Posted by Raj_529
Hi All,
I am new to this forum. I have a query reagrding the work ex. requirement for skilled independent visa.

In order to have a total of 65 points required for 175 skilled independent visa I need 10 points for my work ex. (which means 5 years of overseas work ex.). I have got positive skilled assessment from ACS. They have validated around 4 Years and 9 Months of my experience as relevent to my area of work (Business Analysis). I had applied in February so they have considered my work ex. till feb only. Since I now wish to file my application in June so I want to claim 10 points for 5 years of work ex. (4 yrs. 9 mnths already valdiated + 3 months since Feb).

Will DIAC give me 10 points for my work ex. considering last 3 months as continuation in the same work area? will I face any problems because of this?

looking forward to some views on this.

Thanks,
Raj
No, you need to prove five years otherwise they would ask for aroundabout five years. Why did you not wait until you had five years before applying to ACS. DIAC go by what ACS confirm.
Old Jun 9th 2012, 3:25 pm
Just Joined

Raj_529 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Skilled independent 175 Visa – query on work ex. requirements

Thanks a lot for your response, moneypenny20.

Actually I have a total of 6 years of exp. in two employments. They have only assessed the recent employment where I had spent 4 yrs. 9 months at the time of employment. moreover I would have missed the June deadline if I had waited for another 3 months in the current role. so if I state that my employment with this employer is still continuing and provide proofs for the same will they not consider that?

Thanks again for you help..

Regards,
Raj

Last edited by Raj_529; Jun 9th 2012 at 4:29 pm.