Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Skilled– Sponsored (subclass 176 or 886) visa

Skilled– Sponsored (subclass 176 or 886) visa

Old Jul 31st 2008, 3:10 pm
Forum Regular

glennmatchett is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Skilled– Sponsored (subclass 176 or 886) visa

Is any one applying for the permanent residency Skilled– Sponsored (subclass 176 or 886) visa.

I am interesed to know if any one has any info mation on this visa as in are you required to stay in the state.

any info on this would be much appreachiated
Old Jul 31st 2008, 4:19 pm
Forum Regular

Eammon is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Skilled– Sponsored (subclass 176 or 886) visa

Hi

We're hoping to be applying for a 176 visa soon (Eammon has just taken his Vetassess practical and all being well we get a positive result, we'll be sending off our state sponsorship form).

As far as I'm aware, you have to live and work in your chosen state for your first two years in Australia.

Good luck

Denise
Old Aug 1st 2008, 12:23 am
Forum Regular

twinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nice

Originally Posted by glennmatchett
Is any one applying for the permanent residency Skilled– Sponsored (subclass 176 or 886) visa.

I am interesed to know if any one has any info mation on this visa as in are you required to stay in the state.

any info on this would be much appreachiated
Hi we have applied for a 176 in May, we are being sponsored by WA. You must stay in the state for a period of 2 years. Also when filing out the state sponsorship forms, you must research the state for cost of living. Also they want to know how much money you will be bringning in with you. They just want to make sure that you can support yourself, as a PR for the first two years is not entitled to any unemployment benefits.

Cheers

Karen
Old Aug 1st 2008, 8:09 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Denise and Karen for your reply, I think I might have to got hat route as I am five points shy of the 120 is this the reason you guys when down this route?
Old Aug 1st 2008, 8:53 am
Forum Regular

Hi again

Yes we are also 5 points short, so have the option of either taking the IELTS to gain enough points for a 175 or to go down the 176 route which we have decided to do.

It's just made us make our minds up, where we want to move to, quicker really.

We have had to take in to account job opportunities, house prices, schooling, etc, but we looked at various recruitment and estate agent websites, and then went onto each of the state websites to give us more of a feel. Also checked out this forum to get an idea of people's opinions and there's also a useful website which we checked out called aussiemove.com which gives you lots of useful info.

Good luck with it all - keep us informed how you get on.

Denise
Old Aug 1st 2008, 9:24 am
Forum Regular

I am five poits short after taking the english test Denise LOL, we always spoke about moving but well about three years ago and then all of a sudden I lost five points because of points with age, I am gutted, we really are not sure where we want to be that is the biggest problem now, work wise Prob Sydney, life style more Melbourne so we are kind of stuck.

we are going to ahve to amke our minds up either way our thing is schools and housing as we have two young kids so we want the think about their needs more than ours right now
Old Aug 1st 2008, 11:07 am
Forum Regular

twinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nice

Originally Posted by glennmatchett
Thanks Denise and Karen for your reply, I think I might have to got hat route as I am five points shy of the 120 is this the reason you guys when down this route?
Hi were 5 points short as well, as OH turned 40 in February and we lost points. So it was either sit the IELTS or do the State Sponsorship route. As it turned out we wanted to move to WA, and OH's occupation was on their priority list. It was a very simple process, took us less than 5 days to hear back about our approval. As it stands now, we also have a job offer for OH in Perth, so things have worked out very well.

I would suggest going on the diffrerent state websites and checking out their lists for the skilled state sponsorship. Each state has their own section and also the links to the forms needed to fill in for the sponsorship.

We are not using an agent and have done everything ourselves. It was quite easy to do. Like I said before, just research the cost of living, you can do this quite easily by going on to www.realestate.com.au and looking up the rental prices of houses and then estimate your cost of living.

Good luck in your application.

Cheers

Karen
Old Aug 1st 2008, 11:31 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Karen, so did you have to get the state sponsorship first, you said you had that approved after five days, after that do you then submitt your visa documents?

we are not using an agent either so am just relying on the experince of others to help us muddle our way through this whole process lol so thanks for your input
Old Aug 1st 2008, 12:02 pm
Forum Regular

Hi again

Yes you have to apply for state sponsorship first before submitting your visa application.

As far as I'm aware (I'm sure Karen-Twinsmom will correct me if I'm wrong) you will also need to have your skills assessed first by the relevant assessing authority before you can apply for state sponsorship. What skill are you applying under?

We've had to apply to Vetassess to have Eammon's skills assessed (He's a carpenter), once we get a positive from this, we'll then apply for state sponsorship (our positive skills assessment has to be included in the application) and then provided WA want us! we'll apply for our visa.

Hope this helps

Denise
Old Aug 1st 2008, 1:21 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks very much Denise - so many differint route to take, yet with the missing five points it kind of changes things a bit

I just sent off my skills stuff yesterday to the ACS I am going under the 2231-13 IT design route so fingers crossed everything will be okay with that. I guess have eight weeks to forget about things untill I ahve been assessed.

good luck with things your end and thanks for pointing me in the right direction with my questions
Old Aug 1st 2008, 2:53 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Eammon
Hi again

Yes you have to apply for state sponsorship first before submitting your visa application.

As far as I'm aware (I'm sure Karen-Twinsmom will correct me if I'm wrong) you will also need to have your skills assessed first by the relevant assessing authority before you can apply for state sponsorship. What skill are you applying under?

We've had to apply to Vetassess to have Eammon's skills assessed (He's a carpenter), once we get a positive from this, we'll then apply for state sponsorship (our positive skills assessment has to be included in the application) and then provided WA want us! we'll apply for our visa.

Hope this helps

Denise

Hi guys, yes you do need to have your skills assessed first before you can apply for the state sponsorship. You will need to include the positive assessment in your application. Also we were required to send down OH's CV to the WA as part of the application.

If either of you need help with this please PM me. It is not that difficult and like I said before, we got an email with the approval letter about 5 days after we had submitted all the information and then I went straight on to the 176 visa.

Good luck both of you.

Karen
Old Aug 1st 2008, 6:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

melbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to all

We too applied on a 176, we did have enough points for the 175 but the 176 was supposed to be a much quicker route. Not so sure that's right after seeing more movement on the 175's!!! Ho hum, we shall wait, and wait, and wait!!!

Mel
Old Oct 21st 2008, 1:24 pm
Forum Regular

sweetyogesh420 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Skilled– Sponsored (subclass 176 or 886) visa

Hello friends,

I need some information about 886 visa. My wife is a student in melbourne and her real brother lives in melbourne too and he is Permanant resident. I want to know about the obligations of the sponsoring relative that he had to assure the guarantee to financial assistance for the first two years. Does this obligation involves a cash bond or only a written guarantee and if it a cash bond how much amount would be it as we are four members of the family. me, mywife and two kids.

waiting for some information
thanks