Skill Assessment and ASCO and ANZSCO code

Old Nov 23rd 2010, 10:46 pm
Just Joined

bathuzp is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Skill Assessment and ASCO and ANZSCO code

Hi all,

I am trying to apply for Australian Immigration. The government website says that I need to first apply for a skills assessment test. I am an Analyst Programmer and have been on this position for almost 5 years.
How and where should i apply for my skills assessment test? And what things do i need to submit?

I am also confused about the ASCO and ANZSCO codes. I tried searching for my ASCO code but i couldn't find it. But my ANZSCO code is 261311. What is the difference between theses two codes and which code should I use for my application.

I will highly appreciate any feedback or advice.

Thank you in advance,
Bathuzp
Old Nov 23rd 2010, 11:04 pm
Banned

robbyarg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Skill Assessment and ASCO and ANZSCO code

Apply to ACS (Australian Computer Society). Search on google for the link. It will take about 12 working weeks. You can apply online and check your application status. You will still need to send your certified docs to ACS even if applied online, after which they start processing. ACS is very slow and the feedback (even if you call) is very impatient. Do this WELL IN ADVANCE of your expected time for lodging your DIAC application. Requirements are on the site.

The codes are on www.immi.gov.au when you download SOL3. If it is there on SOL3 for your occupation of analyst programmer or w/e is relevant to you, you have a good chance of applying. Be SURE to check if your occupation is on SOL3 before doing the assessment. Australia only need the outlined ANZSCO code applicants.

If not check, other SOLs outline and you may get nominated by the State if they need your occupation. You can see the state migration plan. Already released for places like Victoria.

Originally Posted by bathuzp
Hi all,

I am trying to apply for Australian Immigration. The government website says that I need to first apply for a skills assessment test. I am an Analyst Programmer and have been on this position for almost 5 years.
How and where should i apply for my skills assessment test? And what things do i need to submit?

I am also confused about the ASCO and ANZSCO codes. I tried searching for my ASCO code but i couldn't find it. But my ANZSCO code is 261311. What is the difference between theses two codes and which code should I use for my application.

I will highly appreciate any feedback or advice.

Thank you in advance,
Bathuzp