Single parent?

Old Mar 12th 2010, 1:23 pm
Just Joined

dinshe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Single parent?

Dear All

I have only just registered with this site as I have a question I wanted to put to you. I am a single parent with two boys, 5 yrs and 9 mths. Is there any point in applying to emigrate to Australia? I work part time as a Personal Assistant in a pharmaceutical company but do not have a 'trade', as such, myself and my sons are in good health and I would have about £40k take with me. I have friends in both Melbourne and Sydney and have visited a number of times. I am becoming increasingly worried about my children's future in the UK.

Many thanks
Old Mar 12th 2010, 2:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Single parent?

Originally Posted by dinshe
Dear All

I have only just registered with this site as I have a question I wanted to put to you. I am a single parent with two boys, 5 yrs and 9 mths. Is there any point in applying to emigrate to Australia? I work part time as a Personal Assistant in a pharmaceutical company but do not have a 'trade', as such, myself and my sons are in good health and I would have about £40k take with me. I have friends in both Melbourne and Sydney and have visited a number of times. I am becoming increasingly worried about my children's future in the UK.

Many thanks
I would recommend that you try the visa wizard on www.immi.gov.au to see if there are any visas you might qualify for. One of the questiuons will be are you working in a job on the SOL which is here

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1121i.pdf

Based only on what you have said, my feeling is that you may not be eligible for migration, however we don't know everything about you and thus I suggest you try the wizard.