Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Shoul dwe file before Sept 1st or wait???????

Shoul dwe file before Sept 1st or wait???????

Old May 24th 2007, 3:25 pm
Just Joined

steve_chal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Shoul dwe file before Sept 1st or wait???????

Hi,

My Wife is getting her references, RPL's etc to initiate a ASC skills assessment with a view of applying for a 136 Visa. To get the points we will have to put up £40K as the investment which I understand is being phased out on September 1st, so she is working her A**** off just to get all documentation in place with enough time.

She is fluent in English and should have no problem with the IELTs test getting the full 25 points (Higher than the current 20 in existing points test).

My question is does anyone know the timescales that are normally applied to the firming up of legislation as on the face of it we would be financially easier to wait till after 1st sept. But we don't want to delay making the application only to find out after Sept 1st that there is another loophole and we would fail.

Any advice and input would be gratefully received as I know my wife would welcome the extra sleep not having to go flat out for Sept 1st.

Thanks

Steve
Old May 24th 2007, 3:33 pm
Forum Regular

ozdreamer will become famous soon enoughozdreamer will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Shoul dwe file before Sept 1st or wait???????

Hi Steve

You may have no alternative but to apply after 1st Sept if you haven't done your skills assessment for ACS (RPL) yet as at the moment they are taking nearly 3 months - check out www.austimeline.com.

Cheers
Amanda
Old May 24th 2007, 3:42 pm
Just Joined

steve_chal is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ozdreamer
Hi Steve

You may have no alternative but to apply after 1st Sept if you haven't done your skills assessment for ACS (RPL) yet as at the moment they are taking nearly 3 months - check out www.austimeline.com.

Cheers
Amanda
Amanda,

We should be in a position to file by the end of May which just Might (Big M There) get in to the timescale. But if we will not be elligible after Sept 1 cos of the changes in points she will just have to drink more coffe and stay awake.

Thanks

Steve
Old May 25th 2007, 12:08 pm
Forum Regular

ozdreamer will become famous soon enoughozdreamer will become famous soon enough

Hi again

With regards the timing of the legistation, your best bet would be to have a quick chat with an agent.
There are a few that post on here, George Lombard (highly recommend as we are using him), Alan Collet and Welshtony.

You may just have to buy a new kettle - looks like your wife will be burning yours out

Cheers
Amanda