shall i do it or not

Old Mar 28th 2008, 3:28 pm
Just Joined

raedf is just really niceraedf is just really niceraedf is just really niceraedf is just really niceraedf is just really niceraedf is just really niceraedf is just really niceraedf is just really niceraedf is just really niceraedf is just really niceraedf is just really nice
Smile shall i do it or not

hi everybody and hope everyone fine and doing well in this lovely forum.

before 2-days i got a positive skilled assessment from ACS and now ready to go to next step but still i didnt take the IELTS exam.

my question is can i submit my application and uploading all papers except the IELTS exam and upload the exam result later or they will decline my application immediately.

please advice????

thanks for our time.
Old Mar 29th 2008, 2:44 am
BE Enthusiast

AHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud of
Default Re: shall i do it or not

What visa are you applying for?
Old Mar 29th 2008, 12:09 pm
Just Joined

raedf is just really niceraedf is just really niceraedf is just really niceraedf is just really niceraedf is just really niceraedf is just really niceraedf is just really niceraedf is just really niceraedf is just really niceraedf is just really niceraedf is just really nice

weel, thanks for your reply,
actually i will apply for Skilled – Independent (Migrant) visa (subclass 175)
Old Mar 29th 2008, 2:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Basty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to all

Hi

When you submit your visa online, does it not calculate your points, and then if you haven't got enough points it puts your file to another pot??

Because I am assuming without the Ielts you don't have enough points?? Will it not be a more long winded route?? I don't know what happens if your file goes to the pot for 'applicates without enough points' and then you submit your Ielts results which, hopefully, will take you up to the amount required - and not putting a downside on it - what happens if you don't pass the Ielts - there have been plenty of people on here that have sat it 2/3 times and still not passed. Don[t forget they take your money immediately when submitting on line!

Hopefully someone else may clarify my comments?!
basty
Old Mar 29th 2008, 3:47 pm

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

English requirement is a basic one and must be satisfied as at the lodgment.
NJ
Old Mar 29th 2008, 4:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

AHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud of

As has been pointed out, your IELTS result is required when you lodge the application so you have to take that before you lodge the application. You'll need to put your IELTS reference number into the electronic application, so there's no way around it, I'm afraid.
Old Mar 29th 2008, 7:33 pm
Just Joined

owend is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

After reading this thread I'm a little confused... can you applying for the 175 without an IELTS pass if you are born in the UK?

...Or do you need to sit and pass this regardless of your birth country? Does this then apply for both main and secondary applicant?

Thanks
Old Mar 29th 2008, 8:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

If you hold a British passport then you don't need to do an IELTS test to score 15 points. If you want to score 25 points then you need to an IELTS test even if you have a British passport.

But, if you acquired British citizenship after you had completed your secondary education then you may be asked to do an IELTS test.

If you need an IELTS test to score 15 points, you need to do the test before you lodge the application.
Old Mar 29th 2008, 8:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

As for the secondary applicant, they can do the IELTS test later. They do not need to do it before the application is lodged. If they don't or won't score 4.5 in each component of the test then they can pay a secondary application a charge which will pay for English language lessons upon arrival in Australia.
Old Mar 30th 2008, 11:37 am
Just Joined

owend is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for clearing that up AHamm
Old Mar 30th 2008, 11:58 am

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just read the following:

"PROVIDING EVIDENCE OF COMMENCING HEALTH, CHARACTER AND IELTS REQUIREMENTS

Applicants requested to provide health, character, or IELTS testing results
to support their application do not need to provide copies of receipts
unless specifically asked to do so; however, you do need to advise this
office:
1. The examination dates for medical checks;
2. The police clearances applied for and the date the application was
made;
3. The details of any IELTS test/s booked including test dates and the
name and location of the test centre.

Provided that you do this before the due date in any request letter from
the department you do not need to request an extension of time if you are
waiting to receive police clearances or IELTS results."

This seems to suggest that you don't need to have passed the IELTS before lodging the application - although like Basty said in an earlier post, if you fail you'll have to re-sit until you pass or you won't have enough points.
Old Mar 30th 2008, 12:06 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: shall i do it or not

dear all,

im so happpy to see all these reply and thats the best approved that this is the best forum because we have the best people running it.

thansk all
Old Mar 30th 2008, 3:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mary1967
Just read the following:

"PROVIDING EVIDENCE OF COMMENCING HEALTH, CHARACTER AND IELTS REQUIREMENTS

Applicants requested to provide health, character, or IELTS testing results
to support their application do not need to provide copies of receipts
unless specifically asked to do so; however, you do need to advise this
office:
1. The examination dates for medical checks;
2. The police clearances applied for and the date the application was
made;
3. The details of any IELTS test/s booked including test dates and the
name and location of the test centre.

Provided that you do this before the due date in any request letter from
the department you do not need to request an extension of time if you are
waiting to receive police clearances or IELTS results."

This seems to suggest that you don't need to have passed the IELTS before lodging the application - although like Basty said in an earlier post, if you fail you'll have to re-sit until you pass or you won't have enough points.
Is this for your own application, Mary? If so, are you doing IELTS to score 25 points? If so, then you don't need the IELTS test when you lodge the application. It's only non-native speakers who need IELTS to score the basic 15 points who must take it prior to lodgement.
Old Mar 30th 2008, 6:58 pm

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AHamm
Is this for your own application, Mary? If so, are you doing IELTS to score 25 points? If so, then you don't need the IELTS test when you lodge the application. It's only non-native speakers who need IELTS to score the basic 15 points who must take it prior to lodgement.

Thanks, but we've already passed