several ielts tests results?

Old May 26th 2013, 4:58 pm
Forum Regular

Soja is an unknown quantity at this point
Default several ielts tests results?

Hi Everybody,

i am at the very early start of preparing for applying for a 189 visa. I have just received my ielts result of L8, S9, R7.5, W7.5, overall 8.0
However, I will need 8.0 in each band score to get the additional 20points as I will be short of 60 points otherwise...
Now I want to send of my qualifications to the relevant assessing authority, which also requires the ielts test result, here they only want to see a 7 in writing and reading and an 8 in listening and speaking(which i have).

Thus, my question is: can i go forward with sending my stuff incl ielts results to the assessing authority whilst in the mean time re-sitting the ielts to hopefully get the desired 8.0 in each band score and use this one for my expression of interest? or does the ielts result must be the same one for both assessment of qualifications and points of language ability on skillselect?
What if...worst case...my next ielts would even be worse than this one? Am I supposed to always hand in the most recent one? Or can I present the best one as long as it is still valid? (from what i have read ielts results are valid 12 months for assessment of qualification and 36 months for skillsselect purpose)

many thanks:-)
Old May 26th 2013, 9:56 pm
uzi
Java Dweeb

uzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud of
Default Re: several ielts tests results?

You can provide any active and valid ielts result. Each result has different id. It also doesn't need to be same for accessing authority and diac.
Old May 26th 2013, 10:01 pm
Forum Regular

@Uzi: Many thanks for your reply!

Just one thought crossed my mind: I fulfill the (academic) IELTS requirements for skills assessment...now I want to re-sit to actually get over the 60 points mark for my EOI...can I now sit the General test? Or does it need to be academic again as my assessment authority wanted the academic version?

If I could sit the General one...that would be awesome!

(sometimes it sucks to not be a native speaker of English!)
Old May 26th 2013, 10:36 pm
uzi
Java Dweeb

uzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud of

DIAC has no issues whether you provide Academic or General IELTS results. So, good luck
Old May 26th 2013, 10:47 pm
Forum Regular

wow! sounds too good to be true!!!
Old May 26th 2013, 11:22 pm
uzi
Java Dweeb

Originally Posted by Soja
wow! sounds too good to be true!!!
http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/1119.pdf (Page 20)

If you wish to use same IELTS result both for your skill accessing authority and DIAC, and your skill accessing authority requires Academic version, then you must submit Academic. Otherwise, DIAC is perfectly happy with General version (i.e. if you wish to use separate IELTS result for DIAC). Many people attempt Academic version due to less availability of General test date, and DIAC accepts that as well.

Hope this helps.
Old May 30th 2013, 11:10 am
Forum Regular

thank you again Uzi!
I feel happy I can book the General one...:-)