" Settled " Sponsor Requirement for CPV

Old Mar 25th 2008, 4:10 am
Back to WA! Yay!

mark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud of
Default " Settled " Sponsor Requirement for CPV

Hi All / Alan / George

I submitted my parents CPV application last week - and then came across this page from Alan's site....
http://www.gomatilda.com/news/article.cfm?articleid=441

I submitted my Parents application with 13 months and 2 weeks total time behind me as the sponsor. I thought the consideration date of the "settled" period was from the time the application was being reviewed (ie in 10 months when a case officer gets it) and not from application date. If it was i'd be fine. Now I have my doubts if i've done enough.

I did include copies of title deeds, bank statements, mortgage, tax details, house bills, credit card statements and salary slips with the application to show that I am 'settled'. Also my only sister lives in Melbourne on PR as well (but not as much time as PR as me)....

I can go and get job references and futher tax/bills/council rates statements, sale of my UK house etc etc.... but didnt realize at the time so much was possibly needed on application.

Has anyone else done a CPV early? Is this enough evidence for a sponsor?
Do I get another opportunity to submit more evidence to show settled status?

Any help appreciated.
Old Mar 25th 2008, 8:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

DaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to all
Default Re: " Settled " Sponsor Requirement for CPV

This is an interesting question, so I thought I would 'bump' it for you. My daughter has been in Australia since Feb last year, so a similar situation -she has bought an apartment, car and has a permanent job, so I would think she would already be considered settled. With the time till getting a CO increasing, it is conceivable that by the time your turn comes around the sponsor could well already be settled for 2 years. I would have thought that as long as you were settled for 2 years by the time the CO looks at the application then this would be in order. Or is this not the case? If you wait 2 years before applying, then the sponsor will probably have been already settled for 3 years plus.

Originally Posted by mark213
Hi All / Alan / George

I submitted my parents CPV application last week - and then came across this page from Alan's site....
http://www.gomatilda.com/news/article.cfm?articleid=441

I submitted my Parents application with 13 months and 2 weeks total time behind me as the sponsor. I thought the consideration date of the "settled" period was from the time the application was being reviewed (ie in 10 months when a case officer gets it) and not from application date. If it was i'd be fine. Now I have my doubts if i've done enough.

I did include copies of title deeds, bank statements, mortgage, tax details, house bills, credit card statements and salary slips with the application to show that I am 'settled'. Also my only sister lives in Melbourne on PR as well (but not as much time as PR as me)....

I can go and get job references and futher tax/bills/council rates statements, sale of my UK house etc etc.... but didnt realize at the time so much was possibly needed on application.

Has anyone else done a CPV early? Is this enough evidence for a sponsor?
Do I get another opportunity to submit more evidence to show settled status?

Any help appreciated.
Old Mar 25th 2008, 8:58 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Whether or not you can act as sponsor before you have been there 2 years ........you will still need at least 2 years tax returns to give an assurance of support.

G
Old Mar 25th 2008, 11:50 pm
Back to WA! Yay!

mark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Grayling
Whether or not you can act as sponsor before you have been there 2 years ........you will still need at least 2 years tax returns to give an assurance of support.

G
By they time they get round to asking for all that 2 years will be up and I will have two returns to submit for AOS.... My point is that do they take in to account the "wait" from submission to review to work out the "settled" status?
Old Mar 26th 2008, 12:11 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mark213
By they time they get round to asking for all that 2 years will be up and I will have two returns to submit for AOS.... My point is that do they take in to account the "wait" from submission to review to work out the "settled" status?
It is a time of application requirement for the sponsor to be "settled" => you need some urgent professional assistance.