Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Setting out engineer from UK want to move to Australia !

Setting out engineer from UK want to move to Australia !

Old Feb 7th 2019, 9:12 pm
Just Joined

tomwebber is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Setting out engineer from UK want to move to Australia !

I am looking for advice on a way to gain the relevant qualifications via assessments, which would allow me the chance to emigrate to Australia.

I have been working as a setting out engineer with a heavy civils background for 23 years. I started as an apprentice with a small engineering company but due to the company folding never officially finished it. I was then a chain person for four years with an extremely experienced civil engineer, on some prestigious projects. His meticulous training and insistence on checking provided me with a great basis to build a successful career (ironically he is now enjoying the sun in Oz).

In the last 5 years my role has naturally progressed into a more senior position. As mentioned I am job trained with no academic qualifications for this role, I have however recently gained an NVQ level 6 diploma in Construction Site Management. I am a very experienced, confident and competent engineer with plenty of references, any assistance/advice would be very much appreciated.