Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Was sent this link for an Expo in London - Is it worth going?

Was sent this link for an Expo in London - Is it worth going?

Old Jan 30th 2008, 4:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

seat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to all
Default Was sent this link for an Expo in London - Is it worth going?

http://www.immi.gov.au/skillexpos/overseas.htm

Bear in mind that the TRA has been passed and VISA application has just been sent off..
Old Jan 30th 2008, 5:26 pm
Crazy Finn

Kaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really nice
Default Re: Was sent this link for an Expo in London - Is it worth going?

Originally Posted by seat151
http://www.immi.gov.au/skillexpos/overseas.htm

Bear in mind that the TRA has been passed and VISA application has just been sent off..

We were there last year and it is especially for those who already have visa lodged, atleast if you are looking for a job in Oz To us it was also intresting since we got good contacts, city info and heard the wonderful Ozzie accent

I thought it was worth a visit and even more if you are on the MODL list. There are employers that are recruiting people so have your resume with you on a memorystick or paper version. My hubby is on MODL list and they were REALLY intrested when they heard his occupation. Everyone asked if you have already lodged your visa application though and told us to be in touch when we have.

Kaitlin
Old Feb 18th 2008, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

chasmw is a jewel in the roughchasmw is a jewel in the roughchasmw is a jewel in the roughchasmw is a jewel in the roughchasmw is a jewel in the rough

Hi,
I live in Leeds and typically, the EXP08 there is scheduled for when I'm in Oz for a holiday. I would really like to have gone. I'm early in the Visa application stage , but would like to speak to potential employers about sponsorship, etc. - would the London event in March provide this kind of opportunity?
Old Feb 18th 2008, 10:48 am
Forum Regular

Katya_Mark has a spectacular aura aboutKatya_Mark has a spectacular aura aboutKatya_Mark has a spectacular aura about

I attended the expo in London last November (before I started the skills assessment) and I got a couple of leads (IBM and Fujitsu). I have since had 2 interviews with Fujitsu for a 457 and I am expecting to hear back from them this week.

It was well worth the visit to the expo.

Mark
Old Feb 18th 2008, 11:00 am
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute

my OH 'applied' for this a few weeks ago but hasn't heard anything back yet. How late do they leave it before letting you know if you've been invited? He's on the MODL list so we kinda assumed he'd be invited to go

Therese
Old Feb 20th 2008, 1:12 pm
Forum Regular

Lara_jane is an unknown quantity at this point

I applied for this a few weeks ago as well. I haven't heard anythiny yet. I am heading back to Oz for a few weeks, but I'm waiting to hear if I can go to this before I go back. Wish they would let me know.
Old Feb 20th 2008, 4:18 pm
where is my gold ticket!!

michell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Lara_jane
I applied for this a few weeks ago as well. I haven't heard anythiny yet. I am heading back to Oz for a few weeks, but I'm waiting to hear if I can go to this before I go back. Wish they would let me know.
did you apply or did you pre register, i pre registered and it said on there that you will get your tickets if you applied on line at the door you dont get them sent to you . or you can pay on the door which is a bit more at £15 where as if you have purchased them online they are £12.50
dont know if this of any help to you
kind regards
michell

this is where i pre registered
http://www.expo-australia.com/

Last edited by michell; Feb 20th 2008 at 4:21 pm.
Old Feb 20th 2008, 4:20 pm
Just Joined

butterflyprincess is just really nicebutterflyprincess is just really nicebutterflyprincess is just really nicebutterflyprincess is just really nicebutterflyprincess is just really nicebutterflyprincess is just really nicebutterflyprincess is just really nicebutterflyprincess is just really nice

hi, just interested to know if the expo is good for info even if you are not in the visa process yet. we would love to go to oz but hubby not on skilled list but is in supply/distribution for 20yrs, was told by someone that there could always be a sponsor for him and go on a 457 visa. any clues as to whether its worth just popping along for info advice etc xxxxDonna
Old Feb 20th 2008, 5:36 pm
Forum Regular

Lara_jane is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks. Applied on line I think. Will have to check. More money to pay out! They didn't mention that. This immigration is a really good chance for them to squeeze every bit of money out of us!
Just had a look, this is a different expo. I was thinking of the one on the immigration website that you have to get an invite to & is 12th March.

Last edited by Lara_jane; Feb 20th 2008 at 5:39 pm.
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 12:17 pm
Just Joined

coops1959 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
We applied for the Oz gov one to be held on Mar 16th about a month ago, and haven't heard anything.

Has anyone?

What about the other expo mentioned, expo-australia on April 12-13th.
Does anyone know about that one?

Cheers
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 12:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

seat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to all

I have pre registared with the one in april. Heard nothing else since
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 2:09 pm
Forum Regular

nickynush will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by seat151
I have pre registared with the one in april. Heard nothing else since
The one in March is a government one and is by invite only. The April one is for anyone - you only pre register to get info on the event but have to buy tickets usng the BUY link. Has anyone who registered for the government one in March heard anything yet?

Nicky
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 7:51 am
Forum Regular

rushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to all

Originally Posted by nickynush
The one in March is a government one and is by invite only. The April one is for anyone - you only pre register to get info on the event but have to buy tickets usng the BUY link. Has anyone who registered for the government one in March heard anything yet?

Nicky
I registered for the government expo. but haven't heard anything yet.
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 2:19 pm
Come on down...........

a and ts mum will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by nickynush

Nicky

Hi Nicky

As with everything else right now..........We are still waiting, waiting, waiting.............. not expecting an invite but thought we would give it a go

Lisa
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 6:13 pm
Just Joined

nudefrogtrev is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys, I am in pretty much the same boat. I filled out the online registration form about 3 weeks ago. I guess it is a case of fingers crossed hey!

Good luck with it all

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.