Sending IELTS transcript to ASPC

Old May 5th 2003, 7:38 pm
Forum Regular

saturn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sending IELTS transcript to ASPC

Will it be wiser to ask British Council to forward my IELTS results to ASPC before they ask for it?

I have already been assigned a File reference no. by ASPC which ofcourse will be mentioned e.g., in a cover letter.
Old May 5th 2003, 10:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hans de Visser is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sending IELTS transcript to ASPC

If you already have a file ref. no. you probably already have an acknowledgement letter/email as well, which says (at least, mine did):
"You should be aware that if you have included any IELTS test results with your application, you will be required to arrange for the test centre to forward an official copy of these results direct to this office."
so just ask BC to send the results straight to ASPC...
Old May 5th 2003, 11:41 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sending IELTS transcript to ASPC

Originally posted by Hans de Visser
If you already have a file ref. no. you probably already have an acknowledgement letter/email as well, which says (at least, mine did):
"You should be aware that if you have included any IELTS test results with your application, you will be required to arrange for the test centre to forward an official copy of these results direct to this office."
That's a standard acknowledgement template used by ASPC. Even mine had it, although I had not submitted any IELTS results and never needed to do so.

It's a long letter, yes, but it'd be wise for the recipient (the original poster) to read the acknowledgement carefully.

Peter
Old May 6th 2003, 7:46 am
Forum Regular

jude is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes I did receive a letter to that effect. However along with that letter, I had a another letter, requesting that I send certified copies of my transcripts. I did not have any problems submitting this as in US this is a standard procedure, however submitting one from India was a bit difficult.
Peter by the way, do we receive a seperate letter requesting IELTS scores or do we assume that we have to submit one, beacuse of the standard ASPC letter?
J
Old May 6th 2003, 9:39 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by jude
Peter by the way, do we receive a seperate letter requesting IELTS scores or do we assume that we have to submit one, beacuse of the standard ASPC letter?
My standard acknowledgement letter said that "...if you have submitted your IELTS... you will be required to arrange with the test centre... " and so on.

In my case, I did not submit any IELTS scores, and did not need to do so, so that sentence in the acknowledgement was not applicable to me.

I also received no instruction to appear for an IELTS test.

Peter