Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Send now or wait till we get the PCCs back?

Send now or wait till we get the PCCs back?

Old Dec 29th 2005, 1:05 am
Mozzie magnet

chels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond repute
Default Send now or wait till we get the PCCs back?

We got a surprise just before Christmas when our request letter came through. We sent off our 139 visa application in September, so hadn't expected a response that quickly!

We made a few mistakes on our application:

1. Our sponsor only provided evidence of their residence in a designated area of Australia for the period after February 2005, rather than at least the past 12 months.
2. We provided photocopies of utility bills etc rather than the originals and we didn't get them certified (we didn't think we had to as they weren't 'official' type documents. So we either have to send them the originals or get some certified copies.
3. We tried to get away with sending a certified copy of the skills assessment, but they want the original.

Apart from these minor (ha!) points, everything seems to be going okay and they have requested our medicals and police checks and for our sponsor to contact Centrelink. My question is:

Do I send the information which they want us to resend on to them now, or wait till we have the police checks back and the medicals done? They have sent us a coversheet with tickboxes for all the items and which they request is attached to the correspondence, but would they prefer to start processing things now (and would this speed up the process)?

The letter says: Please also firmly attach all documents to this returnable coversheet.

Thanks in advance
Old Dec 29th 2005, 8:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Send now or wait till we get the PCCs back?

Originally Posted by chels
We got a surprise just before Christmas when our request letter came through. We sent off our 139 visa application in September, so hadn't expected a response that quickly!

We made a few mistakes on our application:

1. Our sponsor only provided evidence of their residence in a designated area of Australia for the period after February 2005, rather than at least the past 12 months.
2. We provided photocopies of utility bills etc rather than the originals and we didn't get them certified (we didn't think we had to as they weren't 'official' type documents. So we either have to send them the originals or get some certified copies.
3. We tried to get away with sending a certified copy of the skills assessment, but they want the original.

Apart from these minor (ha!) points, everything seems to be going okay and they have requested our medicals and police checks and for our sponsor to contact Centrelink. My question is:

Do I send the information which they want us to resend on to them now, or wait till we have the police checks back and the medicals done? They have sent us a coversheet with tickboxes for all the items and which they request is attached to the correspondence, but would they prefer to start processing things now (and would this speed up the process)?

The letter says: Please also firmly attach all documents to this returnable coversheet.

Thanks in advance

I personally would send them now. I don't know how much difference it will make though.

Really depends if you want to pay for seperate postage or not.