Seeking Advice

Old Sep 14th 2009, 8:27 pm
DH6
Just Joined

DH6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Seeking Advice

Hi

Myself and my Partner have recently decided that we would like to move to Australia where my Parents have now become Australian Citizens after emigrating there themselves a few years ago. They currently live in the Central Coast of Australia where a regional sponsored Visa is not possible and the whole rationale for moving to Australia is to start a family and be close to my own family and live a better life which i believe is not possible in the UK.

The Problem is, where to start? All my immediate family are now Australian Citizens (excluding a brother i have no contact with) so in light of that, a remaining relative Visa is ruled out.

I am 25 and my partner is 24 - she has qualifications in childcare but i cannot see that on the SOL - i work for a Large Retail organisation as a Manager of 3 Large shops - there are plenty of 'Manager' positions on the SOL - some very specific whereas my job involves a broad aspect of work including 12 Managers reporting into me. I have been doing this job since i was 20, having worked my way through since i started at 16.

I have seen plenty of advice given to others that state it would be wise to speak with a migration expert via phone, im hoping that perhaps prior to me doing that, i could maybe get some advice on what people think?

Thanks for taking the time to read
Old Sep 14th 2009, 8:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Seeking Advice

There is nothing permanent that springs to my mind that you might qualify for I am afraid, obviously you would qualify for the WHV. Have you tried the visa wizard on www.immi.gov.au, if you go through and answer the questions, that might point you towards something you would be eligible for.
Old Sep 14th 2009, 10:24 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Seeking Advice

Off topic, but a title of "Seeking Advice" is not very helpful. If you are a little more specific in your title you are likely to get much more information.