Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Second working holiday name change question!!

Second working holiday name change question!!

Old Jan 26th 2013, 3:14 pm
Just Joined

CookeyUK is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Second working holiday name change question!!

Hi there,
New to the forum and wondering if anyone has an answer for a unusual (?) question?

I am eligible for a second working holiday visa and my partner is eligible for a first. I am hoping to apply with all my supporting documents and be granted a visa before we book our flights, however, we are due to be married in August and I would be applying with my old passport and in my maiden name.

I know on the site it says that if you change your passport you can contact them and they will transfer the visa across to the new number, and have had an email from them to confirm this when I asked. The problem is that their is no mention of the name change. I am concerned that if I apply in my maiden name I will not be admitted as the visa will be in that name when we leave, despite the change of passport.

I cannot get an answer from the Australian visa peeps, as they are no longer replying to individual query's unless you have submitted a visa app.

Has anyone been through the same thing or know someone who has?!

Many thanks,
Cookey
Old Jan 26th 2013, 7:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Second working holiday name change question!!

I am sure you are not the first person to get married after having a visa granted. Just tell them and they will swap it over.

If you are still worried about it though, then are you planning on travelling the minute you get married? Can you wait until after you have got the new passport before applying for visa? Or just continue to use your maiden name for the trip?