Seasonal Work and working holiday visa

Old May 22nd 2008, 5:20 am
Just Joined

James_jiver is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Seasonal Work and working holiday visa

Hi,

I am currently in the process of applying for the first year of my working holiday visa.

I understand that in order to get the second year you can do seasonal work for six months.

I would like to avoid this if I can but would love to stay for the second year, and was wondering if there was any way around it......??

Any ideas or help is much appreciated.

Please feel free to PM me if you have any ideas...
Old May 22nd 2008, 5:52 am
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Seasonal Work and working holiday visa

It's only 3 months to get the second Working Holiday Visa - and they check your Tax records etc to check it's done properly. No legal way around it and there are big fines for employers who make false statements - so I doubt they'd do it.
Old May 22nd 2008, 12:59 pm
Forum Regular

lainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nice

Originally Posted by tking
It's only 3 months to get the second Working Holiday Visa - and they check your Tax records etc to check it's done properly. No legal way around it and there are big fines for employers who make false statements - so I doubt they'd do it.
Yep its def 3mths
We went to our agent to sort this out for our daughter.
Dont mess it up as it will harder for you in the long run.
Old May 23rd 2008, 10:32 am
Forum Regular

pokerface is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lainey70
Yep its def 3mths
We went to our agent to sort this out for our daughter.
Dont mess it up as it will harder for you in the long run.
Hi
we have lodged our 176 visa this week & our 20yr old daughter wants to come with us. The only option she has is to come out on a WH visa. We are hoping to head to Bunbury in Perth which I think is a regional area where she will be able to do seasonal work. When it gets nearer the time we will ask our agent. Will your daughter fly out with you or go at a later date?
Old May 23rd 2008, 3:35 pm
Forum Regular

lainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nice

Originally Posted by pokerface
Hi
we have lodged our 176 visa this week & our 20yr old daughter wants to come with us. The only option she has is to come out on a WH visa. We are hoping to head to Bunbury in Perth which I think is a regional area where she will be able to do seasonal work. When it gets nearer the time we will ask our agent. Will your daughter fly out with you or go at a later date?
We would like her to come out with us, not sure when yet, we are still waiting for 175 visa. She would like to be over for the New Year, all the parties going on and that.
We hope she will pass her NVQ'S in hairdressing by the end of the summer, come over to Oz on WHV do 3mths seasonal work then 6mths with 1 employer apply for next WHV do another 6 mths with new employer put her TRA in. Once that is done she will be able to apply for PR if she still wants too.
Old May 25th 2008, 2:18 pm
Forum Regular

We would like her to come out with us, not sure when yet, we are still waiting for 175 visa. She would like to be over for the New Year, all the parties going on and that.
We hope she will pass her NVQ'S in hairdressing by the end of the summer, come over to Oz on WHV do 3mths seasonal work then 6mths with 1 employer apply for next WHV do another 6 mths with new employer put her TRA in. Once that is done she will be able to apply for PR if she still wants too.
That sounds great! Our daughter has an NVQ in Beauty Therapy but gave it up & is now working in a solicitor's office. We hope that if she wishes to stay she can find something that would enable her to apply for PR.
Wherabouts in Oz are you thinking of heading for?
Old May 25th 2008, 3:18 pm
Account Closed

LeeLee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by James_jiver
Hi,

I am currently in the process of applying for the first year of my working holiday visa.

I understand that in order to get the second year you can do seasonal work for six months.

I would like to avoid this if I can but would love to stay for the second year, and was wondering if there was any way around it......??

Any ideas or help is much appreciated.

Please feel free to PM me if you have any ideas...

Hi james,

I did my WHV 1 1/2 yrs ago and i was with alot of friends who were doing seasonal work... 3 of them did around 6 wks and got it signed off as if they did 3 months. This was only because the employer needed them more than they needed him. This isn't just a 1 off either, it seems to happen alot. But to be safe i think 3 months isn't really that long if you wanted to stay for another year.

Lee
Old May 25th 2008, 8:35 pm
Forum Regular

That sounds great! Our daughter has an NVQ in Beauty Therapy but gave it up & is now working in a solicitor's office. We hope that if she wishes to stay she can find something that would enable her to apply for PR.
Wherabouts in Oz are you thinking of heading for?
Brisbane as there seems to be more work for bricklayers still, OH a bricklayer and we have friends there too. We also have family and friends in NSW but not as much work But wont really now till we get out there.
Old May 27th 2008, 8:51 am
Forum Regular

Brisbane as there seems to be more work for bricklayers still, OH a bricklayer and we have friends there too. We also have family and friends in NSW but not as much work But wont really now till we get out there.
My OH is also a bricklayer, we have had to go on a 176 WA state sponsored due to our ages!! We did want to go to Perth anyway but reading these forums there does seem to be a lot of work in Brisbane. Hopefully there will still be plenty of work in Perth by the time we make it there.
Old May 28th 2008, 5:43 pm
Forum Regular

My OH is also a bricklayer, we have had to go on a 176 WA state sponsored due to our ages!! We did want to go to Perth anyway but reading these forums there does seem to be a lot of work in Brisbane. Hopefully there will still be plenty of work in Perth by the time we make it there.
Good luck
are you able to move after so long or do you have to stay in that area all the time?
Old May 29th 2008, 9:38 am
Forum Regular

Good luck
are you able to move after so long or do you have to stay in that area all the time?
Thanks
we will be obliged to stay for a maximum of 2 years but I think as long as you are courteous & let the state that sponsored you know that you wish to move you won't have any problems. We really want to make a go of it in Perth so we'll see what happens. Looking at your timeline you probably haven't much longer to wait.

Good Luck!