sciatica question

Old Apr 21st 2008, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

lainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nice
Default sciatica question

My partner is so close to getting his 175 visa, he is then going to sponsor me and my son, but I have all of a sudden got sciatica. I have already been off work for 2 weeks and it has not got any better. I think im going to have longer off work. will this effect my medical?
Old Apr 21st 2008, 9:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

NikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: sciatica question

Originally Posted by lainey70
My partner is so close to getting his 175 visa, he is then going to sponsor me and my son, but I have all of a sudden got sciatica. I have already been off work for 2 weeks and it has not got any better. I think im going to have longer off work. will this effect my medical?
Can't answer the question about medicals, but would recommend that you get yourself to an Osteopath - may well fix the problem for you. Thats what sorted mine out a few years back.

Sciatica's horrid, hope it goes quickly for you
Old Apr 21st 2008, 11:07 pm
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute

It will not in itself cause you to fai the medical but for your own sanity get it sorted quickly! It will look better if you are back at work rather than on sick leave and of course you'll be in less pain! You need to speak to your doctor and get a referral for a scan to see what the problem is - do this before you go to a osteopath or physio so they don't do more damage.

Good luck.
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 7:12 am
BE Forum Addict

NikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tking
It will not in itself cause you to fai the medical but for your own sanity get it sorted quickly! It will look better if you are back at work rather than on sick leave and of course you'll be in less pain! You need to speak to your doctor and get a referral for a scan to see what the problem is - do this before you go to a osteopath or physio so they don't do more damage.

Good luck.
Trouble is with NHS unless you pay private you won't get a scan for months!
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 8:29 am
Forum Regular

Sue McK is a jewel in the roughSue McK is a jewel in the roughSue McK is a jewel in the roughSue McK is a jewel in the rough

Hi
my oh suffers from occasional sciatica, put it on the medical form, and the doctor just asked, how often he had it, and when was the last time, said it was not a problem. We passed ok, hope this helps. Sometimes it sorts itself, but it is best to see a professional to get it sorted quickly.
sue
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 12:34 pm
Forum Regular

lainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nice

Thanks for all your replies.
I have been to the doctors (NHS). The first doctors said take some pain killers and come back.
The second doctor said dont rest to much and try to carry on as normal, as I have a stomach ulcer she said just put an ice pack on the pain! did what I was told and got no better.
I have paid to go to a chiropractor and have been pushed and shoved and clicked into place and going to see another doctor next week, but still dont think I will be back at work for a while.
I have only been signed off so far in all for 2 weeks and struggled at work on pain killers, I think the doctor will sign me off again when I go back. Work know I will be emigrating in the next couple of months.
I thought I would make it till me and my son got our visa, but with the back log from last summer we seem to have got caught up in it all, I work in a school so I was hoping to be gone by the summer holidays(end of July)
I have thought about leaving work early before we emigrated and getting a reference from work, then rest at home, so when I go for my medical it wont look that bad in theory.
My OH is just waiting for his case officer he applied sept 19th paperbased, so any time time now and I know it only takes 6-8 weeks for a spouse visa.
Well it takes my mind off waiting for his visa!
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 9:11 am
Forum Regular

DickDePilot is on a distinguished road

If you are not too scared of needles I can recommend accupuncture for sciatica.

I had a lower back sports injury a number of years ago and couldn't sleep properly because of the "constant flow of information down my leg" caused by the sciatica.

The doc explained that it wouldn't cure the root cause but would take away the very dibiliating sensations I was experiencing.

Had always been a sceptic up to that point but it worked for me. Complmented the accupuncture with a good few sessions at the physio, it can be a long hard road, a bit like applying for a Visa to Oz!!
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 9:19 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Be very careful: sciatica refers to a group of symptoms rather than a single malaise. It can give pain from a relatively benign cause which will heal itself after a while, or may be caused by something as serious as a burst disc. (That happened to me last year, and required a spinal op pdq.)

Get it looked at asap - it's probably something minor, but is not it might mean big problems if not treated quickly.
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 10:40 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lainey70
Thanks for all your replies.
I have been to the doctors (NHS). The first doctors said take some pain killers and come back.
The second doctor said dont rest to much and try to carry on as normal, as I have a stomach ulcer she said just put an ice pack on the pain! did what I was told and got no better.
I have paid to go to a chiropractor and have been pushed and shoved and clicked into place and going to see another doctor next week, but still dont think I will be back at work for a while.
I have only been signed off so far in all for 2 weeks and struggled at work on pain killers, I think the doctor will sign me off again when I go back. Work know I will be emigrating in the next couple of months.
I thought I would make it till me and my son got our visa, but with the back log from last summer we seem to have got caught up in it all, I work in a school so I was hoping to be gone by the summer holidays(end of July)
I have thought about leaving work early before we emigrated and getting a reference from work, then rest at home, so when I go for my medical it wont look that bad in theory.
My OH is just waiting for his case officer he applied sept 19th paperbased, so any time time now and I know it only takes 6-8 weeks for a spouse visa.
Well it takes my mind off waiting for his visa!
Can I ask why you were not included on his application? Surely if you are married/defacto the case officer will want to know this.
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 11:53 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Can I ask why you were not included on his application? Surely if you are married/defacto the case officer will want to know this.
Hi
yes you can ask.
Its a bit of a long story, but as I'm off sick and i'm not going anywhere as its raining in Watford I will bore you to death!
I had just got divorced when I met my partner 4years ago. It was a let see what happens relationship,he was already looking at going to emigrate to Oz as he been there on and off for 5 years working and travelling.
So once it became a 'serious' relationship he talked about going to Oz and to cut along story short he already had a application started with a solicitor in Oz sorting a visa out, but took for ever and my partner not liking paper work didn't really chase things up.
So Dec '06 we went to a agent over here, got his file back from Oz and stared the whole thing again.
The reason I was not added at the time was because we did not have paper work to say we lived together as he moved in with me and just gave me cash for rent and I paid everything out of my bank.
I also I have a spent conviction, Its not serious as I have been to Oz and declared it already it shouldn't be a issue,but my son from previous relationship who is 15 will need to get consent from his natural father, which he might only see once or twice a year.
The agent recommended my partner applies then sponsors us, we have put all this down on his application, Opened a joint bank account that both our wages go in, put him on my tenancy agreement and have kept invites etc as proof.
I also went to a solicitor about my son who drew up a stat dec stating I have Parental responsibility etc but the agent stills want consent from father for Oz law.I have not got this yet
I did speak to the agent once we had 1yrs paper work, and asked to be added to the application,but my son father could hold his application up, and was told we have to prove 1 yr from when my partner visa application went in which was Sept 07, we can prove from Feb 07 as living together
We have no case officer yet for our agent to speak to about the situation.
I'm so sorry if I have bored you! but you did ask! and it is still raining.
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 12:00 pm
Forum Regular

OMG
Dorothy you must have known!!!
while I was on here our agent called to say we have a CO
she has spoken to the CO about our situation and there is a bit of a issue but the CO wants me and my son to go for meds and our agent said are you going to included them on the visa? so we have a meeting with the agent to give her all our paper work to show we have been together!!!
and the sun has come out
I love you Dorothy you must have the magic touch
must tell the September lot about getting a CO
bye,