Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

scary submitting visa application.. anyone else feel the same?

scary submitting visa application.. anyone else feel the same?

Old Oct 16th 2012, 2:39 pm
Forum Regular

dani5 has a brilliant futuredani5 has a brilliant futuredani5 has a brilliant futuredani5 has a brilliant futuredani5 has a brilliant futuredani5 has a brilliant future
Default scary submitting visa application.. anyone else feel the same?

We received an invite through skillselect on October 1st which we are so so excited about.. feels like we were waiting forever for that day to come! we have just finished completing our visa application and are at the point of putting in our card details for AUD3060... not sure what came over me.. think it could be that i am worried that something isnt completed properly despite looking through the information about 100 times!!

or maybe its just because the day has finally arrived to submit the application and it doesnt seem real!!

just wondered if anyone else had the same feeling.. either way i am off to check all our details one last time and then to submit
Old Oct 16th 2012, 2:43 pm
Just Joined

Coolson82 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: scary submitting visa application.. anyone else feel the same?

Hi there, I felt exactly the same! I got an invitation on September 15th and I felt a little apprhensive as I wanted to be sure that everything was correct before paying the fee.

I have just this week been allocated a case officer and still feel a little apprehensive as some of my documentation hasnt got to the case officer even though I uploaded it as requested.

I dont think it helps that this is a new system which is still having faults (for instance there was two weeks when it wouldnt allow me to upload any documents) and that some things are a little unclear.

I dont think I will be happy until I have a decision.

You are not alone ;-)
Old Oct 16th 2012, 2:46 pm
Forum Regular

dani5 has a brilliant futuredani5 has a brilliant futuredani5 has a brilliant futuredani5 has a brilliant futuredani5 has a brilliant futuredani5 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Coolson82
Hi there, I felt exactly the same! I got an invitation on September 15th and I felt a little apprhensive as I wanted to be sure that everything was correct before paying the fee.

I have just this week been allocated a case officer and still feel a little apprehensive as some of my documentation hasnt got to the case officer even though I uploaded it as requested.

I dont think it helps that this is a new system which is still having faults (for instance there was two weeks when it wouldnt allow me to upload any documents) and that some things are a little unclear.

You are not alone ;-)

Thank you its so nice to hear that other people feel the same.. its such a complicated, tough process to go through and it can feel like you're waiting forever and then all of a sudden the opportunity is there and you don't want to mess it up! like you said, it doesn't help that it's a new system!
Old Oct 16th 2012, 4:05 pm
Just Joined

Nooor_c10 is an unknown quantity at this point

I submitted mine last month, 3 days after getting the invitation. Didn't feel tensed about it though, but then it could have been that I was already too tensed by my thesis deadline.

You are not alone ;-)

Hey Coolson, I got allocated CO this week as well. She requested all the documents again. Thought that was weird, cos I had already uploaded all of them on the visa website. The request list she sent even had "evidence of English language" listed twice. Only explanation I find is that she just copied the list of documents I uploaded on the website (cos I uploaded the IELTS report twice). Was this the case for you?
Anyway, I sent her the documents by email. Waiting for her response. One of my friend got 885 visa recently 3 days after getting a CO allocated.
Old Oct 16th 2012, 7:27 pm
Just Joined

Im glad its not just me. I am applying for a 189 visa with my partner and it is only documents for my partner that are apparently missing. I queried it with my CO who said that there is a limit to the files you can upload but the system doesnt tell you when you have reached that limit. My worry is that they havent received some other documents either as I uploaded other documents after my partners. I am just about to e-mail my CO the documents he has requested but feel like I should attach all the others just in case!! On my skillselect account some documents say "received" against where some say "required" - I might send him all the ones that say "required" as the ones for my partner that are apparently missing say "requred" I just dont want a decision to be made unless they have all the information!!!
Old Oct 17th 2012, 12:08 pm
Just Joined

Happy to say I sent my documentation through last night (just that which the CO asked for) and I woke up to my visa being granted this morning!!! Very quick process for me!!
Old Oct 17th 2012, 12:10 pm
EOI Submitted,Invitation?

wordlywise is an unknown quantity at this point

Can you share what are the stages of application after you click on apply visa button ? Like what all information is being asked in the online visa application ?
I have received 189 invitation, and my son's current passport has expired and we have lodged renewal for it.

Will it accept and allow me to complete my online visa application without the same ?
Old Oct 17th 2012, 12:19 pm
Just Joined

When you "apply for your visa" it asks you to confirm the details you previously put in your EOI from there you get a TRN and password and you have the ability to upload the required documentation (including copies of passport pages) listed in the details of the application - it was at this point I also undertook health and character test but some advise to wait until you are allocated a case officer. After 4 weeks I was allocated a case officer who then asked me to send some information which I had uploaded but they hadnt received. I sent this last night and a few hours later I had a decision. I am guessing every case willl have different timescales - this is just my expereince. I am unsure what you do if you are changing passport details as you will have already declared the old ones - I think you have to inform the DIAC but I am unsure how you do this? Sorry I cant be any more help.
Old Oct 17th 2012, 12:43 pm

When you "apply for your visa" it asks you to confirm the details you previously put in your EOI from there you get a TRN and password and you have the ability to upload the required documentation (including copies of passport pages) listed in the details of the application - it was at this point I also undertook health and character test but some advise to wait until you are allocated a case officer. After 4 weeks I was allocated a case officer who then asked me to send some information which I had uploaded but they hadnt received. I sent this last night and a few hours later I had a decision. I am guessing every case willl have different timescales - this is just my expereince. I am unsure what you do if you are changing passport details as you will have already declared the old ones - I think you have to inform the DIAC but I am unsure how you do this? Sorry I cant be any more help.
while submitting EOI, I was not required to enter my son's Passport details .. I know we have to inform DIAC by submitting some form when you have a new passport in hand. But in my case I do not have new passport, only a receipt or acknowledgement of passport renewal. But thank you for your prompt response !!
Old Oct 17th 2012, 12:55 pm
Just Joined

I know if you hadnt got your health checks done you could send a receipt to show you had booked them - maybe the new passprt information would be similar to this?? How long will it take to receive the new passport? I had 28 days to upload information until I was assigned a case officer - will you have it within 28 days?
Old Oct 17th 2012, 1:11 pm

I know if you hadnt got your health checks done you could send a receipt to show you had booked them - maybe the new passprt information would be similar to this?? How long will it take to receive the new passport? I had 28 days to upload information until I was assigned a case officer - will you have it within 28 days?
Thats the issue .. Me and my hubby did meds already .. but son was left out due to his passport issue. My nation's office told me it could be between 4 to 8 weeks !! So thats my worry !! fingers crossed

But I am starting my online visa application tomorrow I will see how it goes
Old Oct 17th 2012, 1:12 pm
Just Joined

Nooor_c10 is an unknown quantity at this point

Happy to say I sent my documentation through last night (just that which the CO asked for) and I woke up to my visa being granted this morning!!! Very quick process for me!!
Congrats..

One question, did you have to upload certified copies? I just uploaded coloured copies.
And another. You said you queried your CO about the documents, how long did the CO take to get back to you?
Old Oct 17th 2012, 1:21 pm
Just Joined

Thanks - I still cant quite believe it!! I did upload certified coloured copies because I had already got them certified. I am sure I have read that they dont need to be certified if they are in colour.
I sent a query to my CO on Monday evening and at midnight he had sent a response. Equally I sent my documents last night and by 1am I had a decision! So very quick responses for me. Every time I wrote to him I go a generated response saying it would be 7 days until a reply so I was quite shocked he responded that quickly!
Old Oct 17th 2012, 1:25 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

If they are colour copies they need not be certified.

If you have to provide new passport details after you have applied, its Form 929 from www.immi.gov.au - sorry don't have the link cos I'm on my iphone!
Old Oct 19th 2012, 1:02 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Sending in the application is a walk in the park compared to the time when you pack up all your stuff and actually get on a plane. Let alone landing in a strange country knowing no one or having a job, home etc etc.

Does that make you feel better?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.