Salary Slips

Old Feb 19th 2011, 2:45 pm
Forum Regular

sherry9oct is just really nicesherry9oct is just really nicesherry9oct is just really nicesherry9oct is just really nicesherry9oct is just really nicesherry9oct is just really nicesherry9oct is just really nicesherry9oct is just really nice
Default Salary Slips

I was assigned CO yesterday i received request for evidence of job
I had 4 years and 1 month of experience when i applied for DIAC
DIAC wants salary slips, Bank statement and tax details.
First company for which i worked for about 1 year three months was a very small company and they didnt give me salary slips and i was paid in cash. So cant show any bank statement and salary slips for my first job. For rest i have salary slips and bank statements. If I cant prove my employment with the above requirement then what will happen. I have enough points.
Old Feb 19th 2011, 3:54 pm
Shafaqat Ali

shafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Salary Slips

Originally Posted by sherry9oct
First company for which i worked for about 1 year three months was a very small company and they didnt give me salary slips and i was paid in cash. So cant show any bank statement and salary slips for my first job. For rest i have salary slips and bank statements. If I cant prove my employment with the above requirement then what will happen. I have enough points.
they usually ask for last 1 year salary slips and bank statement, i sent last 6 months salary slips and 1 year bank statement, i did not send anything for 1st job.
Old Feb 19th 2011, 7:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

They don't "usually" ask for 1 year salary slips and bank statements. They ask for whatever they feel is lacking in the application. I sent a contract of employment, a P60 and a reference letter with salary details, and that was sufficient so they didn't ask for anything further. No salary slips and no bank statements.

OP you are going to have to send whatever you can. You might have been paid in cash, but did you not fill in a tax return in that case? Can you use that? Can you contact the people you worked for and ask them po provide some evidence, they must keep records?

The whole being paid in cash thing is always going to raise suspicions as it is so easy to make stuff up and seems so unlikely in this day and age in skilled occupations, what is yours by the way?

On another note, do you have three years of proper evidence? Nobody needs four years at the moment. And do you have enough points without the three of last four years of specific work experience?

The answer to your question what will happen if DIAC are not satisfied that you meet the requirements, is that your visa applciation will be declined. DIAC will notify you if it is looking like it is going this way and you will have a final opportunity to prove you meet the requirements.
Old Feb 20th 2011, 2:44 am
Forum Regular

sherry9oct is just really nicesherry9oct is just really nicesherry9oct is just really nicesherry9oct is just really nicesherry9oct is just really nicesherry9oct is just really nicesherry9oct is just really nicesherry9oct is just really nice

i need only one year of experience to get enough points for DIAC. I dont need to prove even three years of expertence. One year is enough.

Last edited by sherry9oct; Feb 20th 2011 at 3:18 am.
Old Feb 20th 2011, 6:06 pm
Forum Regular

hamidgamal is an unknown quantity at this point

I have the same problem i also have been working as accountant for 3 years and 1 month in a very small company and i left that company since October 2008 almost 2 years and 5 months and they also paid me only in cash.unfortunately that small company was closed during 2009 .I lodged my application in august 2009 and since i left the company i worked as self employed . i had enough points without that 3 years specific work experience but i only need to prove one year experience as it was a basic requirement to be qualified .actually i didn't have a case officer assigned yet but i am worried about this point .will that pose any problem ?or it is advisable to get an migration agent to assist me successfully finalizing my application instead of doing it on my own?
Old Feb 20th 2011, 6:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

I think anyone being paid in cash with no evidence to support it sould be concerned, this is a huge red flag to DIAC. It is very unusual for people to be paid in cash in the 21st century, particularly professionals and the CO is going to want to make sure this is not fabrication.
Old Feb 20th 2011, 7:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Hampshire - soon to be somewhere between Brissie and Gold Coast!!!
MrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
I think anyone being paid in cash with no evidence to support it sould be concerned, this is a huge red flag to DIAC. It is very unusual for people to be paid in cash in the 21st century, particularly professionals and the CO is going to want to make sure this is not fabrication.
Agree with BS on this one. Even if you were paid cash you would need to pay local taxes! Of course, you would also have a contract to prove your relationship with the company??? There is always a way of proving that you worked for a company.
Old Feb 20th 2011, 9:28 pm
playing dumb

thejohnhagen has a spectacular aura aboutthejohnhagen has a spectacular aura aboutthejohnhagen has a spectacular aura about

I also agree with Bermuda and mrse.
A company no matter how small keeps some evidence of maintaining an employee. If a person can not provide documented evidence to prove then how can it be possible for the CO to decide the person's claim.
Old Feb 21st 2011, 5:12 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MrsE
Agree with BS on this one. Even if you were paid cash you would need to pay local taxes! Of course, you would also have a contract to prove your relationship with the company??? There is always a way of proving that you worked for a company.
yea i do have a contract with that company, will that be enough besides the reference letter?.
Old Feb 21st 2011, 6:15 am
Shafaqat Ali

shafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of light

There are a lot of companies around pay in cash and don't do tax work etc and case officer are also familier withe situation, point is that what to do if paid in cash or company is closed, as in my first company where i was paid in cash and no tax etc, i got letter from employer stating that i was paid in cash and mentioned my salary, i used to deposit monthly salary in bank account and got a bank statement and highlighted the amount i used to deposit.

my documents were ready but i did not submit due to the fact that case officer "usually" ask for the documents from the company where you were surving at the time of application lodgement and luckily i had tax docs + pay slips from that company, so case officer did not ask anything from my first company and during the process if he ask i will provide that letter from the employer.
Old Feb 21st 2011, 12:09 pm
Forum Regular

Ozzieland is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shafaqat309
There are a lot of companies around pay in cash and don't do tax work etc and case officer are also familier withe situation, point is that what to do if paid in cash or company is closed, as in my first company where i was paid in cash and no tax etc, i got letter from employer stating that i was paid in cash and mentioned my salary, i used to deposit monthly salary in bank account and got a bank statement and highlighted the amount i used to deposit.

my documents were ready but i did not submit due to the fact that case officer "usually" ask for the documents from the company where you were surving at the time of application lodgement and luckily i had tax docs + pay slips from that company, so case officer did not ask anything from my first company and during the process if he ask i will provide that letter from the employer.
The first company I worked for used to pay cash and did not give any salary slips. Since I did not come under the Tax bracket, I did not pay any tax. For me I was fortunate I did not have to use that company as for the current company I had all the evidence that they required. For some countries, if you do not come under the tax bracket, you do not have to file returns or pay any tax and there are plenty of people who do not come under the tax bracket.
Old Feb 21st 2011, 3:09 pm
Forum Regular

Alex997_99 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Ozzieland
The first company I worked for used to pay cash and did not give any salary slips. Since I did not come under the Tax bracket, I did not pay any tax. For me I was fortunate I did not have to use that company as for the current company I had all the evidence that they required. For some countries, if you do not come under the tax bracket, you do not have to file returns or pay any tax and there are plenty of people who do not come under the tax bracket.
Yup!..very true!..different parts of the world operate in different ways and the case officers are very aware of this.
The OP should just relax and try the best to send as many documents as he can.
Quite a few countries have a precedence for paying in cash and if the tax bracket is lesser,folks do not even have to file for a return.OP should not get disheartened by views which express extreme surprise and condescendence towards such an act(s).
There is a precedence for such ignorance as well.
Old Feb 21st 2011, 5:30 pm
Forum Regular

What if i apply with 3 years of experience and cant prove 2 year of experience and 1 year is enough to get me enough points for immigration, will DIAC be stuck at trying to clear all three years of experience.
Old Feb 21st 2011, 5:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

What if i apply with 3 years of experience and cant prove 2 year of experience and 1 year is enough to get me enough points for immigration, will DIAC be stuck at trying to clear all three years of experience.
If you want to claim three years of experience then you have to prove three years of experience. And I don't care if your fellow countrymen think it is rude and condescending to say that. It is a fact. As usual the rudeness starts because some people don't like facts.

I wonder why anyone still bothers to answer threads started by persons of some nationalities.
Old Feb 21st 2011, 7:58 pm
Forum Regular

I also need only to prove 1 year not to get extra points but for the basic requirement to apply as skilled migrant, i have enough points without claiming any work experience .since i left that company i have been working as self employed (accountant) , i have a valid registration for that business and i have a bank statements to prove the income. in case that 3 years experience with that small company doesn't count , will they accept the 2 years experience as self employed ( accountant)?.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.