RSMS visa question

Old Dec 22nd 2005, 12:27 am
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute
Default RSMS visa question

can anyone tell me when the 2yrs starts for the visa regulations? is it when you get the visa? when you arrive on oz soil? or when you start with your employer?
cant seem to find out for definite anywhere and I know there are a few of us on this visa and would like to know.

many thanks

Trish
xx
Old Dec 22nd 2005, 11:31 am
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RSMS visa question

Originally Posted by jimtrish
can anyone tell me when the 2yrs starts for the visa regulations? is it when you get the visa? when you arrive on oz soil? or when you start with your employer?
cant seem to find out for definite anywhere and I know there are a few of us on this visa and would like to know.

many thanks

Trish
xx

does anyone know the answer, only i would really like to know.
thankyou
Old Dec 23rd 2005, 9:16 am
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimtrish

many thanks

Trish
xx
Hi Trish,

You've got to look at s.137Q of the Migration Act which reads as follows (bearing in mind that the prescribed period for taking up the job under s.137Q(1) is six months from date of grant) -

Section 137Q. Cancellation of regional sponsored employment visas

Employment does not commence

137Q (1) The Minister may cancel a regional sponsored employment visa held by a person if:

(a) the Minister is satisfied that the person has not commenced the employment referred to in the relevant employer nomination within the period prescribed by the regulations; and

(b) the person does not satisfy the Minister that he or she has made a genuine effort to commence that employment within that period.

Employment terminates within 2 years

(2) The Minister may cancel a regional sponsored employment visa held by a person if:

(a) the Minister is satisfied that:

(i) the person commenced the employment referred to in the relevant employer nomination (whether or not within the period prescribed by the regulations); and

(ii) the employment terminated within the period (the required employment period) of 2 years starting on the day the person commenced that employment; and

(b) the person does not satisfy the Minister that he or she has made a genuine effort to be engaged in that employment for the required employment period.

Hope that helps,

Cheers,

George Lombard

www.austimmigration.com.au
Old Dec 23rd 2005, 9:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by George Lombard
Hi Trish,

You've got to look at s.137Q of the Migration Act which reads as follows (bearing in mind that the prescribed period for taking up the job under s.137Q(1) is six months from date of grant) -

Section 137Q. Cancellation of regional sponsored employment visas

Employment does not commence

137Q (1) The Minister may cancel a regional sponsored employment visa held by a person if:

(a) the Minister is satisfied that the person has not commenced the employment referred to in the relevant employer nomination within the period prescribed by the regulations; and

(b) the person does not satisfy the Minister that he or she has made a genuine effort to commence that employment within that period.

Employment terminates within 2 years

(2) The Minister may cancel a regional sponsored employment visa held by a person if:

(a) the Minister is satisfied that:

(i) the person commenced the employment referred to in the relevant employer nomination (whether or not within the period prescribed by the regulations); and

(ii) the employment terminated within the period (the required employment period) of 2 years starting on the day the person commenced that employment; and

(b) the person does not satisfy the Minister that he or she has made a genuine effort to be engaged in that employment for the required employment period.

Hope that helps,

Cheers,

George Lombard

www.austimmigration.com.au

Hi George,

Thats brilliant, thankyou so much.

Have a brilliant christmas.

cheers

Trish