RSMS Visa

Old Mar 25th 2008, 9:22 pm
Forum Regular

scotty 71 has a spectacular aura aboutscotty 71 has a spectacular aura aboutscotty 71 has a spectacular aura about
Default RSMS Visa

Hi, could anybody please tell me what the requirements are for a RSMS visa?
Do you have to have skills on the SOL list? And or any other information will be appreciated.

Thank you, Gilly.
Old Mar 25th 2008, 9:36 pm
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RSMS Visa

Originally Posted by scotty 71
Hi, could anybody please tell me what the requirements are for a RSMS visa?
Do you have to have skills on the SOL list? And or any other information will be appreciated.

Thank you, Gilly.
If you are referring to 119/857 or 457 RSMS then you just need a job offer, have the necessary qualifications (or exemption) and pass the medical, character refs etc I think - the job has to be nominated and approved by a regional panel and then you apply for your visa. As far as I am aware the job has to be in a recognised occupation (i.e. have an ASCO code) but does not necessarily have to be on SOL or MODL. I think - but I'm new to all this so dont take my word for it. I reccommend you read Booklet 5 from the DIAC website www.immi.gov.au

Last edited by ponyrama; Mar 25th 2008 at 9:37 pm. Reason: rubbish spelling
Old Mar 25th 2008, 9:40 pm
Forum Regular

scotty 71 has a spectacular aura aboutscotty 71 has a spectacular aura aboutscotty 71 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by ponyrama
If you are referring to 119/857 or 457 RSMS then you just need a job offer, have the necessary qualifications (or exemption) and pass the medical, character refs etc I think - the job has to be nominated and approved by a regional panel and then you apply for your visa. As far as I am aware the job has to be in a recognised occupation (i.e. have an ASCO code) but does not necessarily have to be on SOL or MODL. I think - but I'm new to all this so dont take my word for it. I reccommend you read Booklet 5 from the DIAC website www.immi.gov.au

Thank's for responding, I will take a look at the link now.
Old Mar 26th 2008, 12:12 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ponyrama
If you are referring to 119/857 or 457 RSMS then you just need a job offer, have the necessary qualifications (or exemption) and pass the medical, character refs etc I think - the job has to be nominated and approved by a regional panel and then you apply for your visa. As far as I am aware the job has to be in a recognised occupation (i.e. have an ASCO code)
Occupation has to be at diploma or trade cert level (at least), normally.

Semi-skilled and unskilled occupation won't do. There is an exception for those who have lived for 2+ years on a 457 in regional Australia.
Old Apr 7th 2008, 6:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Dawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really nice

Originally Posted by JAJ
Occupation has to be at diploma or trade cert level (at least), normally.

Semi-skilled and unskilled occupation won't do. There is an exception for those who have lived for 2+ years on a 457 in regional Australia.
I was advised that you can go on a 457 with the view of RSMS after 2 years and still be unskilled if you are in Asco code 5 to 7 which is covered by an skill exemption. See below piece taken from booklet 5 of the RSMS visa on the immi.gov website.

Skill exemptions
Exceptional circumstances for skill level might be considered in the following case.

Skill level Exceptional circumstances

* Employee does not have a skill level equivalent to diploma level

* the occupation has a skill level requirement of at least an AQF Certificate II (that is, within Australian Standard Classification of Occupations (ASCO) major groups 5 to 7)

* the employee has filled the position while on a Temporary Business (Long Stay) visa (subclass 457) for at least 2 years prior to the nomination being submitted