RSMS questions please....

Old Mar 10th 2012, 3:43 pm
Just Joined

corinne1470 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RSMS questions please....

Have an employer interested, who have said the best route for us is RSMS (perth sub) but have a lot of queries, of which here are a few:

What is the timeline for this subject to everyone being on the ball?
Does my hubby (the applicant) need his IELTS still - he needs an 8 in every one (we were and are doing the 176 route via an agent anyhow) but 8 is harrrd! He sat his first exam today. And only booked 2.
Can I work (wife) on this visa?
Is there various relocation costs they HAVE to pay. Again we are not bothered as we want to live in Australia (Perth sub) so much (last chance due to our age really) but if they do have further financial commitment to us then that is obviously good.
What actual costs are involved definitely by us?
It is commitment to the company for 2 years and then are you free to change jobs (not an intention), just a query...

And anything else you have experienced with these visas would be great help..
Think that's it for now and thank you in advance....
Old Mar 10th 2012, 8:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RSMS questions please....

Have a look on the immigration website under rsms, a lot of what you are asking is there.
It is not a quick visa to get going. They have to advertise the job for a certain amount of time, inna certain amount of places, then show no aussies have applied etc. Then they have to apply to the regional assessing board. I have been going through this process for over a year, and I am in oz!

No they don't HAVE to give you a relocation package. They might choose to, but that is them being nice.

He won't need the ielts no. Yes free to change companies after two years. Everything else you ask is on the immigration website.
Old Mar 10th 2012, 8:44 pm
Just Joined

corinne1470 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thankyou very much.
Old Mar 10th 2012, 9:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

ireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud of

Yes you can work on this visa a RSMS Visa is a PR visa, although your tied to the employer for 2 years.

I applied back in Sept 2007 had the visa Dec 2007, dont know if they are still this quick, Brisbane office dealt with my visa mind you I had a great Case Officer.
Good luck with the visa.
Old Mar 11th 2012, 12:34 pm
Forum Regular

nicolac34 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm in the middle of this visa process at the moment.

The advertising for 3 months is the sticking point - it's a long time to advertise a vacancy so seems a bit random. We'd been told (in December) that the rules were imminently about to change to advertising for only 2 weeks before you could make an application. Obviously this hasn't yet happened (our agent keeps being told by the RCB 'In the next two weeks....')

So, my application to RCB has gone in, but my employer has only advertised for 1 month, the advert is still live in case they do insist on the 3 month rule (which I assume they will). We've been told processing time with RCB is 3-4 weeks and then if approved another 3-4 weeks to get the visa out of DIAC.

Pain for me since I can't work with my employer past the end of next Friday (on a WHV and will have worked their 6 months). So might have to sit out the next 2-3 months whilst they meet the advertising requirement and process the visa.

I think everyone else has answered your other questions, just thought I'd throw in my experience!
Old Mar 11th 2012, 9:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

Each rcb has different rules and time lines. The Adelaide one asks for one months advertising in three places, one at least being paper, and at least one Internet. Also, my application took I think four months in the end. And then they turned it down stating that a recruitment agency had told them they could find people (even though they hadn't found anyone qualified) and because the rbc had totally got the wrong impression of what the job actually entaled and said it didn't count. I do wonder if they even read through it as the job they were saying they thought it was, if they took one minute to google the company they would know they were wrong, that and NONE of the things they were saying the business type was was anywhere in the application at all.

Anyway, application in again explaining all that, so now just more waiting.