Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

rsms - contract broken by employer what do we do?

rsms - contract broken by employer what do we do?

Old Jan 20th 2010, 6:44 am
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: rsms - contract broken by employer what do we do?

I would speak to an agent as recommended by JAJ. Most times on here when there are potential complications it is recommended getting professional advice BEFORE contacting DIAC.
Old Jan 20th 2010, 7:53 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spottydog
I would speak to an agent as recommended by JAJ. Most times on here when there are potential complications it is recommended getting professional advice BEFORE contacting DIAC.
Yup. Speak to an agent long before speaking to DIAC. A decent agent can usually help you put your best case forward to DIAC when/if the time comes that speaking to them is even necessary. I would also be collecting as much proof of what went down as I could possibly collect; police report from the assault, record of when phone calls were made, etc.
Old Dec 25th 2010, 1:08 am
Just Joined

steward is just really nicesteward is just really nicesteward is just really nicesteward is just really nicesteward is just really nicesteward is just really nicesteward is just really nicesteward is just really nice
Thumbs down Re: rsms - contract broken by employer what do we do?

Originally Posted by lilly07
hi there
we have a issue landed here dec 09 started work jan 6th 10, we are on RSMS visa, our employer has changed how much my hubby is paid by 20% and now tells us there is no bricklaying work for him so he wont be able to make what he was promised in the contract nor undertake the position that the employer nominated him for... he wants him to sweep up and do tiling and capentry instead...
This morning after asking why this was now the case the employer got physical and verbally abusive...
What do we do... can anyone help us, we cant work for this man and dont want to go back to the uk as most aussies have been so kind to us...

can my husband work for someone else? he has had job offers but we dont know what we should do or if we should tell diac whats happening to us.

will they send us home? so upset...

Hello lilly,

Would u so kind enough to let me know ur current situation,As I am in same visa and same situation also moved from Uk.I am very upset and is very difficult to serbive here with my family and a kid.

Thanks
Old Dec 25th 2010, 4:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steward
Hello lilly,

Would u so kind enough to let me know ur current situation,As I am in same visa and same situation also moved from Uk.I am very upset and is very difficult to serbive here with my family and a kid.

Thanks
Lilly has not posted for nearly six months. If you need some help and advice, I recommend starting a new thread.
Old Dec 26th 2010, 9:10 pm
Forum Regular

lilly07 will become famous soon enough

Hi there
I went to my local rep about the RSMS and explained the situation I filled ni a statement letting them know full details and they put this to the DIAC people who then sent a letter back and said we had tried everything in our power and we could get a job with someone else in the chosen profession and keep working they would turn a blind eye and we were ok to continue on our visa.

I think the point is to go to the local government rep for your region, as soon as you can and explain the circumstances, they look kindly on the fact you have tried.

hope that helps...
Old Dec 28th 2010, 1:08 pm
Just Joined

steward is just really nicesteward is just really nicesteward is just really nicesteward is just really nicesteward is just really nicesteward is just really nicesteward is just really nicesteward is just really nice

Hello Lilly,

Thanks so much for ur reply,it will be really helpful for me.Would be so kind enough to tell me how long it took for this process local rep to DIAC and DiAC reply back.If I move any city rather than my regional is there any problem,is anything mentioned in ur letter from DIAC.Pls let me know.

Thanks.
Old Dec 28th 2010, 9:43 pm
Forum Regular

my rep at mildura said they would prefer we stayed regional as thats what we applied for through the visa, DIAC did not mention not moving but they did not say it was ok either as this was not requested by myself, it took about a month but in the mean time my husband found another job with a new bricky as we could not afford not to have a income...

hope that clears it up...

just be open with the DIAC people they are really not all that bad...
Old Dec 28th 2010, 11:11 pm
Just Joined

Wink Re: rsms - contract broken by employer what do we do?

Thanks so much Lilly for ur quick reply,all ur information is really helpful for me as I am the same situation like you and moved from UK as well.Do u have any idea did DIAC contacted your employer who sponsored you.My employer is continue thereating me not to inform anything to DIAC so I am really worried.

Thanks
Old Dec 29th 2010, 2:33 am
Forum Regular

I dont think they did, but the thing is if they have broken the contract or you have been threatened by them then DIAC will be on your side anyway so them saying dont tell DIAC is the fact that they will probably get into trouble as the docs they sent into DIAC are legally binding. I am assuming you got a contract? what trade are you in? can you elabrorate on your details at all even if its on a personal message rather than here...
Old Dec 29th 2010, 4:07 am
Just Joined

pls check ur personal message.