rsms and 457 checks

Old Dec 23rd 2011, 5:44 am
Just Joined

ali2go2qld is an unknown quantity at this point
Default rsms and 457 checks

Hi
I am currently in Townsville on my 2nd working holiday visa.i am working in a cafe/resturant as a chef.I have 4 years experience back home and a year in oz.I have a written reference from old employers but no qualifications as sutch,as I have been told as long as I have 4 years experience this will be enough!

I was just wondering when the immingration look into all this information what do they look for/into ie pay slips frm x employers back in uk?.How well do they do/check it because Ive heard a few things where they leave your application and as long as you have a approved employer and your working and have so many applicats they can if your lucky just sign you off to be granted-Is this true?I know you would still have to be police checked and the general information you will be checked on for sure.

Just as another possible visa option-I played hockey back in the Uk for about 13years or more I was just wondering is there a visa i could apply for or even a sponsored visa which I could get if a hockey club here where willing to sponsor me?

Hope someone can help.

Thankyou

Alistair
Old Dec 23rd 2011, 8:26 am

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: rsms and 457 checks

They do check your background, sometimes it is quick, we have seen some posters granted their visas in a matter of several weeks. But income cases they take their time an them showing up at your workplace for an in-person interview is not unheard of, they also call previous employers and go as far back as they deem fit. What is going to happening your case is anyone's guess, but if everything you supply to them for evidence is legit, you have nothing to worry about.

Re your sporting career, I think there was one poster asking a question in the same vein, iirc it went in the direction of a distinguished talent visa. Not entirely impossible as there are several of them granted each year, but definitely not a DIY project.
Old Dec 23rd 2011, 8:46 am
Just Joined

Ok thanks for that information!
Old Dec 23rd 2011, 2:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

I doubt that many employer references are checked for LR country applicants, but you have to assume that they may be. The 457 and RSMS are different visas one temporary and one permanent and it also might be sensible to assume that permanent visa applications have more checking than temporary.

You would need at least diploma level qualifications for the RSMS visa by the way.

What do you mean by played hockey? Do you mean at national level? Do you still play?
Old Dec 24th 2011, 9:40 am
Just Joined

Hi there,ok thanks.

Yeh I just played field hockey for a club and still play.LikeI say ido have 13 plus years of experience playing but no qualification because you dont really need it!

Maybe it would be easier if I could get with some company that teaches hockey to kids or something and sponsor me some how if there is sutch a thing ?

Thanks
Old Dec 24th 2011, 9:47 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

Were you actually paid to play? Personally I can't see that as being your way in.
I also wouldn't think the rsms visa would be very easy for you to get either.
Sorry to be pessimistic, but it is really hard.
Old Dec 24th 2011, 9:55 am
Just Joined

No i wasnt payed
Old Dec 24th 2011, 10:57 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ali2go2qld
No i wasnt payed
Then no, you won't qualify to come on a distinguised talent visa. They're reserved for people like elite athletes (think David Beckham types) or entertainers (BAFTA winners, etc).

I really think PB is correct. You will likely find it difficult to qualify for a visa if you don't have any formal qualifications. You'll likely have to go home, get some qualifications and experience then look at coming back.
Old Dec 24th 2011, 4:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ali2go2qld
No i wasnt payed
Then I am rather baffled as to where you got the notion that playing hockey for fun might get you a visa.

Without qualifications (a diploma), the RSMS visa is out for you, perhaps the 457 is an option but of course a temporary one. Would your current employer sponsor you for it?
Old Dec 25th 2011, 1:59 am
Just Joined

Hi,yeh I didnt know about the hockey thing thats why i just thought id ask,Irealy new it was unlikely but you never know i could have been wrong!

yeh i have a company willing to sponsor me but spoke to an visa agent expert and they told me that if you have enough years experience that would be substiuted for a diploma?Do you think they agent may just be saying this then to get monney out of me!.

Oh and by the way Merry Xmas everyone and thanks for help so far!
Old Dec 25th 2011, 2:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

A diploma is a must for the RSMS visa and cannot be sustituted for experience. That does not mean that there are not other options, such as the 457.
Old Dec 25th 2011, 2:49 am
Just Joined

ok thanks,

it looks like a 457 it is then.

thanks