RSMS 119 VISA CANCELLED

Old Dec 5th 2008, 8:14 am
BE Enthusiast

janjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nice
Default RSMS 119 VISA CANCELLED

Hi All....

Thought you would all be interested to hear about this case...

South African couple applied for RSMS Visa the normal route.. visa granted 3 weeks ago - yahoo....

All plans made to leave South Africa, resigned from jobs, gave away dogs - the works !!

Employer called to say that due to Australia's economic dip they are unable to employ them and immigration will be in touch shortly re cancellation of thier visa...

http://www.saaustralia.org/index.php?showtopic=20203

How awful is that.....
Old Dec 5th 2008, 9:14 am
Forum Regular

helenandrob will become famous soon enough
Default Re: RSMS 119 VISA CANCELLED

That really is awful!!! I thought the RSMS was a permanent visa????? God all this visa stuff is complicated isnt it.
Helen x
Just read the thread, what a horrible scary position to be in! I so hope that they find a way through it all.

Last edited by helenandrob; Dec 5th 2008 at 9:19 am.
Old Dec 5th 2008, 9:27 am
BE Enthusiast

janjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nice

Originally Posted by helenandrob
That really is awful!!! I thought the RSMS was a permanent visa????? God all this visa stuff is complicated isnt it.
Helen x
Just read the thread, what a horrible scary position to be in! I so hope that they find a way through it all.
IT IS A PR VISA ...

But it was cancelled before they left !! as there is no longer a position for them...
Old Dec 5th 2008, 10:37 am
Forum Regular

Nick.d is just really niceNick.d is just really niceNick.d is just really niceNick.d is just really niceNick.d is just really niceNick.d is just really niceNick.d is just really niceNick.d is just really niceNick.d is just really niceNick.d is just really niceNick.d is just really nice

Originally Posted by janjanxx
Hi All....

Thought you would all be interested to hear about this case...

South African couple applied for RSMS Visa the normal route.. visa granted 3 weeks ago - yahoo....

All plans made to leave South Africa, resigned from jobs, gave away dogs - the works !!

Employer called to say that due to Australia's economic dip they are unable to employ them and immigration will be in touch shortly re cancellation of thier visa...

http://www.saaustralia.org/index.php?showtopic=20203

How awful is that.....
OMG can you imagine how they must be feeling. I had my passports back yesterday with a nice big juicy stamp in to say I can stay in Australia indefinitely......... now I am worried in case my sponsor pulls out......... bloody hell, this really is a rocky rd to go down. Makes me feel that I should have left the country yesterday ready to start work next week, before the sponsoring company decides to call it a day.
Old Dec 5th 2008, 10:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Nick.d
OMG can you imagine how they must be feeling. I had my passports back yesterday with a nice big juicy stamp in to say I can stay in Australia indefinitely......... now I am worried in case my sponsor pulls out......... bloody hell, this really is a rocky rd to go down. Makes me feel that I should have left the country yesterday ready to start work next week, before the sponsoring company decides to call it a day.
Dont think like that Nick - you've come a long way .. just keep thinking good positive thoughts about your move to Aus !!! ...
Old Dec 5th 2008, 11:59 am
Forum Regular

Nick.d is just really niceNick.d is just really niceNick.d is just really niceNick.d is just really niceNick.d is just really niceNick.d is just really niceNick.d is just really niceNick.d is just really niceNick.d is just really niceNick.d is just really niceNick.d is just really nice

Originally Posted by janjanxx
Dont think like that Nick - you've come a long way .. just keep thinking good positive thoughts about your move to Aus !!! ...
Yes you are probably right, but that news was a bit deflating, after the joy of seeing that stamp in my passport. I have decided to ring the boss of my sponsoring company on Sunday night to try and guage how things stand.

On another note, I have letting agents coming around on Monday and Pickfords Removals on Wednesday to advise on all things re moving abroad.

Nick
Old Dec 5th 2008, 12:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Nick.d
Yes you are probably right, but that news was a bit deflating, after the joy of seeing that stamp in my passport. I have decided to ring the boss of my sponsoring company on Sunday night to try and guage how things stand.

On another note, I have letting agents coming around on Monday and Pickfords Removals on Wednesday to advise on all things re moving abroad.

Nick
Lucky you - wish we were at that stage this hanging about uncertain of when or if is driving me nuts ....

But when it comes BIGGGGG BIG for my CO ...
Old Dec 5th 2008, 9:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute

just read the original thread on the other forum. Its not actually been cancelled yet - just the employer pulling out.

Although it can be cancelled in this situation doesn't mean it will be. It does say about cancellation its not intended to be used if the fault is not of the employees making or something to that effect or intended to disadvantage a genuine effort making holder. I know not even being here yet may not make a strong case but they made the effort- selling up etc- and maybe they still have a slim chance.

scary though!
Old Dec 6th 2008, 8:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Twinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really nice

Absolute commiserations to any and all who are caught up in the current turmoil....except the bankers and short sellers.

I have to say, this process is a real teacher of humility, resilience and scary-ass living on your nerves....!!

I am starting to believe that visas which do not rely on an employer are looking less financially attractive, but more viable, having originally looked on in envy at folks getting in in a matter of months.

Whatever your visa, I wish you all luck in the coming months, anmd I hope the couple who have had such bad luck will find a solution - another employer?

Twinset
Old Dec 6th 2008, 2:45 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Safin
just read the original thread on the other forum. Its not actually been cancelled yet - just the employer pulling out.

Although it can be cancelled in this situation doesn't mean it will be. It does say about cancellation its not intended to be used if the fault is not of the employees making or something to that effect or intended to disadvantage a genuine effort making holder. I know not even being here yet may not make a strong case but they made the effort- selling up etc- and maybe they still have a slim chance.
You are talking about the special RSMS cancellation provisions.

This is a different situation. RSMS and ENS visas can be cancelled if the employer withdraws sponsorship before validation.

The only way to protect this risk is to validate the visa (at least, main applicant should validate).

In the original poster's situation, I'd recommend contacting a good agent (eg George Lombard in Sydney) to review the case and see if anything can be done to persuade DIAC to decide not to cancel. Especially if the preparations for a move have been made.
Old Dec 6th 2008, 11:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute

didn't realise employer sponsored visas validated in the same way as 175/176 - but then I've only really looked at the onshore versions.