Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

RRV - substantial employment tie of benefit to Australia

RRV - substantial employment tie of benefit to Australia

Old Feb 9th 2012, 3:12 pm
Just Joined

BigChris is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: RRV - substantial employment tie of benefit to Australia

Hi glad to hear you got your RRV so quickly. My visa expired last year and it's over 5 years since I left after less than 6 months there due to DW health problems. I'm currently trying to secure a job offer, but will also need to go down the compelling reasons route. Anyone got any ideas what documentation I can use to prove compelling/compassionate grounds based on DW health. RRV Form 1085 does not go into any detail as to what would be acceptable?

If not may have to go for ENS route.

BC
Old Feb 9th 2012, 4:24 pm
Forum Regular

joojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Please post your actual source so that it can be verified. The info on RRV is also on BE at http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Reside...Visa-Australia and on the official source at http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/resi...-documents.htm
----------------
I got the info from George Lombard Consultancy's website.

http://austimmigration.com.au/site/?q=node/8#rrv005
Old Feb 9th 2012, 8:34 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by joojay
----------------
I got the info from George Lombard Consultancy's website.

http://austimmigration.com.au/site/?q=node/8#rrv005
Great stuff, thanks
Old Feb 10th 2012, 12:22 pm
Look a star

zzidane will become famous soon enough

Hi Shaoile,

Just been reading the thread. I was in the same situation, lived in Perth for just under two years, but had to leave for personal reasons. Our visas expire march 2012 but we can not get back before then. I applied for the 5 Year RRV in Dec and was granted 4 days later. Together with the application I sent a job offer along with a letter from my future employer stating his trouble employing exeperience people from within Australia. We also sent a stat dec regarding the reason why we had to leave and why we want to return.
I think rather than just sending an application they wish to see that you are actively trying to get back out there.
We used Ian Harrop and associates tel - 01793 822 492 Jenny was our main contact.
As time is running out I would def reccomend using an agent as any mistakes could ruin your chances completely.
Hope this helps

Pete
Old Feb 11th 2012, 11:50 pm
Forum Regular

Benaud is on a distinguished road

Can someone on this thread please advise on the below point as my RRV will expire quite soon -

•if you have been absent for more than five continuous years since your last departure from Australia as an Australian permanent resident or Australian citizen, you must provide evidence of compelling reasons for your absence over five years.

On this point "absent for more than five continuous years since your last departure from Australia" - does spending a few weeks each year in Australia exclude me from the above statement of not being absent, as I holidayed in 2010 and 2011 while investigating work opporunity etc as a Permanent Resident but am still in the UK at the moment.

If this is the case I would then just need to provide evidence of substantial business, cultural, employment or personal ties of benefit to Australia
but at least not have to provide "compelling reasons for absence over five years"?

Thanks
Old Feb 12th 2012, 2:24 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Benaud
Can someone on this thread please advise on the below point as my RRV will expire quite soon -

•if you have been absent for more than five continuous years since your last departure from Australia as an Australian permanent resident or Australian citizen, you must provide evidence of compelling reasons for your absence over five years.

On this point "absent for more than five continuous years since your last departure from Australia" - does spending a few weeks each year in Australia exclude me from the above statement of not being absent, as I holidayed in 2010 and 2011 while investigating work opporunity etc as a Permanent Resident but am still in the UK at the moment.

If this is the case I would then just need to provide evidence of substantial business, cultural, employment or personal ties of benefit to Australia
but at least not have to provide "compelling reasons for absence over five years"?
As far as I understand, if you used your permanent visa to visit Australia in 2010 and 2011, the 5 year absence clock for "compelling reasons" does not start ticking until your last departure. You still need to show substantial ties, although your visits might help that. You could consider professional assistance.
Old Feb 12th 2012, 10:29 am
Forum Regular

Benaud is on a distinguished road

Good to know that visiting Australia over the last few years as a PR does hopefully count in my favour but yes I understand I will still need to show substantial ties.

@John - any chance you could provide that experts name so I can contact them and get professional advice?

Benaud
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 1:54 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by zzidane
Hi Shaoile,

Just been reading the thread. I was in the same situation, lived in Perth for just under two years, but had to leave for personal reasons. Our visas expire march 2012 but we can not get back before then. I applied for the 5 Year RRV in Dec and was granted 4 days later. Together with the application I sent a job offer along with a letter from my future employer stating his trouble employing exeperience people from within Australia. We also sent a stat dec regarding the reason why we had to leave and why we want to return.
I think rather than just sending an application they wish to see that you are actively trying to get back out there.
We used Ian Harrop and associates tel - 01793 822 492 Jenny was our main contact.
As time is running out I would def reccomend using an agent as any mistakes could ruin your chances completely.
Hope this helps

Pete
Hi Pete

Good to hear that you got your RRV. Can I ask did you attach any supporting evidence eg doctors notes, etc to your stat dec at all please?

BC
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 3:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

Just in case this post has been overlooked by those of you without any automatic right to a RRV, you will now only get a RRV of one year's duration - http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=748997
Old Feb 24th 2012, 11:10 am
Just Joined

Thanks, I'd missed that. I take it that wouldn't be a problem as long as we stayed for 2 years or more after securing the RRV. Would it be likely that we could get a 3 month temp return visa for emergency reasons for leaving Australia after the year was up?
Old Feb 24th 2012, 12:07 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigChris
Thanks, I'd missed that. I take it that wouldn't be a problem as long as we stayed for 2 years or more after securing the RRV. Would it be likely that we could get a 3 month temp return visa for emergency reasons for leaving Australia after the year was up?
If you get the 1 year RRV, move to Australia and need to travel after that 1 year RRV is up, then (with "substantial ties") you would generally get another 1 year RRV.

However you've told us that it's more than 5 years since you last were in Australia which means you need to show "compelling and compassionate reasons" as well as substantial ties. I would recommend professional assistance - Ian Harrop is a good choice (search forum for contact details). Don't take well meaning advice from others whose situation may not have been the same as yours. Especially if they did not need to show compelling reasons. What documentation do you need to show - well, if it's medical based, then provide certified copies the medical documentation. Don't expect a case officer to assume anything.

Last edited by JAJ; Feb 24th 2012 at 12:15 pm.