RRV online for child?

Old May 8th 2013, 1:36 pm
Forum Regular

taylor25 has a brilliant futuretaylor25 has a brilliant futuretaylor25 has a brilliant futuretaylor25 has a brilliant futuretaylor25 has a brilliant futuretaylor25 has a brilliant futuretaylor25 has a brilliant future
Default RRV online for child?

Hi, wondering if anyone can help me please, we are currently in UK.

I am going to be submitting for a 5 year RRV for myself and my daughter very shortly (current PR expires 22.05.13)
We have both completed 2 years within the last 5 years, and just recently went for a months holiday.

Can I apply online for both myself and daughter or do I need to send by post for daughters (she is 8)
Do I have to send off passports? I do have the forms printed and its a little misleading on form checklist as it asks for all sort of proof of ties to Australia, but am I correct in thinking as we have spent 2 out of the last 5 years in oz, we don't need anymore info??
Also it doesn't accept debit card payment on the postal form, is this the same via online as I don't own a credit card! if not is ok to use my parents? (they will know obv)

I also take it we wont have to re-validate like with initial PR?

My daughters dad (also from UK, we emigrated together but then split) stayed on in oz after we left in 2011 so he is now eligible for citizenship as has spent 5 continuous years there in October. Will our daughter be eligible for citizenship through him one day/straight away? (once he has done his obv)

We do plan on moving back to oz within next year or 2 years max, hence getting the RRV, so will oneday have citizenship ourselves but in worst case scenario I am just wondering if our daughter would be able to get this through her father?

Thanks in advance

kelly
Old May 9th 2013, 9:02 am
Forum Regular

fitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to all
Default Re: RRV online for child?

hi,
i'm sure they recently changed the policy on RRV,changing from offering 5yrs to 1yr.
i think it's best if you check the government web page.

hope this helps.

just rechecked,you're ok,,new rule only applies if you have not completed 2yrs in oz,,,,,

like you i'm returning to oz on a resident return visa.

hope it works out for you.

all the best...

Last edited by fitz; May 9th 2013 at 9:12 am.
Old May 9th 2013, 9:34 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fitz
hi,
i'm sure they recently changed the policy on RRV,changing from offering 5yrs to 1yr.
i think it's best if you check the government web page.

hope this helps.

just rechecked,you're ok,,new rule only applies if you have not completed 2yrs in oz,,,,,

like you i'm returning to oz on a resident return visa.

hope it works out for you.

all the best...
There is still a 5 year RRV for people who meet the requirements.

The OP should have a read of
http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Reside...Visa-Australia and follow the links from there to the DIAC website for more info
Old May 13th 2013, 2:44 am
Forum Regular

taylor25 has a brilliant futuretaylor25 has a brilliant futuretaylor25 has a brilliant futuretaylor25 has a brilliant futuretaylor25 has a brilliant futuretaylor25 has a brilliant futuretaylor25 has a brilliant future

Thanks for replies but I already am aware that I qualify for 5 year RRV, ( just had a very expensive month long trip to oz as needed a few more days to qualify, so this isn't my query, but thanks for replies anyway)

My main question was if I can apply online for my 8 year old? And can I pay online via debit card ( don't own a credit card) if via post can I use someone else's credit card? ( parents will pay and sign the form)

Also my second question was that now my ex will shortly applying for citizenship ( he stayed in in oz and has been there 5 years in oct) will this mean that my daughter will eligible for citizenship ?

Many thanks in advance .
Old May 13th 2013, 2:55 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by taylor25
My main question was if I can apply online for my 8 year old? And can I pay online via debit card ( don't own a credit card) if via post can I use someone else's credit card? ( parents will pay and sign the form)
If you didn't get an answer, then no-one knows. So your options (outside Australia) are either to a. try the online process, or b. make a paper application.

There's probably also the option to forget the whole idea, although that means your daughter has no RRV so that is probably not what you want.

Passports may not be needed, since it's all electronic. But do send copies of ID page. No, you don't need to "re-validate". RRVs do not have a first entry date condition.

Also my second question was that now my ex will shortly applying for citizenship ( he stayed in in oz and has been there 5 years in oct) will this mean that my daughter will eligible for citizenship ?
Recommended to download and read the Australian Citizenship Instructions.
http://www.citizenship.gov.au/learn/law-and-policy/

Pay particular attention to section 5.10.5.
Note the comments that the child should normally be living with the responsible parent. But are there shared parenting/custody arrangements in place?

Your former spouse should probably get his own citizenship first, and then do a stand-alone citizenship application for your child. Especially since she is not close to age 16.

If he tries to add her to his own application at the outset, that could run a risk of delay to everything since your child's eligibility is not clear from the facts presented.
Old May 13th 2013, 3:12 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for reply .

my parents just paid over 20 grand for me and daughter ( and them) to oz for a month to complete the extra days we needed so we were completed the 2 out of 5 year rule to get a 5 year RRV, so don't think it would go down well for me to just leave RRV lol ( was also my 30th bday present)

We love oz and only left due to very extreme circumstances, so after getting back in track I want to move back ASAP!

The citizenship through her father I am not overly fussed about as once we move back and have spent the required time their we will do ourselves, so was just wondering really.

I think I will just give high commission visanumber another call and see what they option they suggest as they are usually very good just thought I would give here a go first.

Thanks for replys, wasn't meant to sound ungrateful, I appreciate all reply's and understand sometimes the answer is just not known.

Thanks all
Old May 13th 2013, 4:06 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by taylor25
The citizenship through her father I am not overly fussed about as once we move back and have spent the required time their we will do ourselves, so was just wondering really.
It's in her interest to be a citizen as soon as possible if her future is in Australia. When you resume residence, and if her father is a citizen by then, I think an application for her to become a citizen should have a reasonable chance of success. Especially if you have some form of shared custody and she spends some of her time with him. Also - the application fee for citizenship for a child is A$130 (stand-alone application), that's all you would have to lose.
Old May 13th 2013, 4:29 am
Forum Regular

Thanks so much for that JAJ, really good advice.

At the moment she is only seeing him once a year due to distance but once we resume residence in oz he would have her maybe one night every weekend like he did previously (he works odd hours but we get on well and he is able to see her /have her stay whenever he wants.

Thanks x