RRV Enquiry

Old Jul 25th 2014, 2:05 am
Forum Regular

9999 has a brilliant future9999 has a brilliant future9999 has a brilliant future9999 has a brilliant future9999 has a brilliant future9999 has a brilliant future9999 has a brilliant future
Default RRV Enquiry

Hi Folks,

My PR Visa travelling sticker expires on 21 september 2014.
I have total spent 15 months in Australia. I do have compelling reasons for my absence( Parents Health). IS it advisable to lodge a RRV before my visa expiry or I can apply laters?

I have to visit my country in december for marriage.I have confirmed my ticket.

Pls valuable suggestions
Old Jul 25th 2014, 2:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RRV Enquiry

You don't need to have compelling reasons for your absence, although the old chestnut about parents health might not cut the mustard even if you did. Compelling reasons for absence apply when you have been absent for more than five years.

In your case, to get a RRV, you need to show close ties to Australia - assuming you are not in the country at the moment, do you have any?

Or are you living in the country at the moment? In which case this is relatively straight forward.
Old Aug 1st 2014, 3:14 pm
Forum Regular

9999 has a brilliant future9999 has a brilliant future9999 has a brilliant future9999 has a brilliant future9999 has a brilliant future9999 has a brilliant future9999 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
You don't need to have compelling reasons for your absence, although the old chestnut about parents health might not cut the mustard even if you did. Compelling reasons for absence apply when you have been absent for more than five years.

In your case, to get a RRV, you need to show close ties to Australia - assuming you are not in the country at the moment, do you have any?

Or are you living in the country at the moment? In which case this is relatively straight forward.
I am in australia currently. I dont have a job. What sort of close ties I can show?

Thanks
Old Aug 1st 2014, 6:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 9999
I am in australia currently. I dont have a job. What sort of close ties I can show?

Thanks
Well what ties do you have? I don't know that..
Old Aug 2nd 2014, 9:58 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
Do you own a house? Property? Are you a student? Do you have kids at school here?
Old Sep 1st 2014, 4:47 am
Forum Regular

I am not married... I am a IT contractor... and Plus I am a member of multicultural arts of victoria.

I have all the medical records to show that my parents are in serious health issues thats why I was not able to complete 2 years in Australia.

My visa expires on 21 sep.. I ll apply for visa in november.. My marriage is scheduled in Dec2014.

what do u guys suggest? Should I apply for 3 months or for 5 years?

In some cases Case officers have assigned 5 years of RRV even if the candidates has not completed 2 years in Aus
Old Sep 1st 2014, 7:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I am not married... I am a IT contractor... and Plus I am a member of multicultural arts of victoria.

I have all the medical records to show that my parents are in serious health issues thats why I was not able to complete 2 years in Australia.

My visa expires on 21 sep.. I ll apply for visa in november.. My marriage is scheduled in Dec2014.

what do u guys suggest? Should I apply for 3 months or for 5 years?

In some cases Case officers have assigned 5 years of RRV even if the candidates has not completed 2 years in Aus
You don't need to show why you left, you need to show substantial ties. Ties might be family or perhaps a job offer.