rrv and citizenship?

Old Mar 20th 2016, 11:10 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: rrv and citizenship?

Originally Posted by brian.w
I will give it a try next week if i get a chance,but how come you say the only look at last 4 yrs in june that be 3 yrs for me since i arrived.
As i have said im not saying everyone is wrong or them that deals with it but its the being here only since june 2013,validate trip for 1 month in jan 2009 and again holiday dec 2009 for 1 month or there about and being back in the uk 10 months of that year and in uk 2010,11,12 and until we left for oz june 13.
But i not ask if or why or but.it seems to be the way it is and i just can't take it in being in uk most of that time in 09 and other years until moving just dont get it.
I thought it had to be 4 yrs with no breaks.
Wifes one is straight forward needs four years since date of arrivibg here in 2013.
The 4 years prior to June 2016 will give June 2012 onwards

June 2012 - june 2013 - Absent (the 12 months allowed)

June 2013 - June 2016 - present in Australia

So in the 4 years prior to application you will have had 4 years residence, with no more than 12 months absence since residence began when you validated

All good to go - or wait another year if you don't want any absence and do it at the same time as your wife
Old Mar 20th 2016, 11:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
Brian this has been explained to you over and over again. You need four years since you first entered Australia on your permanent visa with a maximum allowance of 12 months out or the country. That is why your validation visit counts.

But if you still cannot grasp it or still doubt it, well then don't apply for citizenship just now. Wait until four years after your permanent move if that makes you happier.
So the validation trip is the key word i just thought it being way back having return straight after it and then being in ok for several years after that it not count but does which is better for me. Thanks
Old Mar 20th 2016, 11:25 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

For other readers passing by, only 1 year of the residence needs to be as PR, and as long as you held a valid visa (even a tourist visa) 4 years before applying, and satisfy the other criteria then you should be okay to apply for citizenship.
Old Apr 11th 2016, 1:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice

Right I'm back I know I'm a few month away from applying but least I will have the answers in advance when that time comes unless something changes.
I will call them up to make sure but last time I called they said June 2016 I can apply but due to me being back to uk for three weeks then I suppose be around 22nd June or thereabouts.
I have printed out the application just to see what it's asking but more than likely be done online so maybe a little different but I'm sure there be same questions etc.

I have to look at the info page supplied in more details required but just going through some of the questions on the application was:

Q9-Residential address in last 5 yrs I take all good to list uk address as will not have been here 5 yrs I know silly but do they really want to know you stayed in uk previous to that.

Q16-Do you or have you ever held citizenship of any other country yes/no. Answer to this yes being British.
But asking current or previous so current lol.
But says date acquired and date ended?? Was this when I was born to when??

Q17-list all countries where you hold permanent residence and are not citizen?- I take this is just Australia as reason I'm applying for citizenship and am pr here in oz.

Q21- do you have or have you ever had any national identity docs or numbers (including birth registration numbers,social security cards etc yes or no?
What are they asking for here? A birth cert from me? If so what else or are they talking about something else, national insurance number from uk? ?

Q23- have you ever held an Australian visa other than your current visa? Yes or no. I did have one back in 2004 when I was traveling around Australia any point in saying I had this,what difference will it make saying no less info to fill in.

Q27- are you including any children under 16 yrs of age that you are responsible parent of in this application? Yes or no I have daughter 3yrs 7 months but she is under a different visa from mine?
And my newborn son is already a citizen buy being born here in oz so can exclude him.
So if saying no to this question why go to part c and fill in parents details?

I must stress that I applied and got granted my visa before I met my now wife and before daughter was born,I'm able to apply for citizenship in June where as wife and daughter can't until next June.
So really if I had to fill in parent part there why or or just me or leave it out.

I'm lead to believe as my daughter is under my wife's visa she has to do it with her one?

Q34- have you lived or travelled outside for periods totalling 12 months or more since you where granted a pr visa? Yes or no well as I was granted in 2008, came to oz 2009 to validate,went back to uk and came back again end of 2009 with wife to be for holiday. Then that was me back in uk from then on till June 2013 when we moved. So I take yes and uk?
The question relates to penal clearance which yes I am aware will need to get another.

As daughter is under wife visa and they have still a year left till they can apply that excludes daughter on mine?

We have talked about this before and I will confirm by phoning them before I apply but I should ignore the below which is in the info sheets with the application:

Pr must:
Have been living in oz on a valid oz visa for 4 yrs immediately before applying which must include the last 12 months as a pr resident and

Not have been absent from oz for more than one year in the past 4 years including no more than 90 days in the year before applying

odged 21st nov 2007
granted 14 august 2008
came in jan 2009 if i remember to validate visa
and moved here 1st june 2013 to live.

As you guys have said previous and if they confirm over phone yes I'm hood to apply in June 2016 then I just ignore that above.
I have only been back to uk For 3 weeks since arriving June 2013 and as said before was here 2009 to validate and again 2009 on holiday.

Think that's it covered everything else looks ok just the above stuff not 100% sure about.

Thanks in advance.
Im still couple of months off from applying for mine and daughters citizenship,wife still has another year yet i have another question.

Part c- your parents/adoptive parents question 31:
This is daughters mum or should i say wife it asks- has the parent/adoptive parent been known by any other names?
I ticked yes her maiden name.
I take i am right in saying this?
As im sure i seen required evidence was required of this ie marriage cert.
But i believe as this is for me and daughter not relevant,im just wondering as wife surname has changed i need to provide marriage cert?
But as said this application is not for her.

Just curious its been weeks where i had that question to ask and was unsure.
Im pre filling out form so when i can apply online i have all the answers on the forms to hand.
Im pretty postive the rest is easy enough and no futher help will be required but watch this space.
Old Apr 12th 2016, 3:23 am
Forum Regular

Croker has a reputation beyond reputeCroker has a reputation beyond reputeCroker has a reputation beyond reputeCroker has a reputation beyond reputeCroker has a reputation beyond reputeCroker has a reputation beyond reputeCroker has a reputation beyond reputeCroker has a reputation beyond reputeCroker has a reputation beyond reputeCroker has a reputation beyond reputeCroker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
For other readers passing by, only 1 year of the residence needs to be as PR, and as long as you held a valid visa (even a tourist visa) 4 years before applying, and satisfy the other criteria then you should be okay to apply for citizenship.
Actually, I'm curious about this in light of the waiting times for being granted PR under 801. I've just lodged my application for 820/801 a couple of days ago, having come to Australia in October 2015 on a PMV.

Now, judging by the waiting times (12-15 months from date of eligibility for 801), it seems unlikely for me to be formally granted PR until somewhere around July 2019.

How, therefore, do they count the 1 year of residence as PR? Is it 12 months only after the date of grant? Or 12 months after my date of eligibility?

By my reckoning I'd be eligible to apply for citizenship in October 2019, but that's only if they consider me to have been a permanent resident from April 2018. If they count me as having PR only from the date of the grant of the visa, then I guess I'd only be eligible to apply for citizenship in approx. July 2020.

Is my reading of this right? Any ideas/thoughts? And apologies for throwing things off-topic a bit!
Old Apr 12th 2016, 4:05 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Croker
Actually, I'm curious about this in light of the waiting times for being granted PR under 801. I've just lodged my application for 820/801 a couple of days ago, having come to Australia in October 2015 on a PMV.

Now, judging by the waiting times (12-15 months from date of eligibility for 801), it seems unlikely for me to be formally granted PR until somewhere around July 2019.

How, therefore, do they count the 1 year of residence as PR? Is it 12 months only after the date of grant? Or 12 months after my date of eligibility?

By my reckoning I'd be eligible to apply for citizenship in October 2019, but that's only if they consider me to have been a permanent resident from April 2018. If they count me as having PR only from the date of the grant of the visa, then I guess I'd only be eligible to apply for citizenship in approx. July 2020.

Is my reading of this right? Any ideas/thoughts? And apologies for throwing things off-topic a bit!
You'll need to do 12 months as a PR from the date of the PR actually being granted. Unfortunately the waiting time only counts as Temporary Residence.
Old Apr 12th 2016, 4:11 am
Forum Regular

Croker has a reputation beyond reputeCroker has a reputation beyond reputeCroker has a reputation beyond reputeCroker has a reputation beyond reputeCroker has a reputation beyond reputeCroker has a reputation beyond reputeCroker has a reputation beyond reputeCroker has a reputation beyond reputeCroker has a reputation beyond reputeCroker has a reputation beyond reputeCroker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
You'll need to do 12 months as a PR from the date of the PR actually being granted. Unfortunately the waiting time only counts as Temporary Residence.
Thanks, Pollyana, much appreciated. Looking like July 2020 before I can apply for citizenship, then. I know it's a long way down the track and that I've got other hurdles to clamber over first, but I was just trying to get an idea of what the future timeline may look like. Cheers!
Old Apr 12th 2016, 4:14 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Croker
Thanks, Pollyana, much appreciated. Looking like July 2020 before I can apply for citizenship, then. I know it's a long way down the track and that I've got other hurdles to clamber over first, but I was just trying to get an idea of what the future timeline may look like. Cheers!
Yeah, its a good idea to know roughly hen the end should be in sight! One can only hope that the PR grants speed up a bit
Old Apr 12th 2016, 4:39 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Im still couple of months off from applying for mine and daughters citizenship,wife still has another year yet i have another question.

Part c- your parents/adoptive parents question 31:
This is daughters mum or should i say wife it asks- has the parent/adoptive parent been known by any other names?
I ticked yes her maiden name.
I take i am right in saying this?
As im sure i seen required evidence was required of this ie marriage cert.
But i believe as this is for me and daughter not relevant,im just wondering as wife surname has changed i need to provide marriage cert?
But as said this application is not for her.

Just curious its been weeks where i had that question to ask and was unsure.
Im pre filling out form so when i can apply online i have all the answers on the forms to hand.
Im pretty postive the rest is easy enough and no futher help will be required but watch this space.
Brian, I am going to suggest that you engage the services of a MARA registered migration agent for any future enquiries. You have asked the same questions numerous times and don't seem able or willing to understand the answers given. You have even had a genuine offer from me to come to your home or meet you to help in person but you pooh poohed that offer. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that there are more posters here than just myself who have given up on offering anything more to you.

And on that note I will now add your name to my ignore list. I wish you luck.
Old Apr 12th 2016, 4:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Ok thanks for your help,i only asked one question there,in regards yes was great of you to offer your help but i did manage to find friends of wife etc etc to sign the papers.
I dont think my latest question was asked last time.

My citizenship and daughters to apply for in few months and wife next year after that dont see me having much to ask after that.
Have received the evidence of citizenship for our son and his uk passport and just the other day handed in my application for his oz passport. So as i have been through that with son have good idea with mine and daughter but thats way down the line. And once im passed this citizenship in a few months then wife's next year should be easy.
As i said dont see where i asked my latest question in past?

And i sure would not pay for an agent,yes when i did mine back in 2008 but it was far from straight forward with my job etc etc. This and getting my wife and daughter was the only times i used an agent and was costly.

Last edited by brian.w; Apr 12th 2016 at 5:04 am.
Old Jun 15th 2016, 12:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ok thanks for your help,i only asked one question there,in regards yes was great of you to offer your help but i did manage to find friends of wife etc etc to sign the papers.
I dont think my latest question was asked last time.

My citizenship and daughters to apply for in few months and wife next year after that dont see me having much to ask after that.
Have received the evidence of citizenship for our son and his uk passport and just the other day handed in my application for his oz passport. So as i have been through that with son have good idea with mine and daughter but thats way down the line. And once im passed this citizenship in a few months then wife's next year should be easy.
As i said dont see where i asked my latest question in past?

And i sure would not pay for an agent,yes when i did mine back in 2008 but it was far from straight forward with my job etc etc. This and getting my wife and daughter was the only times i used an agent and was costly.
Ok less than two weeks then i can apply fot citizenship on question 23 its asks if i have had a australian visa other than current one.
Well yes i traveled around oz in 2004 on a working holiday visa.which im sure i have dates for on old passport.

Now nothing is said on that about showing evidence but looking at the general eligibility form which provides some helpful info on page 3 of this it asks:

Evidence of when first arrived in oz and present country of citizenship,and then says current and previous passport.
Now do they just want the page of my details of my new and old passport?
Or would they want dates of when i first arrived in australia?does this mean back in 2004 when traveling or when i validated in 2009.
And if so are the looking for pages where my passport was stamped or if its to do with my working visa from 2004 that visa i had as its in my old one.
Im not 100% sure whats asked for here cant they just do checks with just your passport photo page?

And i may have asked this question before so sorry to ask again but any documents i submit they all need to be certified right?
Im doing this online.

Thanks in advance
Old Jun 15th 2016, 12:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

And on question 31 and 30 of part g your parents last question on them it says parents ever held oz citizenship which is no but under that there is boxes with present country of citizenship and other same but present country of pr i take i fill these in must have missed that out before.
I have all these pre filled out on paper application but plan on doing online application just makes it quicker for me when doing it online with info in front of me.
Old Jun 16th 2016, 2:55 am

Ok less than two weeks then i can apply fot citizenship on question 23 its asks if i have had a australian visa other than current one.
Well yes i traveled around oz in 2004 on a working holiday visa.which im sure i have dates for on old passport.

Now nothing is said on that about showing evidence but looking at the general eligibility form which provides some helpful info on page 3 of this it asks:

Evidence of when first arrived in oz and present country of citizenship,and then says current and previous passport.
Now do they just want the page of my details of my new and old passport?
Or would they want dates of when i first arrived in australia?does this mean back in 2004 when traveling or when i validated in 2009.
And if so are the looking for pages where my passport was stamped or if its to do with my working visa from 2004 that visa i had as its in my old one.
Im not 100% sure whats asked for here cant they just do checks with just your passport photo page?

And i may have asked this question before so sorry to ask again but any documents i submit they all need to be certified right?
Im doing this online.

Thanks in advance
And on question 31 and 30 of part g your parents last question on them it says parents ever held oz citizenship which is no but under that there is boxes with present country of citizenship and other same but present country of pr i take i fill these in must have missed that out before.
I have all these pre filled out on paper application but plan on doing online application just makes it quicker for me when doing it online with info in front of me.
It says passport not bio page of passport - and if you read it says :

If you lodge your application online you must bring the
following to your citizenship appointment for yourself and any
children included in your application:
• form 1195 Identity declaration with one current endorsed
photograph. This form is completed, and the photograph
endorsed by a person with the appropriate authority. See
Identity declarations – list of professions on page 9
• originals of the documents you have listed in
Part D – Identity documents
• originals of other supporting documents, if required.

The parent questions are straightforward - not sure what your issue with these are.
Old Jun 16th 2016, 3:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
It says passport not bio page of passport - and if you read it says :

The parent questions are straightforward - not sure what your issue with these are.
So in regards to question 23 what am i providing them the visa i had when traveling that year or/and pages where my visa was stamped entry and depart.
So its got nothing to do with the photo bio part of my passport?

I will use that bio page for other documents they need.

Ok cool on the other questions about parents must have missed them when filling out forms,i be doing it online so may differ a little but im sure most questions be same.

Sorry to repeat myself but any documents i upload online i can just do these from originals but anything that not a proper document i need to get certified?

Like i be uploaded driving licence,utility bill these be classed as original but the likes of whats asked above regarding passport visa etc from 2004?

Just dont want to upload and find they wanted certified but as mentioned they do ask you to bring originals to appointment so any need to get stuff certified?

Again thanks for providing me the info

Everything else i have in place the id part,signing form and photos etc. Just regarding the 2004 working holiday visa thing is all i need to know whats asked for ie that now cancel visa in my old passport or dates i was in oz then or both.

I maybe wrong and i have looked at my application several times but i dont need to prove my pr right? Or my daughters? As if they check up they know right? Or would i need to prove this by providing pr grand letter? When it comes to daughters it be more difficult as she was under my wife's visa.
So will say my daughter on first letter as it was a partner visa,second grant letter to say wife had pr dont think there was any mention of daughter on that.
But she is as they both where under same visa.

Just curious if pr letters are required if not ignore all that i said above.

Last edited by brian.w; Jun 16th 2016 at 3:33 am. Reason: Add more
Old Jun 16th 2016, 4:49 am

So in regards to question 23 what am i providing them the visa i had when traveling that year or/and pages where my visa was stamped entry and depart.
So its got nothing to do with the photo bio part of my passport?

I will use that bio page for other documents they need.

Ok cool on the other questions about parents must have missed them when filling out forms,i be doing it online so may differ a little but im sure most questions be same.

Sorry to repeat myself but any documents i upload online i can just do these from originals but anything that not a proper document i need to get certified?

Like i be uploaded driving licence,utility bill these be classed as original but the likes of whats asked above regarding passport visa etc from 2004?

Just dont want to upload and find they wanted certified but as mentioned they do ask you to bring originals to appointment so any need to get stuff certified?

Again thanks for providing me the info

Everything else i have in place the id part,signing form and photos etc. Just regarding the 2004 working holiday visa thing is all i need to know whats asked for ie that now cancel visa in my old passport or dates i was in oz then or both.

I maybe wrong and i have looked at my application several times but i dont need to prove my pr right? Or my daughters? As if they check up they know right? Or would i need to prove this by providing pr grand letter? When it comes to daughters it be more difficult as she was under my wife's visa.
So will say my daughter on first letter as it was a partner visa,second grant letter to say wife had pr dont think there was any mention of daughter on that.
But she is as they both where under same visa.

Just curious if pr letters are required if not ignore all that i said above.
Brian, do you set out to make things difficult for yourself?

I can only see that you bring originals to your appointment if applying online and not upload documents but I could be wrong - still need to apply myself. Where does it say you need to upload copies?

Edit - nevermind, think I found it :

Identity document checklist
Attach certified copies of relevant documents to your
application. Bring the original documents to your appointment
That says certified copies of documents - and all of your passport, front to back, every page would be my guess.

Last edited by old.sparkles; Jun 16th 2016 at 4:51 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.