Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

RRV after PR visa expiry, but for job in NZ?

RRV after PR visa expiry, but for job in NZ?

Old Oct 18th 2015, 7:43 pm
Forum Regular

flanagaj is a name known to allflanagaj is a name known to allflanagaj is a name known to allflanagaj is a name known to allflanagaj is a name known to allflanagaj is a name known to allflanagaj is a name known to allflanagaj is a name known to allflanagaj is a name known to allflanagaj is a name known to allflanagaj is a name known to all
Default RRV after PR visa expiry, but for job in NZ?

As most of you will know, our PR visa expired April 2015 and we don't meet the criteria for an RRV. A potential job opportunity in NZ has come about and I wonder whether a job offer from an NZ company will enable me to get an RRV so we can go to NZ?

I know a job offer in Aus would enable me to apply for an RRV, just wondered whether an NZ job offer will be accepted.
Old Oct 18th 2015, 8:21 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RRV after PR visa expiry, but for job in NZ?

Originally Posted by flanagaj
As most of you will know, our PR visa expired April 2015 and we don't meet the criteria for an RRV. A potential job opportunity in NZ has come about and I wonder whether a job offer from an NZ company will enable me to get an RRV so we can go to NZ?

I know a job offer in Aus would enable me to apply for an RRV, just wondered whether an NZ job offer will be accepted.
No. Won't make any difference to the RRV application I'm afraid.
Old Oct 18th 2015, 8:26 pm
Forum Regular

flanagaj is a name known to allflanagaj is a name known to allflanagaj is a name known to allflanagaj is a name known to allflanagaj is a name known to allflanagaj is a name known to allflanagaj is a name known to allflanagaj is a name known to allflanagaj is a name known to allflanagaj is a name known to allflanagaj is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Pollyana
No. Won't make any difference to the RRV application I'm afraid.
Ok. Thanks for confirming.
Old Oct 23rd 2015, 6:29 pm
Forum Regular

Ok. One final question and I'll put this one to bed. I am looking at leaving the corporate sector and going back to my roots as a furniture maker / carpenter. Although my visa was granted for IT, would I be able to get an RRV if I had a job offer but for a non IT related occupation?
Old Oct 24th 2015, 5:28 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by flanagaj
Ok. One final question and I'll put this one to bed. I am looking at leaving the corporate sector and going back to my roots as a furniture maker / carpenter. Although my visa was granted for IT, would I be able to get an RRV if I had a job offer but for a non IT related occupation?
Yes, there's no insistence on you working in the original skill, any job offer would be good.