RRV

Old Feb 26th 2015, 12:04 am
BE Enthusiast

chance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond repute
Default RRV

Hi, may sound a daft question but I'm wondering if this is a possibility. I have a 5yr RRV which runs out next year. Personal circumstances mean its pretty likely I won't be able to move to aus for 5ys (carer). So, next year I was going to apply for 1yr RRV, and I was wondering, now 5yr RRV is not possible for me, could I just continue to get a 1yr RRV annually until the 5yrs are up? Can you renew a 1yr RRV annually or do you just have one chance at it and then would get rejected if you tried for another one the following year? I really don't want to lose the opportunity to move out in 5yrs when I already have my pR and at 46, I wouldn't be able to successfully restart this process afresh. I was thinking it might be worth flying out this year and explain situation in person (maybe they'd grant 5yr as exception???) - is there any mileage in travelling to aus to do this? I've been away well over 2yrs
Thanks in advance
CTB
Old Feb 26th 2015, 12:22 am
Forum Regular

sign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RRV

Originally Posted by chance to be
Hi, may sound a daft question but I'm wondering if this is a possibility. I have a 5yr RRV which runs out next year. Personal circumstances mean its pretty likely I won't be able to move to aus for 5ys (carer). So, next year I was going to apply for 1yr RRV, and I was wondering, now 5yr RRV is not possible for me, could I just continue to get a 1yr RRV annually until the 5yrs are up? Can you renew a 1yr RRV annually or do you just have one chance at it and then would get rejected if you tried for another one the following year? I really don't want to lose the opportunity to move out in 5yrs when I already have my pR and at 46, I wouldn't be able to successfully restart this process afresh. I was thinking it might be worth flying out this year and explain situation in person (maybe they'd grant 5yr as exception???) - is there any mileage in travelling to aus to do this? I've been away well over 2yrs
Thanks in advance
CTB
You should have applied for another five year RRV just before your third year out of Australia was about to end. As IF you had spent the previous two years in Australia before you left Australia then in that five year period you would have spent two years in Australia. Then as the rules stand, you must have spent two years in the previous five years in Australia to renew a RRV. So did you spend the two year period in Australia prior to leaving. If so have you been left Australia fore more than three years? As for the one year I have no idea.
Old Feb 26th 2015, 8:36 am
BE Enthusiast

chance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sign
You should have applied for another five year RRV just before your third year out of Australia was about to end. As IF you had spent the previous two years in Australia before you left Australia then in that five year period you would have spent two years in Australia. Then as the rules stand, you must have spent two years in the previous five years in Australia to renew a RRV. So did you spend the two year period in Australia prior to leaving. If so have you been left Australia fore more than three years? As for the one year I have no idea.
Hi thanks for replying

I got sub class 138 PR granted to enter from 2006, came back after 1 yr but was able to get a 5 yr RRV because I showed I had to come back for a parent that died and wanted to return when all the things around that were sorted. I have a brother citizen who sponsored us for the PR and could show we still maintained a relationship with him visiting us etc. so the 5yr RRV expires march 2016.

Thing is, I know it sounds mercenary but other parent I can't leave right now and I would image it would be over a year of caring for them so RRV would run out.
Dd and Ds both finish school this year so they can't wait around and put life on hold so are going to uk university in Sept. In an ideal world then when they had done that we could all go. However, I'm not eligible for another 5yr as haven't been back to oz long enough.

Last time pressure from family, me guilt tripping played a big part in our return, so I couldn't do it again and muck up our chance again. So I can only try to renew annually, (for how long could i do this though)I think, which is a gamble if I'm turned down one year. If I had citizenship, I'd be fine, but like I said I'm 46 so don't want to lose PR as would not get again.

It's all so difficult, it's the timing that's crap but I can see in 5 yrs, everything would be different so need to try as hard as possible to keep a door open. Also if I don't keep up PR, there isn't the option to apply for jobs from here etc in the same way so that would limit a return. Hope this makes sense and thanks for reading.

Last edited by chance to be; Feb 26th 2015 at 8:38 am.
Old Feb 26th 2015, 8:47 am
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

You won't get a 5 year RRV, there is no discretion available.

And sorry to be blunt, but I very much doubt whether you will get a one year one either given that you have been away from Australia for nearly 10 years and were there for less than a year. It's even more difficult if you haven't visited for 5 years - have you?

If I were you I would pay for a consultation with a good migration agent. Try sending emails to George Lombard or Alan Collett, they both come recommended on here.