RPL - Resume and checklist

Old Mar 25th 2008, 10:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to behold
Default RPL - Resume and checklist

Hopefully someone who has succsesfully completed an RPL will be able to help me with a quick question.

I've completed my RPL CBOK and Project Reports and I am just compiling everything to send away. I was going through the ACS site and noticed it wants a resume including, which isn't a problem, but it says it needs details of all your projects you've done.

Does this mean, as well as where I have given my resume details on the RPL Application, I have to include a seperate resume document, as well as document with bullet point lists of all the projects I have worked on, and what role I played in each?

Also, does anyone have a checklist of documents you need to enclose? So far I have the following:-
  • RPL Application Form
  • CBOK
  • 2x Project Reports
  • Work References
  • Self References for jobs I couldn't get a reference from
  • Payslips for one job which I can't get a reference
  • Copy of Passport
  • Resume (CV) document

I think thats it isn't it?

Thanks for your help!
Old Mar 26th 2008, 1:54 am

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RPL - Resume and checklist

AndyR,
I included both resume and the RPL papers. So what if it has the same information. I also did not bother to cover ALL projects - too many, so only did the major ones.

Re. list of documents - you may be forgetting certifications/trainings.

Also, references need to be specific to dates (saying March 2005-December 2005 is a sure way to have a month deducted), say that work is full time or part time (hrs/week then) and state somehow that it was a paid-for work. Perhaps more payslips to show that you were in paid employment would be the other thing I'd add.

Good luck with your application.
NJ
Old Mar 26th 2008, 7:36 am
BE Enthusiast

AndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: RPL - Resume and checklist

Originally Posted by newjersey
AndyR,
I included both resume and the RPL papers. So what if it has the same information. I also did not bother to cover ALL projects - too many, so only did the major ones.

Re. list of documents - you may be forgetting certifications/trainings.

Also, references need to be specific to dates (saying March 2005-December 2005 is a sure way to have a month deducted), say that work is full time or part time (hrs/week then) and state somehow that it was a paid-for work. Perhaps more payslips to show that you were in paid employment would be the other thing I'd add.

Good luck with your application.
NJ
Thanks! Forgot to add to the list that I've got all my cert/training certificates to be photocopied + authorized as well.

The references are fine yep, got all those details on.

Looks like I just need to add another sheet with my project details on and I'm sorted. Thanks for your help mate!