RPL for ACS.

Old Dec 9th 2014, 12:55 pm
kvs
Just Joined

kvs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: RPL for ACS.

Dear Members

I have a question with regards to my ACS Processing. I am yet to apply , but would wish to get a feedback of valuable members of this forum.

The following is my detail

1.I have a BSC Zoology degree year of completion=1996
2.Higher Diploma in Software Engineering=1996
3.MBA IT from Sikkim Manipal University=2008

I have work experience which will meet the role of a systems analyst from May'1999 to till date. So considering above scenarios , how should i proceed for ACS,

if i apply based on HDSE and my experience i.e around 15yrs as of now - will i be able to get 15 points even if ACS deducts 5-6 yrs for achieving suitability criteria or
will i be awarded 10 points ?
Also, is it i can apply directly to ACS with my relevant documents/ref letter or I should do a RPL ? Whether to do a RPL or a regular processing is also one of my confusions here .. Request your assistance on the above, Thanks.

If it is RPL, what is the requirement for it or is there any preset documentations.
Old Dec 9th 2014, 10:14 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kvs
Dear Members

I have a question with regards to my ACS Processing. I am yet to apply , but would wish to get a feedback of valuable members of this forum.

The following is my detail

1.I have a BSC Zoology degree year of completion=1996
2.Higher Diploma in Software Engineering=1996
3.MBA IT from Sikkim Manipal University=2008

I have work experience which will meet the role of a systems analyst from May'1999 to till date. So considering above scenarios , how should i proceed for ACS,

if i apply based on HDSE and my experience i.e around 15yrs as of now - will i be able to get 15 points even if ACS deducts 5-6 yrs for achieving suitability criteria or
will i be awarded 10 points ?
Also, is it i can apply directly to ACS with my relevant documents/ref letter or I should do a RPL ? Whether to do a RPL or a regular processing is also one of my confusions here .. Request your assistance on the above, Thanks.

If it is RPL, what is the requirement for it or is there any preset documentations.
From the summary criteria - https://www.acs.org.au/__data/assets...teria-2014.pdf - with an ICT diploma you can apply via the skills route if you have 5 or 6 years of experience

Points for skilled experience will depend if your experience is verified and relevant but assuming it is, 15 points are awarded for 8 years experience, and you should have 9 or 10.

All the info is on the ACS - take the time to read the guidelines to ensure your references are in the correct format
Old Dec 11th 2014, 7:08 am
kvs
Just Joined

Dear Members /Moderators

thanx for you reply.
Can you also help me to arrive the net points i would have based on my below details,

age=points 25

education=bachelors in science(completed 1999) and MBA IT(completed 2008)
plus Higher diploma in software engineering from aptech(completed 1999) & will i get separate points for the diploma and separate points for degree ? is the above have to be assessed by some one or do we claim points with our certificates itself and what would be the points i can claim for the above ? iam little confused here.

IELTS=how much if i score 6 or 7 in all 4 (writing/speaking/reading/listening)

work experience=1999-till date - i understand this is to be from ACS and to be taken based on Aptech Diploma which will closely relate to my current profession and expected nomination of systems analyst.(should be 15 points here?)

my wife is MSC IT and have IT Trainer experience for 1 yr - will this get any point ?

do we have any other source where i can get points or be eligible for it ?

Finally will i get 60/65 points .. kindly help pls, Thanks.

---------------------------------------

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
From the summary criteria - https://www.acs.org.au/__data/assets...teria-2014.pdf - with an ICT diploma you can apply via the skills route if you have 5 or 6 years of experience

Points for skilled experience will depend if your experience is verified and relevant but assuming it is, 15 points are awarded for 8 years experience, and you should have 9 or 10.

All the info is on the ACS - take the time to read the guidelines to ensure your references are in the correct format
Old Dec 11th 2014, 7:19 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kvs
Dear Members /Moderators

thanx for you reply.
Can you also help me to arrive the net points i would have based on my below details,

age=points 25

education=bachelors in science(completed 1999) and MBA IT(completed 2008)
plus Higher diploma in software engineering from aptech(completed 1999) & will i get separate points for the diploma and separate points for degree ? is the above have to be assessed by some one or do we claim points with our certificates itself and what would be the points i can claim for the above ? iam little confused here.

IELTS=how much if i score 6 or 7 in all 4 (writing/speaking/reading/listening)

work experience=1999-till date - i understand this is to be from ACS and to be taken based on Aptech Diploma which will closely relate to my current profession and expected nomination of systems analyst.(should be 15 points here?)

my wife is MSC IT and have IT Trainer experience for 1 yr - will this get any point ?

do we have any other source where i can get points or be eligible for it ?

Finally will i get 60/65 points .. kindly help pls, Thanks.

---------------------------------------

There is a points test on every skilled visa page to help you calculate - Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189)
Old Dec 11th 2014, 8:18 am
kvs
Just Joined

yes, i checked it .. but my confusion here is that .. am i eligible to claim 15 points for bachelors degree and 10 points for my diploma certification(higher diploma in software engineering) from APTECH ? I am unable to find this related info in the given link .. whether is it possible ? if it is possible , further do we need to get it assessed or certified by any one as per DIBP or we need to submit our related certificated during EOI ?

kindly help me to have clarity on this and in arriving my net points, thank you.

There is a points test on every skilled visa page to help you calculate - Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189)
Old Dec 11th 2014, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by kvs
yes, i checked it .. but my confusion here is that .. am i eligible to claim 15 points for bachelors degree and 10 points for my diploma certification(higher diploma in software engineering) from APTECH ? I am unable to find this related info in the given link .. whether is it possible ? if it is possible , further do we need to get it assessed or certified by any one as per DIBP or we need to submit our related certificated during EOI ?

kindly help me to have clarity on this and in arriving my net points, thank you.
You can only claim points for one qualification. Ii think if it is not assessed by skills body then you would need to get it assessed separately so the safe route may be the diploma as that will be assessed by ACS.

Not 100% sure though - it may depend if it is from a recognised university.
Old Dec 11th 2014, 12:53 pm
kvs
Just Joined

Thanks very much
Knowing that i am still in the limits of 55 points as below
age=25
bachelor degree=15
experience=15 (assuming that i will apply with aptech HDSE diploma qualification and showing experience from May'1999 to till date, hopefully to get 15 points)
& IELTS currently have band 6 in all modules which is 0 points
total=55

to achieve 60 or more ,

1.I think i should try to get band 7 in all modules of IELTS ?

2.Also the other source which i guess is partners skills points
my wife is a MSC IT degree holder
she is working as a IT trainer which is in CSOL 223211, mine will be 261112 systems analyst i can find this code also in CSOL i.e in the same list - will this work to get points of 5 ?

she has 1yr experience
she can do an IELTS exam and how much she has to get in each module ?
one of the agents told me that i cant claim points becos she dont have minimum 2 yrs experience and my anszco code and her code is not in same list i.e SOL list i believe ?
is it true or we are eligible to claim 5 points ? pls advice.

You can only claim points for one qualification. Ii think if it is not assessed by skills body then you would need to get it assessed separately so the safe route may be the diploma as that will be assessed by ACS.

Not 100% sure though - it may depend if it is from a recognised university.
Old Dec 11th 2014, 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by kvs
Thanks very much
Knowing that i am still in the limits of 55 points as below
age=25
bachelor degree=15
experience=15 (assuming that i will apply with aptech HDSE diploma qualification and showing experience from May'1999 to till date, hopefully to get 15 points)
& IELTS currently have band 6 in all modules which is 0 points
total=55

to achieve 60 or more ,

1.I think i should try to get band 7 in all modules of IELTS ?

2.Also the other source which i guess is partners skills points
my wife is a MSC IT degree holder
she is working as a IT trainer which is in CSOL 223211, mine will be 261112 systems analyst i can find this code also in CSOL i.e in the same list - will this work to get points of 5 ?

she has 1yr experience
she can do an IELTS exam and how much she has to get in each module ?
one of the agents told me that i cant claim points becos she dont have minimum 2 yrs experience and my anszco code and her code is not in same list i.e SOL list i believe ?
is it true or we are eligible to claim 5 points ? pls advice.
Your occupation is on the SOL so you will not be able to use partner points as your wife's isn't.

You can try and improve your IELTS score or see if any states are sponsoring your occupation.
Old Dec 12th 2014, 8:29 am
kvs
Just Joined

Thanks oldsparkles for your help.
got ur point regarding the claiming of partner skills. She also works as a "computer aided technical interviewer" for the past 6-7 mnths to date. It is a profession where we need to make survey about a particular product and collect customer feedback and submit it to next department for them to concluce the survey with findings and recommendations. Do we have any occupation in SOL list for this profile? i tried to find in SOL list .. not able to concluce correctly ? any advice old sparkles, can i use it and any possibility to claim points with her taking ielts also ? thanks for ur support.

Your occupation is on the SOL so you will not be able to use partner points as your wife's isn't.

You can try and improve your IELTS score or see if any states are sponsoring your occupation.
Old Dec 12th 2014, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by kvs
Thanks oldsparkles for your help.
got ur point regarding the claiming of partner skills. She also works as a "computer aided technical interviewer" for the past 6-7 mnths to date. It is a profession where we need to make survey about a particular product and collect customer feedback and submit it to next department for them to concluce the survey with findings and recommendations. Do we have any occupation in SOL list for this profile? i tried to find in SOL list .. not able to concluce correctly ? any advice old sparkles, can i use it and any possibility to claim points with her taking ielts also ? thanks for ur support.
"computer aided technical interviewer" doesn't sound like a skilled job. If you do not think you can improve your IELTS to score 7 in each test, have you checked which states are sponsoring your occupation as that is worth 5 points on a 190 application.
Old Dec 12th 2014, 8:47 am
kvs
Just Joined

ok got it , thanks

"computer aided technical interviewer" doesn't sound like a skilled job. If you do not think you can improve your IELTS to score 7 in each test, have you checked which states are sponsoring your occupation as that is worth 5 points on a 190 application.