Which route to go?

Old Mar 31st 2007, 6:42 am
Just Joined

Canada_11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Which route to go?

I want to move to Australia, from Canada. Im 21 years old and don't have any uni/college so I can't get in on a skilled visa. If I was to go the Working Holdiday Visa route, chances of someone sponsoring me with no education skills, I assume would be a very slim chance?

Another option I thought about is I could study in Canada and get a degree here then apply under skilled visa or another option is to study in australia as my bills/rent would be close to same as where I live now.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!!
Thanks
Old Mar 31st 2007, 10:22 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Which route to go?

Originally Posted by Canada_11
I want to move to Australia, from Canada. Im 21 years old and don't have any uni/college so I can't get in on a skilled visa. If I was to go the Working Holdiday Visa route, chances of someone sponsoring me with no education skills, I assume would be a very slim chance?

Another option I thought about is I could study in Canada and get a degree here then apply under skilled visa or another option is to study in australia as my bills/rent would be close to same as where I live now.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!!
Thanks
If you come here to study, you will be paying internatioal student fees at school. VERY high. You are only able to work a maximum of 20 hours per week, so unless you have lots of money saved up to pay your tuition and housing costs you will find it tight. There is also the possibility that the course of study you undertake will not be on the list of occupations that allow you to apply for permanent residence at the end of it. Your best bet is to undertake some training where you are now, get some work experience under your belt and then apply on a skilled visa.
You of course could come over on a working holiday visa and see if you truly like it here before you decide. The chances, though of you being sponsored for a visa after are very slim unless you come with a trade or sone other specific skill before hand. What work do you do now?
I'm from Burlington Ontario, so anything you want to know, feel free to ask. I'm no expert by any stretch, but have moved permanently to Australia and been through the process.