Robinsons removals ????

Old Apr 25th 2003, 12:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant future
Default Robinsons removals ????

Had the shipping companies in during the last couple of weeks.
Quotes have now come in and we are thinking of using Robinson's removal company.
Would appreciate any comments from people who have used them.
wendy
Old Apr 25th 2003, 8:27 pm
Finally back home

sally1968 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Robinsons removals ????

Originally posted by Wendy&Mike
Had the shipping companies in during the last couple of weeks.
Quotes have now come in and we are thinking of using Robinson's removal company.
Would appreciate any comments from people who have used them.
wendy
Sorry can't help you with your question but would appreciate some idea of the prices you have been quoted and for what size container.

Thanks in advance.

Sally
Old Apr 25th 2003, 9:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant future

i intend to take absolutely everything with me. Thus with 3 kids and years of junk i have lots to ship. i got four quotes which are as follows;
1-max 1653cubic feet in a 40ft container = £6,428
2-max 1780cubic feet in a sole use container= £5,290
3-max one 40ft sole use container= £5,366
4-one 40ft sole use container as per inventory= £4,885

As you can see all quoted using slightly varied criterea and they veiwed the space my belongings would take up differently.

Three of them quoted 3% for insurance, the dearest quoted 2.5% for insurance.
All quotes were for door to door service (within 30 mile radius of brisbane centre), them to pack and unpack & clear customs for us.
We decided to go for a sole use 40ft even though we are unlikely to fill it as it seems to be less hassle and things are less likely to get lost that way. Also a part container is no cheaper when you are talking these sze volumes.
We decided to ship is cheaper than replace everything as it's really difficult to sell items here.
Robinsons were the cheapest quote.
Hope this gives you some idea of charges
wendy