Returning Permanent Resident.

Old Feb 13th 2021, 6:43 pm
Just Joined

spycatcher is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Returning Permanent Resident.

Hi
Migrated to Australia in 2000 becoming a Permanent Resident with my son.
Left Oz in Dec 2017 for Medical Treatment back in the UK and due to Covid, still in the UK.
If I want to go back to Oz to live, does my original Permanent Residency cover me?
I've been away just a tad over 3 years so far.
Old Feb 13th 2021, 10:17 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Returning Permanent Resident.

Originally Posted by spycatcher
Hi
Migrated to Australia in 2000 becoming a Permanent Resident with my son.
Left Oz in Dec 2017 for Medical Treatment back in the UK and due to Covid, still in the UK.
If I want to go back to Oz to live, does my original Permanent Residency cover me?
I've been away just a tad over 3 years so far.
If you didn't obtain an RRV before leaving Australia, you will probably need one to be able to return.
If you had done this last year, you would have been able to get a 5 year one as you would have met the 2 years out of 5 requirement. But you should still be able to get one for up to 12 months.

Info here - https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visa...5-157#Overview