Retirement visa

Old Feb 23rd 2011, 8:27 pm
Forum Regular

Paula H is just really nicePaula H is just really nicePaula H is just really nicePaula H is just really nicePaula H is just really nicePaula H is just really nicePaula H is just really nicePaula H is just really nice
Default Retirement visa

Hi all,

What are the requirements for a retirement visa in oz now? Websites are very confusing.

also if my parents do not have enough money to get that particular visa what are the holiday visas they could come out on? how long are they and how often can they get them?

thanks
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 8:33 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Retirement visa

Originally Posted by Paula H
Hi all,

What are the requirements for a retirement visa in oz now? Websites are very confusing.

also if my parents do not have enough money to get that particular visa what are the holiday visas they could come out on? how long are they and how often can they get them?

thanks
Not sure what you mean by retirement visa? Do you mean contributory Parent visa mate?

Here is the DIAC site which might help answer your questions http://www.immi.gov.au/immigration/
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 8:59 pm
Forum Regular

Paula H is just really nicePaula H is just really nicePaula H is just really nicePaula H is just really nicePaula H is just really nicePaula H is just really nicePaula H is just really nicePaula H is just really nice

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
Not sure what you mean by retirement visa? Do you mean contributory Parent visa mate?

Here is the DIAC site which might help answer your questions http://www.immi.gov.au/immigration/
I looked on that but could not find much.

Can my parents retire out in oz?

what are the requirements of a cont parent visa?
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 9:53 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

I looked on that but could not find much.

Can my parents retire out in oz?

what are the requirements of a cont parent visa?
Here is the same site but the page for retirement visa http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/retirement/410/

And here is the same site but the link for contributory parent visa http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/fami...nt/173-to-143/

I suggest you also do a search on this forum by keying in the subjects as it's a wealth of info on here from people who have been through both.

Good luck mate
Old Feb 24th 2011, 1:04 am
BE Enthusiast

tomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond repute

405 investor retirement visa. It's a mega expensive way to retire in Australia, unlike the old 410 retirement visa which was affordable, but no longer exists. Hope this helps, otherwise the other options seem to be 6 months here and 6 months elsewhere, or if you pass the balance of family test the parent contributory visa (not sure if that's the correct title).
Old Feb 25th 2011, 12:01 am
BE Forum Addict

ozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond repute

I know someone from the UK. She comes out to Perth every year on a 6-month tourist visa. In other words, DIAC seem to be happy to give out a 6-month tourist visa every year .
Old Feb 25th 2011, 5:49 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ozhappy981
I know someone from the UK. She comes out to Perth every year on a 6-month tourist visa. In other words, DIAC seem to be happy to give out a 6-month tourist visa every year .
So if the investor retirement visa proves too expensive then I guess the 6m visa will be the way to go for them

Thanks you x
Old Feb 25th 2011, 11:48 am
BE Enthusiast

kevncarlz is a jewel in the roughkevncarlz is a jewel in the roughkevncarlz is a jewel in the roughkevncarlz is a jewel in the rough

Hi Paula
Im in the same boat at the moment with my dad but is cost of a contrributory visa is about $2,000 for the application then $37,000 for the visa then a $10,000 bond which yopu get the $10,000 back after 10 year so not cheep at all im now looking for other options
Old Feb 25th 2011, 8:50 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kevncarlz
Hi Paula
Im in the same boat at the moment with my dad but is cost of a contrributory visa is about $2,000 for the application then $37,000 for the visa then a $10,000 bond which yopu get the $10,000 back after 10 year so not cheep at all im now looking for other options
$37000 for the visa?!?!!!! It's like you have to buy your way into the country. Shame it's not so hard to get into this country.

Let me know what other options you find if you dint mind xx
Old Feb 25th 2011, 8:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

My parents came here for 6 months of every year for 15 years. Arrived in October and left in March and they never had a problem with visas. They stopped at 80 because the flights were getting too much for them. They built a granny flat in our back yard and bought a car and spent their days playing golf.
Old Feb 25th 2011, 9:27 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

$37000 for the visa?!?!!!! It's like you have to buy your way into the country. Shame it's not so hard to get into this country.
Let me know what other options you find if you dint mind xx
I really do wish people would do some research before making such blatently stupid statements. Have you any idea what the requirements actually are for a visa to live in UK?
Old Feb 25th 2011, 9:39 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Dorothy
I really do wish people would do some research before making such blatently stupid statements. Have you any idea what the requirements actually are for a visa to live in UK?
No sorry didn't mean to offend

Just seems like the world and their mother are here in the UK
Old Feb 25th 2011, 9:46 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

No sorry didn't mean to offend

Just seems like the world and their mother are here in the UK
And from someone here in Australia it just seems that the world and their mothers are here. Not just anyone can live in UK any more than just anyone can live in Australia.
Old Feb 25th 2011, 10:04 pm
Forum Regular

Tom Pratt is just really niceTom Pratt is just really niceTom Pratt is just really niceTom Pratt is just really niceTom Pratt is just really niceTom Pratt is just really niceTom Pratt is just really niceTom Pratt is just really niceTom Pratt is just really nice

Both Parent's Visas require you to have at least half of your kids in Oz as permanent residents.
The "standard" visa costs about £2000 BUT booklet 3 (the "bible" look on www,immi.gov.au and download it) says there is a 20 yr waiting list!
Alternative is Contributory Parents visa, can do it in one go but it does cost anywhere between £37,000 & £47,000 depending on the exchange rate but it does include a bond about £8600 at today's exchange rates.
You get the bond back 10 yrs after arriving in Oz plus interest.
You can do this Visa in two parts, a Temporary Visa then apply for the permanentt visa in 2 yrs.
It's the route we have taken, and are now applying for the permanent visa. should have cost about £500 more to do it this way but the weak £ means it's costing $8,000 more!
Not sure about "Tourist Visa", there is en electronic visa you get off the internet and used to cost abot £11 each, lasts one year but you must limit each stay to 3 months
Crucially (for us) you can't work or own property.
I am 64 this year and have resigned myself to working until I'm 70 to make sure that I can make it in Oz.
When we started, £200,000 we hope to get for our house (another story...) would have made $500,000 (4 yrs ago) now it is worth $300,000 purely because of the poor £.
Lost a lot of sleep over this but both our kids and 6 grandchildren are in Oz now, no-one in UK
I'll do what it takes but comfy retirement it won't be!

Last edited by Tom Pratt; Feb 25th 2011 at 10:06 pm. Reason: Mistyped house value
Old Feb 25th 2011, 11:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

tomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond repute

I just want to make a point about the money that is required to be paid if you can afford to come here on the shorter parent contributory visa. When you are accepted here you will then be eligible for medicare, which you obviously haven't contributed to, so this really is the equivalent of back payment, which is fair, as you will be older and probably more in need of health care. I think it's absolutely right that you shouldn't be allowed to just come here and expect the country to pick up the tab.
If you came here as self funded retirees, on the old 410 visa, you knew the conditions and accepted that you had to cover all your medical expenses with private health cover, and this also applies to the 405 investor retirement visa, after all it's your choice to retire here, and if you haven't worked here and paid taxes, why should this country support you. We came on the 410 visa totally accept the conditions and love it here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.