Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Retirement & Chronic illness - will it hold back a hero?

Retirement & Chronic illness - will it hold back a hero?

Old Mar 14th 2005, 9:39 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice
Default Re: Retirement & Chronic illness - will it hold back a hero?

Originally Posted by JayDeee
My father would also like to come over on a parent visa, he is kinda sick but I would like to talk to someone who knows rthe full ins and outs of what is and isn't sick in the Australian governments eyes.

Can anyone reccomend anyone who I could talk to or email with the full details of what is wrong with my dad who might be able to give me a definate yes or no?

Cheers
Kala

Peter Bollard is the most highly recommended medical professional I've heard of - I know there are several members on this forum that have used his services for both themselves and their families.

Contact him here http://users.bigpond.net.au/onk/
SUITE 1202,12TH FLOOR, WORLD TOWER,87-89 LIVERPOOL STREET SYDNEY 2000

Phone: +61 2 92647500
Fax No: +61 2 92646588
Email: [email protected]
Old Mar 15th 2005, 12:05 am
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mlbonner
Peter Bollard is the most highly recommended medical professional I've heard of - I know there are several members on this forum that have used his services for both themselves and their families.

Contact him here http://users.bigpond.net.au/onk/
SUITE 1202,12TH FLOOR, WORLD TOWER,87-89 LIVERPOOL STREET SYDNEY 2000

Phone: +61 2 92647500
Fax No: +61 2 92646588
Email: [email protected]
Hi Michelle,

And people can visit the MRT database at www.mrt.gov.au and search on the condition to get an idea how it's treated by the authorities here. Unfortunately MRT decisions can be quite complex so it's a good idea to search on both the medical condition and the visa you're applying for, eg diabetes + 138 to try to get more relevant cases.

Cheers,

George Lombard

www.austimmigration.com.au
Old Mar 15th 2005, 2:12 pm
wax on wax off

heswallboy will become famous soon enough
Talking Re: Retirement & Chronic illness - will it hold back a hero?

Originally Posted by ali south
My parents are considering half the year in the UK and half in our garden shed in Australia (I think that is allowed). The 6 month thing not the shed thing. We might stretch to a grannie annex!
Would your wife be happy with getting half the year with her parents?
Tara

hi Tara

Is something under consideration, but form my point of view would certainly have to be some degree of segregation.

A 2 year old and a 4 year old are challenge enough !!

HB
Old Mar 15th 2005, 3:27 pm
Life is good

claire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to all

Is it possible for people to get consecutive visas on this basis? For example 6 months in Australia then 6 months elsewhere, 6 months back in Oz?
Old Mar 15th 2005, 7:09 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally Posted by claire edwards
Is it possible for people to get consecutive visas on this basis? For example 6 months in Australia then 6 months elsewhere, 6 months back in Oz?

Its possible, there's a long stay visitor visa which is 6 months HOWEVER how many of these you get consecutively I'm unsure.
Old Mar 15th 2005, 11:12 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mlbonner
Its possible, there's a long stay visitor visa which is 6 months HOWEVER how many of these you get consecutively I'm unsure.

The bottom line is that people who are visiting Australia as tourists need to be able to show they are *living* somewhere else. There may be specific visa regulations to respect on top of this.

Jeremy