Restrictions with 495 visa

Old Feb 4th 2008, 4:30 am
Just Joined

ErikVariable is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Restrictions with 495 visa

Hi,

We are in Australia on a SIR visa (sub class 495) and I am having some trouble understanding the 8539 condition which is applied to this type of visa.

We have been here for just over a year and I have worked for nine months during the year so we are slowly satisfying the requirements for applying for Permanent Residency.

In looking for work I have been offered a contract with a Perth based company. We live in Bunbury which is south of Perth and classified as regional. My plan is to set up a limited company here in Bunbury and to contract myself out through the company. The family will continue to live in Bunbury and I plan to commute to the city to work.

In my mind this all works: we live regionally, I work for a regionally based company BUT my work will take me to Perth.

In discussing the 8539 condition I am increasingly worried that I may be in breach of the visa if I accept the contract and work as described above.

Am I right to be worried that I may breach the visa conditions?
Old Feb 7th 2008, 1:01 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Restrictions with 495 visa

Originally Posted by ErikVariable
Hi,

We are in Australia on a SIR visa (sub class 495) and I am having some trouble understanding the 8539 condition which is applied to this type of visa.

We have been here for just over a year and I have worked for nine months during the year so we are slowly satisfying the requirements for applying for Permanent Residency.

In looking for work I have been offered a contract with a Perth based company. We live in Bunbury which is south of Perth and classified as regional. My plan is to set up a limited company here in Bunbury and to contract myself out through the company. The family will continue to live in Bunbury and I plan to commute to the city to work.

In my mind this all works: we live regionally, I work for a regionally based company BUT my work will take me to Perth.

In discussing the 8539 condition I am increasingly worried that I may be in breach of the visa if I accept the contract and work as described above.

You would need specalist advice to be sure (and such advice may not be available as there is no market for it) but I would suggest that while incidental business visits are probably ok, you really can't work in Perth until you get PR.
Old Feb 12th 2008, 5:24 am
Forum Regular

sriram4success is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Restrictions with 495 visa

Originally Posted by ErikVariable
Hi,

Yes, you will be in breach of visa conditions if you work in Perth.Better to wait than get caught, as I do.