Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

residential address error (urgent) please advise

residential address error (urgent) please advise

Old Nov 14th 2009, 3:20 am
Forum Regular

yasser is an unknown quantity at this point
Default residential address error (urgent) please advise

My wife is the main applicant in 175 immigration plan.
While filing up the initial online application she by mistake mentioned all the last 10 years of residential address as mine i.e the address after marriage, whereas, it has been 6 years since we got married. By this she had to show 4 year residential address of her before marriage one.

Now we have received the form 80 and the same question has been asked in that form also. What should we do? Should we go by the previous statement or should we contact the case officer and explain her committed mistake.
Old Nov 14th 2009, 3:39 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: residential address error (urgent) please advise

Originally Posted by yasser
My wife is the main applicant in 175 immigration plan.
While filing up the initial online application she by mistake mentioned all the last 10 years of residential address as mine i.e the address after marriage, whereas, it has been 6 years since we got married. By this she had to show 4 year residential address of her before marriage one.

Now we have received the form 80 and the same question has been asked in that form also. What should we do? Should we go by the previous statement or should we contact the case officer and explain her committed mistake.
You need to complete a form 1023 - Notice of incorrect answers http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1023.pdf
Old Nov 14th 2009, 3:54 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Dorothy
You need to complete a form 1023 - Notice of incorrect answers http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1023.pdf
Thanks Dorothy for your suggestion. I have seen the and in the conditions it states

in your visa application;
• on a passenger card; or
• in response to a notice given to you by the department
inviting you to comment on possible non-compliance with
an obligation to correct incorrect information.

so please let me know if we fall in any of that category
Old Nov 14th 2009, 4:29 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yasser
Thanks Dorothy for your suggestion. I have seen the and in the conditions it states

in your visa application;
• on a passenger card; or
• in response to a notice given to you by the department
inviting you to comment on possible non-compliance with
an obligation to correct incorrect information.

so please let me know if we fall in any of that category
What part of this do you not understand? in your visa application;
Old Nov 14th 2009, 6:22 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Dorothy
What part of this do you not understand? in your visa application;
thanks for your advise. will do it accordingly.
does this type of mistake cause any delay in processing? I am little apprehensive about that.
Old Nov 14th 2009, 6:27 am

Howard Jenings is an unknown quantity at this point

Just fill in the form and e-mail it back to them I typed in our sons date of birth wrong!!, filled in the form and they changed it quickly
Old Nov 14th 2009, 7:06 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Howard Jenings
Just fill in the form and e-mail it back to them I typed in our sons date of birth wrong!!, filled in the form and they changed it quickly
thanks alot for your advise. Have a nice week end.