Resident Return Visa

Old Jul 18th 2006, 1:56 am
Forum Regular

pomref has a brilliant futurepomref has a brilliant futurepomref has a brilliant futurepomref has a brilliant futurepomref has a brilliant futurepomref has a brilliant futurepomref has a brilliant future
Default Resident Return Visa

If an Australian Permanent Resident moved to the UK with their Australian Citizen Partner. And after several years the couple wanted to move back to Australia is that good enough grounds to apply for the $120 dollar Resident Return Visa.

Or do you have to reapply for the expensive spouse visa $1950.

My partner seen some jobs in the UK and from what i can make out as we have been together more than 4 years she can goto the UK, but not sure how it works for us coming back to Australia if we are out of the country to long.
Old Jul 18th 2006, 2:15 am
BE Enthusiast

newkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Resident Return Visa

Originally Posted by pomref
If an Australian Permanent Resident moved to the UK with their Australian Citizen Partner. And after several years the couple wanted to move back to Australia is that good enough grounds to apply for the $120 dollar Resident Return Visa.

Or do you have to reapply for the expensive spouse visa $1950.

My partner seen some jobs in the UK and from what i can make out as we have been together more than 4 years she can goto the UK, but not sure how it works for us coming back to Australia if we are out of the country to long.
How long till you can get your aus citizenship?
From what I know if you leave aus and your initial RRV expires yu have to start from scratch...
Old Jul 18th 2006, 3:09 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Resident Return Visa

Originally Posted by newkiwi
How long till you can get your aus citizenship?
From what I know if you leave aus and your initial RRV expires yu have to start from scratch...
Not quite, there are options to get an RRV if you have 2 years residence in the last 5, or "substantial ties" to Australia. See form 968i:
http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/968i.pdf

But there are still circumstances in which an RRV may be refused, citizenship makes things so much simpler.