Resident Return

Old Apr 23rd 2007, 9:43 am
Banned

mancity is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Resident Return

Hey All,

Wondering if anyone can give me first hand experience.

My visa, expires june 2008, and having only spent 18 months in Aus and now living in Uk for work reasons, I expect my right to residency to expire after this date if I am not back there.

I understand I can get a RRV for a fee $120, but I am reading I may only get 3 months and not the 5 year one I would like due to not meeting the 2 year mark of stay in the visa time.

Anyone know of this and gone through the procedure, as I certainly dont want to miss the opportunity of going back, but also dont want to be rushing back either.

I know I cant have it my own way all the time.
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 9:57 am
forever hopeful

louise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Resident Return

Originally Posted by mancity
Hey All,

My visa, expires june 2008, and having only spent 18 months in Aus and now living in Uk for work reasons, I expect my right to residency to expire after this date if I am not back there.

I understand I can get a RRV for a fee $120, but I am reading I may only get 3 months and not the 5 year one I would like due to not meeting the 2 year mark of stay in the visa time.

Anyone know of this and gone through the procedure, as I certainly dont want to miss the opportunity of going back, but also dont want to be rushing back either.

Hi mancity, we are applying for an RRV at the moment, the time they give you to return is down to them some people get the 5 years, others only get three months.
maybe phone an gent so they can tell you what the specifics are.
we are hoping to get the 5 year one, but we have family there so this swaying it (we hope)

Louise
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 10:10 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/residents/index.htm
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 10:53 am
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute

Hey All,

If you go back there for 6 months you should be able to then qualify for another 5 year RRV and even Australian Citizenship if you went back for 12 months - so it is well worth taking a career break for say 6 months, (preferably 15 months, to give you time to apply and process the Australian Citizenship application)

The timing for a 6 month return needs to be looked at closely as generally you should not have been outside Australia for more than 3 years since validating your visa. With the 6 month return option, you could leave immediately and apply for the new 5 year RRV as soon as you return to the UK - The 12 month citizenship timing also allows for up to 3 years maximum outside Australia since validation but you would be advised to stay in Australia auntil it is granted.

OR, if you are still eligible for a migrant visa and may not be when changes come in, re-apply for a Migrant visa now.

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 10:56 am
Banned

Ok, a question to gain the RRV.

DO I have compelling and compassionate grounds for departing, has anyone else filled this part in, love to hear ppl's reasons...........

Would you say employment overseas back in Uk is one, and my skills are high end

Personally I dont, as there are jobs in Aus, this one come along and i wanted to review my situation.

The way I see it, you get the opportunity, if you dork around theres plenty more ppl to take your place.
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 11:28 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, a question to gain the RRV.

DO I have compelling and compassionate grounds for departing, has anyone else filled this part in, love to hear ppl's reasons...........
Not in all circumstances. Read form 968i:
http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/968i.pdf

Would you say employment overseas back in Uk is one, and my skills are high end
NO!
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 11:40 am
Banned

I agree, as it is a test of committment to Aussie way of life and economy.

Shot in foor and not well thought out return I must add......

Ok, if my visa expires, does a black spot go on your record if you want to reapply for the visa again????????
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 11:53 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

If you are living in Australia you may be able to get the 5 year visa based on substantial ties even if you don't have 2 years residence.

Otherwise you may get nothing.
Old Apr 25th 2007, 7:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, if my visa expires, does a black spot go on your record if you want to reapply for the visa again????????
Absolutely not We got our second visa with no problems at all.

I also remember some migration agents who advised that we could re-apply even before our current visa had expired (this was about a year back)