Research studies in Australia

Old Jul 16th 2014, 7:15 am
Banned

Maya Roy Sanyal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Research studies in Australia

I am a graduate in Geology and want to pursue my research studies in universities in Australia or New Zealand. Can anyone help me with the expenses that are expected to be incurred approximately in one year?
Old Jul 16th 2014, 10:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Research studies in Australia

Hi,

You will need to see if you qualify for a visa first here:

Find a visa
Old Jul 16th 2014, 11:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

Hello from a fellow geologist.

First thing is that you need to be excepted onto a course - I am assuming you are considering a phd or something?

In which case you would need to look at a student visa.

Costs are going to be VERY high. I would be surprised if you could get a course for less than $50k a year and depending on the research / lab time potentially a lot more.

One important thing to note is that the decline in the mining industry has led to a lot of unemployed geologists and a significant number are choosing to go back to uni as a result. So places are going to be competitive.

What is your research area?
Old Jul 17th 2014, 1:23 am
BE Enthusiast

TeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond repute

Most of the Universities provide an overview of the living expenses to expect as a student at their University (it will vary by region/city). Take a look at the International Students pages on the Universities you are interested in.
Old Aug 23rd 2014, 5:20 am
Banned

Maya Roy Sanyal is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you everyone for the reply. I have been through the International Students page of the universities' websites and got a fair idea but however, to plan the expenses I needed to understand the expenses closely. I have spoken to a few of my family friends who had visited Australia earlier and also to a few of the agencies who offer help in such cases. They share the details about the approximate expenses that may be incurred. I have spoken to The Chopras in India who are getting me all the details in this regard as well as others. So far, their information have been helpful to me. Hope it gets better from here. Thank you all! Cheers!
Old Aug 23rd 2014, 9:48 am
Forum Regular

musicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nice

The Chopras in India who are getting me all the details in this regard as well as others.

Is this some kind of advertisement? I found this recommendation in 3 different subforums without even searching.... Don't know how many more can be found.
Old Aug 23rd 2014, 10:54 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maya Roy Sanyal
Thank you everyone for the reply. I have been through the International Students page of the universities' websites and got a fair idea but however, to plan the expenses I needed to understand the expenses closely. I have spoken to a few of my family friends who had visited Australia earlier and also to a few of the agencies who offer help in such cases. They share the details about the approximate expenses that may be incurred. I have spoken to The Chopras in India who are getting me all the details in this regard as well as others. So far, their information have been helpful to me. Hope it gets better from here. Thank you all! Cheers!
Posting under multiple usernames leads to a ban from the forum.
Bye