Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Requirement to change policy for NZ PR holders.....

Requirement to change policy for NZ PR holders.....

Old Mar 11th 2002, 11:05 am
Tina

Default Requirement to change policy for NZ PR holders.....

Hi All,

I really appreciate Australian policy for giving PR to skilled people on the basis of
skill assessment. But at the same time, i feel, that, the Australian Immigration
department should change policy a bit, for giving PR/Jobs to NZ PR holders, cos i
feel people are making misuse of that.. Take an example, One of my friend who was a
simple commerce graduate with zero years experience in any IT company, but due to
very less points being considered for giving New Zealand PR and on showing false
MCSD/MCSE, etc.. certificates ( available in market for Rs. 2000 per certi.), got
permission to work in Australia as he got New Zealand PR very easily. And..........
Take an example of an experienced IT person, Obviously he will try for Australian PR
directly as he can get assessment result positive on the basis of IT skills and
experience, but he is still not granted any PR, while his friend having lesser
experience, lower skills and lower education is granted NZ PR as well as working
permit in Australia.

I am really frustated waiting for australian PR, already applied for, before 10
months, and still seeing no hope; so felt to share my views on this newsgroup...

Tina.

Old Mar 11th 2002, 10:44 pm
Forum Regular

lmaynard is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Requirement to change policy for NZ PR holders.....

Getting PR in NZ is no walk over. To obtain the required points is extremely difficult without a job or experience. As for lying about qualifications and getting away with it well if people are doing that then there should be deported...

The reciprocal agreement on PR between NZ and Australia is long standing and historical and is only a back door in the eyes of Australia... The real issue is not new migrants to NZ suddenly moving to Australia but is unskilled Kiwi citizens who abuse the system.

Stop whinging - if you think it is easier to get into NZ and then hop across the Tasman then do it! the rules are there to be used and if you can't get Australian PR easily then why not work the system - there's nothing illegal in it....
Old Mar 12th 2002, 10:05 am
Tina

Default Re: Requirement to change policy for NZ PR holders.....

lmaynard <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > Getting PR in NZ is no walk over. To obtain the required points is extremely
    > difficult without a job or experience. As for lying about qualifications and
    > getting away with it well if people are doing that then there should be deported...
    >
    > The reciprocal agreement on PR between NZ and Australia is long standing and
    > historical and is only a back door in the eyes of Australia... The real issue is
    > not new migrants to NZ suddenly moving to Australia but is unskilled Kiwi citizens
    > who abuse the system.
    >
    > Stop whinging - if you think it is easier to get into NZ and then hop across the
    > Tasman then do it! the rules are there to be used and if you can't get Australian
    > PR easily then why not work the system - there's nothing illegal in it....

It seems u r NZ PR holder, Thanks for ur advise.